Author Topic: Unix/Linux makefiles should use wx-config - don't hard code the WX library name  (Read 10320 times)

stodge

The Unix/Linux makefile doesn't work properly in that it doesn't link correctly and fails to find the STC library (this is wxWidget s 2.6.x I think). The solution should be to use wx-config instead of hard coding the library into the makefile. To get the link to work I had to add the location of the STC library to the makefile by hand.

Offline Urxae

• Regular
The Unix/Linux makefile doesn't work properly in that it doesn't link correctly and fails to find the STC library (this is wxWidget s 2.6.x I think). The solution should be to use wx-config instead of hard coding the library into the makefile. To get the link to work I had to add the location of the STC library to the makefile by hand.

Not finding STC should no longer be a problem in the CVS version: STC is no longer used.

stodge

Cool! Does the CVS version run under Linux with wxWidgets 2.6.1? Or does it still not support that release? If it does run, I'll grab a CVS copy.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Cool! Does the CVS version run under Linux with wxWidgets 2.6.1? Or does it still not support that release? If it does run, I'll grab a CVS copy.
Unfortunately, the Linux version runs correctly with wx2.4.
With wx2.6, segfaults early in the process and no solution has been found yet...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

stodge

Bummer - that means I can't use codeblocks. :(

Is there a description of the problem anywhere?

grv575

trying to compile on linux (2.6).  needed to patch wxscintilla (attached) and add wxscintilla stuff to makefile (still not 100% working though - msvcworkspacebase.cpp not included or something).  Had to define -DGTK among other stuff (current Makefile.unix.wx26 attached).  Anyone else built this with wxscintilla on linux yet, or want to give it a try?
I'll try again later, but if s/o already has it working plz post/update needed changes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Hi, I've successfully compiled C::B on Linux, wx 2.6.1 - and it works :)

The only changes were in projct settings, nothing more ;)

I've attached makefile and .cbp (I've removed call to doxygen since I haven't got)

[attachment deleted by admin]

xjluo

Thanks to byo. It works on my Debian Sarge Linux with wxWidgets 2.6.1 ! :) I compile C::B and run it successfully.

BTW, byo, you forgot to replace you home path in the Makefile. So, it fails on the last step to generate CodeBlocks-unix-wx2.6.0. The generated codeblocks.exe works!

IMPORTANT: Download the CVS version at first!

I will try it later on my Mac.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 06:34:45 am by xjluo »

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Hi, I've successfully compiled C::B on Linux, wx 2.6.1 - and it works :)

The only changes were in projct settings, nothing more ;)

I've attached makefile and .cbp (I've removed call to doxygen since I haven't got)

byo, you 'll be entering the hall of fame  :lol:
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...