Author Topic: The 06 December 2007 build (4711) is out.  (Read 29237 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 06 December 2007 build (4711) is out.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 05:43:37 pm »

Problem 2
Another issue is when I open my project on Linux, I am faced with a "Compiler selection" dialog that says "The defined compiler for W32_Debug cannot be located (ID: msvc8). Please choose the compiler you want to use instead and click OK". Obviously this makes little sense. The compiler setting for that build target is correct, but the build target is not in use at all on Linux! Is there a way to switch off this message? It was not a problem with the older C::B and I don't think build 4711 on Windows complains in the same way for my UX_Debug build target. Any advice?

That's a bug, normally it should shut up about it, and during the build step tell that compiler is not available/installed and skip that target.

I have similar projects with every target being build with a different compiler (total of 8 different compilers).

I will investigate in future. Thing is this happens only on linux, on windows it's no problem (there when one of my compilers is missing it just skips that target).

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 08:45:09 pm »
That's a bug, normally it should shut up about it, and during the build step tell that compiler is not available/installed and skip that target.

I have similar projects with every target being build with a different compiler (total of 8 different compilers).

I will investigate in future. Thing is this happens only on linux, on windows it's no problem (there when one of my compilers is missing it just skips that target).

Thanks for looking into it :D . C::B is such a nice IDE, so if that linux compiler selection issue can be fixed it will be much easier to upgrade. I want to be able to use the same build for both Linux and Windows.

Btw. problem 1 was poorly described. The message appears when trying to start start the debugger. I do think there is a bug related to how the build target is selected. I suspect they have different event handlers.

Offline deadneurons

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 09:27:37 pm »
Hi,
I'm experiencing crashes when saving projects after deleting or renaming a target.

'just want to add my observation. :idea:

EDIT:  It appears that it only affect the saving if I'm using a custom makefile, no need to change or
rename the target since it's not use?
EDIT2: I posted too fast, it's the same problem as first stated. sorry.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:32:27 pm by deadneurons »

Offline wobien

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 12:49:16 am »
At last i found out what caused the crashes on close workspace i was still having.

(I have a workspace with 2 projects, a app project and a static library, and my problem was that when code completion is enabled, C::B crashes when i close the workspace)

I experimented with a new workspace, with 2 new projects.
In the projects i gradually added  the files of my old projects, until the new workspace crashed on close.
The file that caused the crash is a class definition file and the class in this file has the same name as a class in the library. The class in the library is in an other namespace, so this should be no problem.
It seems to be a problem for the code completion, causing the crashes.
I renamed the class in the app project, and the problems have gone!
wobien
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:02:29 am by wobien »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 01:05:44 am »
At last i found out what caused the crashes on close workspace i was still having.
I experimented with a new workspace, with 2 new projects.
In the projects i gradually added  the files of my old projects, until the new workspace crashed on close.
The file that caused the crash is a class definition file and the class in this file has the same name as a class in the library. The class in the library is in an other namespace, so this should be no problem.
It seems to be a problem for the code completion, causing the crashes.
I renamed the class in the app project, and the problems have gone!
wobien

I just posted another solution for this (or a similar) problem.
It's a bug int the "debuggergdb.cpp".
Look here

Offline AmR EiSa

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 01:07:03 am »
Where can I get wxGTK 2.8.7 for Fedora 8 and C::B build ?

Offline MP2E

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 06:42:44 am »
Hello, I'm new here. However, since I like this project, I've taken upon myself to compile the nightly builds and package them for Slackware. Here is this nightly build for Slackware(i386):
http://www.savefile.com/files/1251920
Here is my project page so you can see my future compiled nightlies:
http://savefile.com/projects/808576591

Since Slackware was developed closely to linux, it's almost a "Vanilla" port, meaning Code::Blocks compiled for Slackware will most likely run on other Distro's with no issues. If you're using a different distro, just know that Slackware packages are GZipped with an install directory added on. So installing is really simple, just UnTar it then delete the install directory.

Offline Rayman

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 04:50:21 pm »
For me, the 'Auto-hide message pane' function now works as expected! Thanks for fixing this.