Author Topic: Question about CodeBlocks supporting INT_MAX and 'auto' types  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Xanadu4Ever

• Single posting newcomer
  • "And the men who hold high places..."
I am an older coder and haven't touched C++ in years.  Now, I'm jumping back in and honing my skills.  I love the IDE so far.  I thought I would ask a question about functionality.  (Forgive me if this seems like a noob question dripping with ignorance)

I HOPE this is the place to ask this question and that the question gods don't freak out..... just let me know if this is inappropriate or needs to be in a different place and I will look elsewhere for help....

My question is this==> I noticed when I try to use INT_MAX that I get errors
that it is obviously not declared.  Is this defined in a 3rd party's plug-in and won't work until I install the appropriate plug in?  Or is this a namespace issue?

Also, the IDE doesn't recognize 'auto' types..... again is this a plug in issue or how I have the compiler set up??

Ideas?

Xanadu
Making a complete mess of things since 1975!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Question about CodeBlocks supporting INT_MAX and 'auto' types
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:33:55 am »
Enable c++11 or 14, include the proper file where int_max is defined, but first read the rules of the forum, because you're violating them. Reading the FAQ on the wiki is also a good idea.  ;D 8)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Xanadu4Ever

• Single posting newcomer
  • "And the men who hold high places..."
Re: Question about CodeBlocks supporting INT_MAX and 'auto' types
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:33 am »
Thanks Obfuscated.  I will read the rules for the forum again.  Thanks for the heads up.  I will go to the Wiki and look at the FAQ as you suggest and try to find info on c++11/ 14.

Much obliged and I will try not to violate the forum rules.

Xanadu
Making a complete mess of things since 1975!