Author Topic: USING THE INTEL COMPILER V 11.0.074 WITH WINDOWS; stuck!!  (Read 3198 times)

Offline nickrt

• Single posting newcomer
USING THE INTEL COMPILER V 11.0.074 WITH WINDOWS; stuck!!
« on: April 11, 2009, 01:54:07 pm »
Hi

I was wondering if there is anyone who could help me get the Intel Professional Compiler working with Code:Blocks? I know it ought to be straightforward, but alas I am having problems!  :x

I have set "Intel C/C++ compiler".  I then had to change the installation directory, as an additional-path, under "settings->Compiler and debugger->global compiler settings, toolchain executables tab" as c:\program Files (x86)\intel\compiler\11.0\074\cpp\bin\ia32

I can see that the "icl.exe" command line is being executed for the default "hello world" C program.  I have turned on "compiler logging", but I cannot locate the log file (it would be useful that the full path was displayed in the dialog)?

The compiler returned with an error that it could not locate "stdio.h".  I searched the Intel directories (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.0\074\cpp) but oddly I cannot find the standard C header files or libraries? The Intel installation "required" Microsoft Visual Studio, which I also have installed, does this mean it wants to use the Microsoft headers/libraries, or should I point it at my defualt GCC (mingw) files?

I changed the search to locate headers in C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\include and C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.0\074\cpp\include (Intel performance headers), but now it says it cannot locate "stddef.h" which is loaded in stdio.h...!  :shock:

I looked in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ directory, but also cannot see the debugger .exe that Code:Blocks has as "idb.exe"??

If someone has been through this ordeal - any help kindly appreciated!

Best

Nick

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: USING THE INTEL COMPILER V 11.0.074 WITH WINDOWS; stuck!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:30:10 pm »
The compiler returned with an error that it could not locate "stdio.h".  I searched the Intel directories (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.0\074\cpp) but oddly I cannot find the standard C header files or libraries? The Intel installation "required" Microsoft Visual Studio, which I also have installed, does this mean it wants to use the Microsoft headers/libraries, or should I point it at my defualt GCC (mingw) files?
Back in the days when I used the Intel compiler suite it required the MS SDK (which is free) installed in parallel. I doubt that mixing Intel with GCC stuff will work (probably on Linux... who knows).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ