Author Topic: wxWidgets 2.6.3 and C::B, menu problems and STILL the images-not-changing-state  (Read 14301 times)

Offline Conan Kudo

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Enano CMS Project
On Code::Blocks (using wx 2.6.3pl2), the icons next to menu options are kinda pushed in further than they should be!
Example:

And some icons are still not changing state! The ones circled in red are the ones supposed to be greyed out!

I am using Code::Blocks 1.0rv2417 wx2.6.3pl2

PChris

Hmmm... it's a funny thing, if you use the big icons, they are working properly... Maybe there is a problem with the resources?
The menus are the same here...

Anyways, it is a confirmed bug (in every nightly ;) )

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
You are right! When switched to large toolbar icons, the problem isn't there!

Maybe C::B should be set to use large icons by default, until this is fixed...

PChris

Yeah, it would be an idea, I'm using the large buttons anyway...

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
Yeah, it would be an idea, I'm using the large buttons anyway...

I think the large buttons look better than the small ones as well... And many programs have large and small buttons, with large ones on by default!

PChris

Another reason, why the small buttons shouldn't be used:

wxWidgets 2.6.3p2
Windows XP

If you start C::B in the background, and you use FF in the meantime, and then switch back to C::B this comes out...

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
That has never happened to me using wx 2.6.3pl2... :shock:

PChris

I don't know why it is happening for me now...
1) It also happened before, but I didn't notice it, because I was using the large buttons
2) It is a new bug...

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
Yep, small toolbar icons should not be default for awhile, or even they could be disabled... If that was done, the only thing left is the alignment and width problem in menus on wx 2.6.3pl2...

PChris

Agreed

PS: I'll try a full rebuild, maybe it helps

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
I'll tell you right now that it doesn't help to do a full rebuild! Unfortunately, there is no clue to why this happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it...

PChris

I'll tell you right now that it doesn't help to do a full rebuild! Unfortunately, there is no clue to why this happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it...
Hmm.. you mean you also have the problem I posted above? (the screenshot?)

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
Yes... I had this problem when I used wx 2.6.2, but it disappeared when I used wx 2.6.3pl2... However, I just noticed it again...

PChris

Yes... I had this problem when I used wx 2.6.2, but it disappeared when I used wx 2.6.3pl2... However, I just noticed it again...
Well... then it is easy to draw a conclusion: We need to disable the small icons. ;)

PChris

That's perfectly true, a full rebuild from scratch did not help.
@ Devs:We can cut support for 16x16 Icons. They are buggy and useless anyway...

sethjackson

@ Devs:We can cut support for 16x16 Icons. They are buggy and useless anyway...

Noooo..... Fixing the problem is a better solution......

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the "16x16" folder of resources.zip (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that this image is still grayed correctly.
So, we can replace the icons images or find a better graying algorithm.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:26:52 pm by kkez »

PChris

It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the resources.zip inside the "16x16" folder (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that image is still grayed correctly.
You might be right, but we were talking about the issue described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3051.msg24216#msg24216
I don't think it has anything to do with the graying algorithm.

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
It's just a matter of images and how they are grayed... if you resize the 22x22 version of filesave.png to 16x16 and replace it inside the resources.zip inside the "16x16" folder (share/CodeBlocks), then restart C::B, you can see that image is still grayed correctly.
You might be right, but we were talking about the issue described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3051.msg24216#msg24216
I don't think it has anything to do with the graying algorithm.
Well, you said "disable 16x16 images [cut]", but how are 16x16 images connected to the problem you said you were talking about? I'm talking about that too...

Anyway, talking about your problem: i can't reproduce it. Can you please post all the steps you did to reproduce it? I already have wx version 2.6.3, last nbuild
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:46:57 pm by kkez »

PChris

I did a clean build of wx 2.6.3 patch2 (which might be important), then I did a clean build of C::B (the latest svn).
Then I started C::B, set the icon size to 16x16, and I closed it.
I fired up C::B again, but before it finished loading, I immediately focused Firefox. After C::B fully loaded itself (in the background) I switched to C::B, and there was, what I saw.

PChris

Well, you said "disable 16x16 images [cut]", but how are 16x16 images connected to the problem you said you were talking about? I'm talking about that too...

Maybe I expressed myself in a bad way, sorry for it, my mother language is not english ;)