Author Topic: Error after install  (Read 5153 times)

BeerSlinger

Error after install
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:40:39 am »
Hi,

I'm running W2k with Build Oct 24th 2005, 23:49:28 - wx2.6.1 (Windows, ANSI) and after install I get this error:

Code::Blocks v1.0 Error

Execution of command 'svn.exe ' failed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified)

Codeblock seems to work, but this error comes up with every time i start the program......any suggestions?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Error after install
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:52:27 am »
Yes, you installed RC2 with the SVN plugin, but you do not have SVN installed. Delete the plugin or install SVN (either will work fine).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

BeerSlinger

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 02:04:02 am »
Yes, you installed RC2 with the SVN plugin, but you do not have SVN installed. Delete the plugin or install SVN (either will work fine).

Ok......I just want to verify, just so things don't blow up.....

I accidently put in the GDB-5.2.1-1 because I didn't know what the heck I was doing and I didn't see the real compiler download because I thought it was just an advertisement or something.......Once I realized my oversight I installed it........so no, I have not installed the SVN plug in because this was stated:

DO NOT install the SVN plugin

so should I install it(once I find it) or not?......I was just trying to keep things from crashing and burning.......

Or should I just put up with the error until the SVN is fixed?........(what the heck does that stand for anyway?)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 02:07:23 am »
If you don't know what SVN stands for, chances are good that you don't need the plugin, you can just delete the plugin then ;)

But seriously, SVN (or Subversion) is a revision control system, something that allows you to move forward and backwards in time between several revisions of your files.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

BeerSlinger

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 02:51:22 am »
If you don't know what SVN stands for, chances are good that you don't need the plugin, you can just delete the plugin then ;)

But seriously, SVN (or Subversion) is a revision control system, something that allows you to move forward and backwards in time between several revisions of your files.

Crap.......I see the error........I was presuming that the SVN was something that you had to install separately, I didn't realize that it was already installed.....

Deleted the svn.dll and now everything works fine....

Sorry about the newbie question but this is the first time that I have even tried this software......still geting use to the difference from MSVC++

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 10:30:06 am »
Crap.......I see the error........I was presuming that the SVN was something that you had to install separately, I didn't realize that it was already installed....
The opposite is the case:
Either, you install both svn and the svn plugin, or you install none (well, you can of course always install svn as a standalone product).
The point is, the plugin works if svn is installed, but not if it is not installed. However, the application works without the plugin, too (just without its extra functionality).

isomz

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:16:17 pm »
I am having a similar problem.  I am using RC2 and I have installed the SVN plugin.  I also have Subversion installed on my system.  I still get an error when I launch CB.

I have double-checked to make sure that the path for SVN and Tortoise are included in my PATH environment variable.

I am very interested in getting the SVN plugin to work so that I can consider CB as a possible replacement for our current editor.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:16:11 pm by isomz »