Author Topic: Project A and B dependency headache  (Read 3559 times)

grunerite

Project A and B dependency headache
« on: November 21, 2006, 04:23:00 am »
Hello fellow Code::Blockers,

XP SP2
svn build rev 3222, Nov. 15, wx2.6.3(Windows, unicode)

I have a workspace with ProjectA and ProjectB, both building static libs. ProjectB is set to be dependent on ProjectA through the project dependencies setting.

I make ProjectB the active project and hit build. It builds ProjectA, then ProjectB.  Perfect.

Then, without doing anything except breathing, I hit Build again.  It builds ProjectA, then says ProjectB is up-to-date.

This behavior does not sound correct to me. Does this happen to anyone else?

It seems to me it should not build ProjectA the 2nd time I hit build, as there is no need to build it. If this does not happen to anyone else, then I'll investigate what I'm doing wrong further, but I just can't find anything wrong with  what I'm doing right now.

Thanks,
grunerite

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Project A and B dependency headache
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:42:43 pm »
Make sure that your system clock is set correctly.

Then make sure that there is no source file that has a date/time set ahead of the clock. Either touch all files, or add a space at the end of each source file.

Build clean, then re-build to see what happens.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Project A and B dependency headache
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:12:07 pm »
Another possibility (happened to me once, too :oops:) is that you might create object files of the same name of both projects into one object directory, overwriting a previous one.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ