Author Topic: BUGS on CVS Build 2005-10-04 with wxWidgets 2.6.2  (Read 5620 times)

mantiz

BUGS on CVS Build 2005-10-04 with wxWidgets 2.6.2
« on: October 04, 2005, 03:06:34 pm »
First of all: Sorry for my bad english. :)

I think I found some errors on the new CVS-Version, here's the list:
- Older workspace/project-files couldn't be loaded
  I think that this is because in the old files there is "Code::Blocks_workspace_file" width "::" in it and in the new files there is "CodeBlocks_workspace_file" without "::"
- I wanted to switch the view in the project tree "categorize by filenames"
  in the right-click-popup-menu nothing happened, in the headmenu the view switched
  same in classbrowser with "flat" and "structured"

Then, I don't know if it is a bug or a feature in Code-Completetion. If I type a word and the list comes up and I continue writing a word that doesn't belong to the list the list becomes clear but it is still there. I think it would be better if the list closes in that situation.
Another thing in the codecompletetion is that it only shows the members of the specified class. No inherited Members are listed. Is it a bug, or will it come in a next version?

At last a feature request: Perhaps it is possible to parse the headers like <windows.h> for code-completetion? Or is it in another way possible to get the WinAPI-Functions for example in the list for Code-Completetion?

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: BUGS on CVS Build 2005-10-04 with wxWidgets 2.6.2
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:29:20 pm »
- Older workspace/project-files couldn't be loaded
  I think that this is because in the old files there is "Code::Blocks_workspace_file" width "::" in it and in the new files there is "CodeBlocks_workspace_file" without "::"
I can't confirm this, I have opend the original CodeBlocks file with the "::" and I compiled C::B today.

- I wanted to switch the view in the project tree "categorize by filenames"
  in the right-click-popup-menu nothing happened, in the headmenu the view switched
  same in classbrowser with "flat" and "structured"

correct, I can confirm this, didn't look to the solution yet...

the white box is anoying indeed, but that was already with 2.6.1.. the rest of you're message I didn't test
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

mantiz

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:33:29 pm »
oh sorry, I tested it again with the workspace/project-files. All OK. I tried to load a new project-file in the actual RC1-Release of Codeblocks. So it is clear that the older Version couldn't load the newer project files. My fault :(

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:12:43 pm »
Good! :-) That means the change Yiannis did due to my request did work! :lol:

Anyway this change was due to the "::" being illegal in XML specifications. Since we aim for Codeblocks to be used worldwide, we need to adhere to standards.