Author Topic: Compiling and linking a Bullet physics library demo in Code::Blocks?  (Read 7337 times)

Offline mav

• Single posting newcomer
I'm using:
Code::Blocks 10.05
GNU GCC Compiler (MinGW)
Windows 7 (64bit)

I want to try out the BasicDemo of the Bullet physics library, using Code::Blocks. To my understanding, there are no library files in the Bullet distribution package. Only cpp-files and h-files. There are no detailed C::B instructions for Bullet available in the web, and I failed with all the undetailed instructions I could find.

So I decided to start from scratch, and created a new C::B project into the folder BasicDemo, and added the four source files to the project. I also added the following to the Project Build Options:

Compiler settings -> #defines:
_WINDOWS

Search directories:
..\OpenGL
..\..\src

When I try to build, I get dozens of "undefined reference to" errors. I suppose these are often related to linking a library, but in this case there are no lib-files or such to link to. Only source files. The first 10 errors are below. One could read from the first error, that there is a reference to btAlignedAllocInternal in the source file Win32BasicDemo.cpp, but actually there is not. Can someone help me out?

obj\Release\Win32BasicDemo.o:Win32BasicDemo.cpp|| undefined reference to `btAlignedAllocInternal(unsigned int, int)'|
obj\Release\Win32BasicDemo.o:Win32BasicDemo.cpp|| undefined reference to `DemoApplication::DemoApplication()'|
obj\Release\Win32BasicDemo.o:Win32BasicDemo.cpp|| undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN17btTypedConstraintD0Ev[btTypedConstraint::~btTypedConstraint()]+0xb)||undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0x5a)||undefined reference to `vtable for Win32DemoApplication'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0x70)||undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0x78)||undefined reference to `vtable for Win32DemoApplication'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0x84)||undefined reference to `DemoApplication::~DemoApplication()'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0xaf)||undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN9BasicDemoD1Ev[BasicDemo::~BasicDemo()]+0x67)||undefined reference to `DemoApplication::~DemoApplication()'|

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Compiling and linking a Bullet physics library demo in Code::Blocks?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »
Not a Code::Blocks problem; Off topic on this website.

I suggest turning on full compiler logging and linking to the needed libraries.
If problem still exists ask on a site that supports the Libraries or programing questions.

Log directions.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Name of likely libraries
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46856&start=50#p334038

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline mav

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:15:18 pm »
I'm not saying there's a problem in Code::Blocks. I was hoping another Code::Blocks user has tried Bullet, or if not, could still say something about compiling this type of a library. I believe the problem is about how to set up the compiler options correctly in Code::Blocks.

Based on what I read in Bullet forums, help may not be easy to get there, because they do not support Code::Blocks.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:58 pm »
I'm not saying there's a problem in Code::Blocks. I was hoping another Code::Blocks user has tried Bullet, or if not, could still say something about compiling this type of a library. I believe the problem is about how to set up the compiler options correctly in Code::Blocks.

Based on what I read in Bullet forums, help may not be easy to get there, because they do not support Code::Blocks.

Read the FAQs!!

They DO NOT need to support Code::Blocks to help you with the Compiler.
You do NEED to know the basic of using your compiler.
Find out what Compiler/Linker option you are missing!

If you can not figure out how to add the option in Code::Blocks ask here at Code::Blocks.

Asking us here to figure what option is needed is a waste of bandwidth and violates this site rules that you agreed to follow.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org