Author Topic: Plugin Features \ Bugs  (Read 8207 times)

Offline blader

• Single posting newcomer
Plugin Features \ Bugs
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:12:20 am »
I have recently fallen out of love with Visual Studio and have decided to switch to Code::Blocks as my main IDE.

In my few simple trials that I have done with it, these are some features \ bugs that I will be trying to work on for some plugins:

DoxyBlocks
  • It adds a newline after a comment block for classes or unrecognised functions?

http://imgur.com/onN9sah

Abbreviation
  • Needs proper support for moving through each aspect of the snippet
  • Needs more default snippets (main, lambdas and more) look at spf+vim13 for c++ snippets
  • Needs an update to the description
  • Maybe it should renamed to a more standard name (cbSnippets or something although there is already a code snippets so that's weird...)

Create New Class dialog
  • Add ability to put a class in a namespace
  • Predeclare options for specified member variables (Checkbox next to lstbox?)
  • Auto include things for known std libraries so if std::string is used include <string>
  • Add an option for choosing getters and setters to be implemented in cpp
  • Template support

Autocomplete
  • Add autocomplete for header files and std library includes

Additional things:

There definitely needs to be additional refactoring tools, such as extract to method\function, rename method\function and things like that, I see there is already some work there (symbol renaming) but there is a lot to go and I was wondering if there is any sort of roadmap for this project? Another thing that I think would be useful is for code::blocks to have a look at moving to the Dynamic Notebook functionality when the new AUI comes out (Hopefully soonish). This will give full theming capability (With default OSX, Windows and Gtk theme) and eventually will be able to pull out source code into their own window with another notebook (Visual Studio style).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:05:41 pm by blader »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Plugin Features \ Bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:16 am »
Another thing that I think would be useful is for code::blocks to have a look at moving to the Dynamic Notebook functionality when the new AUI comes out (Hopefully soonish).
As far as I know Jens is following the branch and is porting C::B to work with it, so don't worry about this:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline blader

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:42:48 am »
Another thing that I think would be useful is for code::blocks to have a look at moving to the Dynamic Notebook functionality when the new AUI comes out (Hopefully soonish).
As far as I know Jens is following the branch and is porting C::B to work with it, so don't worry about this:)

Yep, I am one of the guys working on it (nhold) and thought I might help out here. There shouldn't be too much to do though.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »
Ah, great. Then just build it and play with it to see if something is broken, then fix it and post a patch:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »
Ah, great. Then just build it and play with it to see if something is broken, then fix it and post a patch:)
It does not build out of the box.
The main cause is our auibook-class which derives from the wx auibook-class.
I fixed almost all issues, but it will need some ifdefs to build with actual wxWidgets also.
Main missing feature are the navigation-keys to cycle throght the tabs of a notebook.

I don't use the new dynamic auibook-features at the moment, just make it work as it is now.
If I find the time (and power), I will create a branch in my github-mirror of C::B.