Author Topic: The required files  (Read 4619 times)

Offline AntonioCS

• Single posting newcomer
The required files
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:21:50 pm »
Hey!

I placed the path to mingwm10.dll and wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll in the PATH variable but every time I try to start codeblocks it gives me an error saying that wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll is missing. The only way to do this is to copy mingwm10.dll and wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll but there is a problem with this as there are new builds every other day, so copying these dll's to the new build would be a bad thing :(

Anyone with any ideas?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The required files
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:08:03 pm »
Try to put them in the "system32"-subdirectory from your windows system folder. Normally "\windows" or "\winnt".

Offline AntonioCS

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:10:31 pm »
Thanks, that worked. But it's strange not working the way I had it because I did place the path to the dll's in the PATH variable :(

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:58:42 am »
Thanks, that worked. But it's strange not working the way I had it because I did place the path to the dll's in the PATH variable :(

The program(s), minGW GCC and Code::Blocks, might not like spaces or special characters in the path to the files. Normally, system32 subdirectory does not have either.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:42:56 am »

The program(s), minGW GCC and Code::Blocks, might not like spaces or special characters in the path to the files. Normally, system32 subdirectory does not have either.

Tim S
And the most user-dirs on Win contain spaces, because they are subdirectories of "Documents and Settings" or the libs are in the program subdir and on english systems it is called "Program Files".
So "system32" is a good choice in the most cases.