Author Topic: The 25 June 2006 build is out.  (Read 17022 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 25 June 2006 build is out.
« on: June 25, 2006, 06:28:15 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll (2.6.2) for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 25 June 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060625_rev2610_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060625_rev2610_Ubuntu6.06.deb (not this time)
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060625_rev2610_fc4+5.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• Patch #1151 : use <li> tag for recent file list
  • Patch #1143 : Add Search in Projecttree tip to tips.txt
  • Patch #1156 : In "select target" dialog, move OK button up in tab order hierarchy (Linux usability fix)
  • Searching : several fixes/changes (NOTE : analog changes for replacing will also be done)
       - search in selection (find next/previous) remain in the scope of that selection
       - fixed warning (gcc 4.x) : due to dead(unreachable) code (made that code back alive)
       - made some search functions private
  • fixed compiler detection on non english windows (in other languages "Program Files" could as well be "Programme" or "Programmi", derive it from the environment variable ProgramFiles)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

walker

Re: The 25 June 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:49:13 pm »
could you please remove the button after the search textbox in the symbol view.

the height of the search button is higher than the textbox and makes the search textbox higher than the view textbox. I tried to remove the button, and compiled CB, the alignment of the view and search textboxes looks nicer.

since, enter key starts the search, this button is of no use actually.

just my personal 2c.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 09:47:14 pm »
When I try to download a nightly build, I keep getting:

Too many clients from **.***.***.* (I removed the actual address)

What is causing this?

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:56:33 pm »
I still don't know what is causing the problem, but here is another link.
http://download2.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060625_rev2610_win32.7z

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline oz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 05:49:46 am »
when C::B is firstly running on a Win32 machine, there will be an error dialog box says failed to read a key from registration table regarding the Borland compiler. It is only happened on the last nightly build.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 09:24:35 am »
when C::B is firstly running on a Win32 machine, there will be an error dialog box says failed to read a key from registration table regarding the Borland compiler. It is only happened on the last nightly build.

I changed some stuff for compiler detection, but not for the Borland compiler. Will look into it today.

[EDIT] : I think the problem might have entered at the nightly of 20th june, then some BCC settings have changed.
So are you 100% sure it was NOT present in the nightly from 2 days ago ??

[EDIT2} : I am 100% sure it is because ot he change of the 20th, because at that time the registry check was added. Will fit it today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:42:43 am by killerbot »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 01:01:14 pm »
this problem is fixed (cause : the 20th june adaptation).
To prevent reg key pop up errors, like in this case, first check to see if the key exists, on then open it.

revision 2612

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 01:58:22 pm »
Hello,

I don't know if I am the only one to have this problem but since few build I have a noticed some slow down in C::B
The problem has appeared since The 14 June 2006 build.

It is easy to reproduce.
Open any project file.
Select a big piece of code (about 200 lines)
Then, Copy these lines (Ctrl+C)
On my computer (P4 2.8 Ghz and 2 Go RAM) C::B takes 100% CPU during 5 seconds to copy my piece of code.
Now paste it and try to undo your modification.
C::B take again 100% CPU.

I believe that that problem appear with the ByoGames plugin but I am not sure.

Somebody can confirm my problem?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 02:16:45 pm »

Could you disable byogames plugin (in Plugins->Manage Plugins menu) and see what will change ?
byoGames trigers one time event per second and it shouldn't take 100% CPU  :?

Offline oz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 02:28:57 pm »
this problem is fixed (cause : the 20th june adaptation).
To prevent reg key pop up errors, like in this case, first check to see if the key exists, on then open it.

revision 2612

I am late :?, but glad to hear that you already fixed it. I did not try the previous nightly builds on windows (for clear install), so I said *only*, really sorry for the inconvenience. I'll say more later :o
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:44:40 pm by oz »

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 03:12:31 pm »
Can I suggest something? Removing the byogames plugin from the final release... people would complain that we were too busy making gaming plugins while the real stuff was not worked on.

sethjackson

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 03:41:35 pm »
Can I suggest something? Removing the byogames plugin from the final release... people would complain that we were too busy making gaming plugins while the real stuff was not worked on.

I thought contrib plugins don't get added to the final release.....  :? Anyways I second Rick's idea. :)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:10 pm »

I guess all you volunteers getting paid to develop production code every moment, every day should worry about this. :-)

We users want you very concerned about what we're thinking about you.
You must conform to our opinions. Now!

So get back to work.... (old fogy retirees exempted)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 05:24:59 pm by Pecan »

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 05:56:25 pm »

Could you disable byogames plugin (in Plugins->Manage Plugins menu) and see what will change ?
byoGames trigers one time event per second and it shouldn't take 100% CPU  :?

I have done what you tell me and the "bug" still persist.
So, byogames plugin seems not to be the cause.

What I am sure is this problem has appeared since the 14 June 2006 build.
No problem before that date.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 05:57:52 pm »
Although I personally don't use the games plugin and I would never think about writing something like that (in my opinion, an IDE is a tool, not a toy), I don't see why it is a bad thing to have it distributed. Not few people enjoy this plugin, why not let them have it, there's no harm.

If nothing else, then the games plugin is an excellent tech-demo which shows that a cbEditor does not necessarily have to be a text editor (and not even an editor at all!).

Apart from that, it is quite cool to have something like this, even if it is not useful. Those who owned a Mac back in the early 1990s will surely remember the most important system extension that every power user had to have: blinking lights! The point is not that it is useful, the point is that you show off you can do it.

Also, looking at the differences between RC2 and the upcoming RC3, I guess that nobody will seriously suspect we have been taking a prolonged off-time. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Aszarsha

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 07:04:53 pm »
First, i'm sorry for my poor english, i do my best... :?

Then, hi everyone :)

I don't know if those bugs where in previous builds...
* While in fullscreen mode : the button "Close Fullscreen" on the bottom right dont appear, and you have to pass your mouse througt to let him appear.
* In Configure Editor->General Settings->fonts, if you chose a font > 16, it is take more place than it can be displayed, and if the fond overflow on "chose" button ( font > 26 ), the part of the button overflowed can't be selected...

I hope you could understand me. :)