Author Topic: The 03 July 2012 build (8081) is out.  (Read 33379 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 03 July 2012 build (8081) is out.
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:13 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc452-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc452-TDM.7z

The 03 July 2012 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20120703_rev8081_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• support -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant compiler warning flag on the gnu compiler family
  • debugger plugin : added support for extended-remote for remote debugging
  • Tools Plus plugin : fix : when tools list is empty and tools get imported the first entry will no longer be EMPTIED
  • ToolsPlus plugin : support reuse of the tools page (window)
  • CC: fixed options not saved for symbol browser and some others
  • applied patch #3246: Added Java lexer
  • updated wxScintilla to 3.20
  • added batch (re)build_all files for command lie compilation of C::B under windows
  • applied patch #3295: Compiler: implement flag checks
  • applied patch #3279: Do not strip first blank when saving diff files
  • applied patch #3296: Tabs: tidy context menu (part 2)
  • added new manager method: IsAppStartedUp as listening for the related APP_STARTUP_DONE event makes no sense in case a plugin is re-activated but is used inn some places
    * (needs to be used in CC to fix a bug that when re-activating the CC plugin the parser does not start)
    * some clean-up in the code of the core Manager: remove methods appearing twice (isappShuttingDown and IsAppShuttingDown) in favour of CamelCase, to cleanup the API once and for all
    * adjusted all plugins under SVN - some are missing, like the FortranProject and TortoiseSVN plugin which hopefully will be adjusted by their maintainer
    * pumped SDK version therefore
  • added workspace file for Code::Blocks build_all script whcih contains C::B project (with core plugins) plus the contrib plugins workspace
  • CC: fixed bug when saving settings for header and source extensions

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    Re: The 03 July 2012 build (8081) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:14:24 pm »
    Nice job, how long did you build the whole C::B, in my system (laptop, XP), it takes more than 30min. Wxsmith related plugins have so long build time.....So, I mainly use the nightly build version unless I would like to debug C::B or develop some patches. :)
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »
    [...]
    it takes more than 30min
    [...]

What should I say, for the nightlies I build four debian versions on my server, six fedora versions on my laptop directly and four centos versions in virtual machines (because of compatibility reasons).
    The fedora and centos versions have to be uploaded to my server after creating the repodata (far more than 700 MB to upload).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
    « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »
    What should I say, for the nightlies I build four debian versions on my server, six fedora versions on my laptop directly and four centos versions in virtual machines (because of compatibility reasons).
    I believe building under Linux is normally much faster than Windows.
    Yesterday, I was learning wxsmith source, when I change the file
    Code
    trunk/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/properties/wxspropertygridmanager.h
    It will take more than 15 minutes to build the wxsmith plugin, so it's annoying. :)
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »
    I believe building under Linux is normally much faster than Windows.
    Each fedora-build takes about 30 minutes (it's the system I work on, so I need some resources for other stuff) and each centos-build takes about 90 to 120 minutes (limitation of virtualization).
    On my server I have two build running in parrallel and each takes about 60 to 80 minutes (about two and a half hour for all four builds on a VServer).

I really need a new laptop with more than 3.3 GB (16 is the minimum), but nobody wants to give me one for free  :'( .

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:37:49 pm »
    As usual:
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my debian-repo.
    Fedora packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems (fc15, fc16 and fc17) can be found in my rpm-repo . Fedora packages will be uploaded this evening. are out now!

Important note for debian (and ubuntu) users:
    I changed the layout of my debian-repo, to fix the issue described in this thread:
    http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16357.msg110806.html#msg110806

Please (re)read the instructions on my website, and fix your entries in /etc/apt/sources.list[.d] accordingly.
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:07:38 pm by jens »

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
    « Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »
    Nice job, how long did you build the whole C::B, in my system (laptop, XP), it takes more than 30min. Wxsmith related plugins have so long build time.....So, I mainly use the nightly build version unless I would like to debug C::B or develop some patches. :)

FWIW, in my system, building everything C::B, core plugins, contrib plugins, and extra plugins takes me well over 1 hour. Packaging the unofficial installer is pretty quick though.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:14 pm »
    Code
         Sat Apr  7 12:27:27 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 9 minutes and 1 second.

Tue May  8 00:21:25 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 8 minutes and 56 seconds.

Thu May 24 21:12:19 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 9 minutes and 42 seconds.

Tue May 29 23:59:06 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 9 minutes and 34 seconds.

Sat Jun  2 15:54:43 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 9 minutes and 39 seconds.

Fri Jun 15 22:05:37 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 9 minutes and 21 seconds.

Mon Jun 18 03:16:44 2012 >>> dev-util/codeblocks-9999-r20
           merge time: 10 minutes and 5 seconds.

This includes fetching the latest changes from svn, bootstrapping, configure --disable-pch, make -j5, make install, and another copy from the sandbox to the real filesystem.

So, if you're not running quad+ core machine and you value your time - think about an upgrade  ;D
    This is a q6600 @ 3.2ghz and it is quite old by now (3-4 years)
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline l_inc

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 12:54:12 am »
    Hi. I use CodeBlocks quite seldom, but some time ago I was forced to work on a project under Ubuntu (I'm not really good familiar with unix) and chose to use CodeBlocks. It worked more or less well with some HelloWorld-level applications, but I have a problem with that little (less than 100 of source files with about 100-200 lines each on average) but more serious project.

Every time a project file is opened or just a new tab with a file selected, that was not active since the beginning of the session, CodeBlocks freezes for up to ten minutes which is absolutely intolerable. As far as I remember, this was not the initial behaviour, when I just started to work on the project, but somehow (even not after a CodeBlocks update) CodeBlocks started to freeze about a month ago. As I said, the project is quite small, but it needs a (probably large) number of external include files which I additionally specified in C/C++ parser options.

I use CodeBlocks primarily for syntax highlighting and navigation within the project. I don't need it to be able to compile it. Should I uncheck something in the settings (Auto-refresh Todo list is unchecked) to make it work fluently?

Ubuntu version is 10.04.4 LTS. It is under a VMWare Player VM. CodeBlocks build is 8081 updated from http://apt.jenslody.de/stable repo. I don't know what else to say.
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:01:20 am by l_inc »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
    « Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:23 am »
    Every time a project file is opened or just a new tab with a file selected, that was not active since the beginning of the session, CodeBlocks freezes for up to ten minutes which is absolutely intolerable. As far as I remember, this was not the initial behaviour, when I just started to work on the project, but somehow (even not after a CodeBlocks update) CodeBlocks started to freeze about a month ago. As I said, the project is quite small, but it needs a (probably large) number of external include files which I additionally specified in C/C++ parser options.
    Can you try to disable the CodeCompletion plugin from: Menu->plugins->manage plugins. And see the freeze problem still exists.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 09:19:32 am »
    Nighly packages for RedHat/CentOS 5 and 6 are now available from my rpm-repo .
    You might need additional packages from other repos, see my site for details.

Offline l_inc

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:55 am »
    ollydbg
    Sorry. I forgot to say. No plugins are installed.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 11:03:11 am »
    ollydbg
    Sorry. I forgot to say. No plugins are installed.
    CodeCompletion is a core plugin and is installed by the codeblocks package, not by the codeblocks-contrib package.

You can disable it via "Plugins -> Manage plugins".

Offline l_inc

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 12:37:24 am »
    ollydbg
    jens
    Thank you, guys. This resolved the problem, but now I'm missing the functions "find declaration of..." and "find implementation of...".

Offline xawari

• programming, usability ctrl
      • welcome to reality
    « Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:30 am »
    jens
    I can provide an ubuntu 9.10 internet server for compiling if you promise to keep low traffic. ^_^

PS: please add the file browser bug to "persistent/annoying" list. It still ruins my life :(
    ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────╖
    in another thousand years we'll be machines or gods█
    ╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝