Author Topic: Linux: SVN problem (with gentoo ebuild) [Solved]  (Read 3172 times)

Bluespear

Linux: SVN problem (with gentoo ebuild) [Solved]
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:41:38 am »
When trying to re-emerging it for a new nightly build, I got this since the 24th may:
Code
 * subversion update start -->
 *      repository: svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk
svn: La copie de travail 'src/sdk/propgrid/build' est verrouillée
svn : lancer 'svn cleanup' pour enlever les verrous (cf 'svn help cleanup')

!!! ERROR: dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r10 failed.
!!! Function subversion_svn_fetch, Line 175, Exitcode 1
The error in english is:
svn: The working copy 'src/sdk/propgrid/build' is locked
svn: launch 'svn cleanup' to remove lockers ('svn help cleanup' for help)

I already tried to do a svn cleanup, but it fix nothing. The directory is  set with the ebuild. So I removed all temp portage directories related to codeblocks, but the problem is still there.

Any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Solved, I missed to check the distfile directory where svn files are kept. I just removed codeblocks directories in svn-src :o
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:19:24 pm by Bluespear »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Linux: SVN problem (with gentoo ebuild) [Solved]
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 12:53:57 pm »
An easier way would have been to do what Subversion told you ;)

svn : lancer 'svn cleanup' pour enlever les verrous

This kind of error can happen if you check out while some other transaction on your machine is in progress (for example if you run update or checkout several times by accident, or if you start a transaction and abort it, e.g. you hit Ctrl-C, or the machine crashes, whatever).

It is no problem at all, don't worry. Subversion has to create lockfiles to ensure that it doesn't modify the same files in the same working copy concurrently, and this error just tells you that there are still lockfiles for some reason. Run svn cleanup, and all is fine.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."