Author Topic: wxWidgets 2.6.3 and C::B, menu problems and STILL the images-not-changing-state  (Read 14304 times)

sethjackson

@ Devs:We can cut support for 16x16 Icons. They are buggy and useless anyway...

Noooo..... Fixing the problem is a better solution......

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
I'll tell you right now that it doesn't help to do a full rebuild! Unfortunately, there is no clue to why this happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it...
It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the "16x16" folder of resources.zip (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that this image is still grayed correctly.
So, we can replace the icons images or find a better graying algorithm.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:26:52 pm by kkez »

PChris

I'll tell you right now that it doesn't help to do a full rebuild! Unfortunately, there is no clue to why this happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it...
It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the resources.zip inside the "16x16" folder (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that image is still grayed correctly.
You might be right, but we were talking about the issue described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3051.msg24216#msg24216
I don't think it has anything to do with the graying algorithm.

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the resources.zip inside the "16x16" folder (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that image is still grayed correctly.
You might be right, but we were talking about the issue described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3051.msg24216#msg24216
I don't think it has anything to do with the graying algorithm.
Well, you said "disable 16x16 images [cut]", but how are 16x16 images connected to the problem you said you were talking about? I'm talking about that too...

Anyway, talking about your problem: i can't reproduce it. Can you please post all the steps you did to reproduce it? I already have wx version 2.6.3, last nbuild
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:46:57 pm by kkez »

PChris

I did a clean build of wx 2.6.3 patch2 (which might be important), then I did a clean build of C::B (the latest svn).
Then I started C::B, set the icon size to 16x16, and I closed it.
I fired up C::B again, but before it finished loading, I immediately focused Firefox. After C::B fully loaded itself (in the background) I switched to C::B, and there was, what I saw.

PChris

Well, you said "disable 16x16 images [cut]", but how are 16x16 images connected to the problem you said you were talking about? I'm talking about that too...

Maybe I expressed myself in a bad way, sorry for it, my mother language is not english ;)