Author Topic: n00b question(s)  (Read 3195 times)

TheGolfball

n00b question(s)
« on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:23 pm »
I'm investigating Code::Blocks as my IDE of choice for Ubuntu Linux C++ development but have some questions.  I have read various threads but I am still confused on the following.  These questions all pertain to a Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) compatible version of CB.

1.  Nightly or frequent builds of CB all seem to be for the Windows version.  Are there any frequent builds for the Linux version?  Where would the repository be for the frequent builds of the Linux version?  Why does it seem like the Windows version seems to take precedence over the Linux version on frequent builds?

2.  What are the latest versions of CB for Linux, both stable and unstable (frequent builds)?  What repositories shoul I use?  Prefer using Synaptic if possible but happy with apt-get.

3.  Ubuntu 9.04 Synaptic PM currently lists codeblocks 8.02-0ubuntu3.  Is that the latest stable version?

4.  When do you anticipate the next stable release of CB for Lnux?

I want to install the newest stable version of CB for Linux and would also like to investigate newer (possibly less stable Linux frequent build versions if they exist).  Thanks.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: n00b question(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:05:35 pm »
1. Read the whole nightly threads, there are ubuntu and debian repos,

2. 8.02 is the latest official release

3. see 2.

4. if it is ready to release

The nightly builds are in general not less stable than the release version, indeed there are bugs in the release that are fixed in the nightlies.

You can download a full changelog (up to the current nightly) from my server (see signature).

TheGolfball

Re: n00b question(s)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:13:54 pm »
Thanks.  You seem to answer all questions on this board very quickly.  Hope you find time to get some rest.