Author Topic: Keep the projects open after exit  (Read 11937 times)

Offline vladtarniceru

• Single posting newcomer
Keep the projects open after exit
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »
Hello everyone.

Everytime I close codeblocks, after I open it again all the projects are closed, even if I save the "codeblocks perspective". Is it possible to keep the projects open? It is annoying to re-open 5 projects for 10 times in a day ...

PS: I'm using codeblocks 10.05, as I installed it with sudo apt-get install codeblocks in linux.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Keep the projects open after exit
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:44 pm »
In the projects-tree, righ-click on the root item (Workspace) and chose "Save Workspace as.." and save it wherever you want.
Inside the same context-menu you can also change the name of the workspace to give it a more meaningful name.

Offline vladtarniceru

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »
Thank you very much! :)

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »
In the projects-tree, righ-click on the root item (Workspace) and chose "Save Workspace as.." and save it wherever you want.
Inside the same context-menu you can also change the name of the workspace to give it a more meaningful name.

I never understood why you can save a workspace file this way with your own name, but you STILL have to rename the workspace name again (hopefully to the same name).

Ok, I know the technical reason. There is a workspace file name and there is a "title" attribute to the workspace-tag inside the file. In my opinion it is very confusing if they are not the same. I think the "title" attribute should be removed and the file name used always, or alternatively the default behaviour in C::B should be that when using "Save Workspace as..", both the workspace file name and workspace  "title" tag should be set to the same string at once.