Author Topic: wxWidgets Builds Latest 3.1.0 & MinGW32  (Read 4408 times)

Offline chrismac

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxWidgets Builds Latest 3.1.0 & MinGW32
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:34:35 am »
Thanks for the thought ollydbg, I've managed to compile wxWidgets v 3.1.0 using MinGW32 v 5.3.0 as suggested --
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 CXXFLAGS=-fno-keep-inline-dllexport
Now just to see if CB wxSmith will work with the libs .

FAQ tip/s:
I get errors like "wx/setup.h: No such file or directory"

You're missing an important compiler search path in your build options. Make sure you choose the correct wxWidgets build configuration when running the wxWidgets project wizard. If re-running the wizard isn't an option, then open your project's build options and add "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" (assuming a monolithic Unicode DLL build) or "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_lib\mswu" (assuming a multilib Unicode build)to the compiler search paths.

I found, that in order to be compatible with WxWidgets default setup, I had to install Wx into 2 places, one in the root of E:\wx, for later updates, and after compiling it as above, a copy into the project folder that I'm currently working on -- E:\Chris\Dev\Cpp\FactorsCpp\wx. I also had to copy the E:\wx\include\wx\msw & meta & generic headers into the root wx directory in order to comply with wx authors directory structure in the wx source (counter-intuitive but compiling is starting to work now - once i get my main application sorted out).

Having done the above, my main source code program is starting to get compiled, and I no longer have problems with wx, thus far  -- pending any library compilation linker issues.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: wxWidgets Builds Latest 3.1.0 & MinGW32
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:42:00 am »
This section is false and misleading. Edit: Removed a sentence that was NOT false.

If re-running the wizard isn't an option, then open your project's build options and add "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" (assuming a monolithic Unicode DLL build) or "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_lib\mswu" (assuming a multilib Unicode build)to the compiler search paths.

"$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" implies it is Unicode Shared/DLL wxWidgets build using makefile.gcc  method to build.
"$(#wx.lib)\gcc_lib\mswu" implies it is Unicode Static wxWidgets build using makefile.gcc method to build.
Neither one implies monolithic or multilib.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:53:22 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org