Author Topic: Compiling HEAD:wx2.6.1 from 1.0RC1-1  (Read 4239 times)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Compiling HEAD:wx2.6.1 from 1.0RC1-1
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:05:08 pm »
Greets all and apologies for making my first post a bug report. I'm going to be contributing code soon though, promise. :)

Basically the issue appears to be that the spec for .cbp files got changed, and codeblocks-wx2.6.1.cbp got saved under the new spec. Now all of a sudden 1.0RC1-1 won't open it, and it becomes hard for me to compile the HEAD. (In fact I still haven't figured out how...)

So is there an intermediate stage somewhere, that provides an older spec project file but supports loading the new spec? In fact, including a project file with the older spec until the next "stable" release would be cool. (I like to compile unstable code from stable platforms usually.)

If I've totally gotten this wrong, sorry and don't hesitate to slap me around.

Thanks,
Twilight Dragon

EDIT: Open mouth, insert foot...you'd think as long as I've been working with Linux I'd remember to read the BUILD file. And then I see another post mentioning that RC2 is expected in a few days. Get a clue! I think I'll go hide somewhere out of shame and mortification...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 07:13:12 pm by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Compiling HEAD:wx2.6.1 from 1.0RC1-1
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 07:53:44 pm »
In the meantime, you can replace CodeBlocks_project_file with Code::Blocks_project_file in the .cbp .