Author Topic: permisson error and homepage resetting  (Read 21929 times)

Offline epaul

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: permisson error and homepage resetting
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:26:43 am »
Well scratch that....

Seem that it doesnt work afterall.

The problem lies in that...after the .exe file is created...it vanishes soon after.

Seems bigger .exe files vanish slower than smaller ones...but eventually all the .exe files vanish (and right before they do is when I get the permissons error)

Offline epaul

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:19 am »
Ok so it seem that this is the root of the problem

When I copy over old working code to a new file and rename it it seems to work just fine...for a few min.

But eventually what happens is that that the .exe vanishes...and I mean it drops out COMPLETLY.

I search for it in my comp but its not there...but .cpp and .o files ARE there however...but every time I try to build it gives me the permissions error.

It is in the moments before the .exe file vanishes that when I run the program the blank command prompt shows up.

I think the root cause is w/e is making these .exe files vanish.

stefanos_

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:57 am »
epaul, your computer is seriously infected with a vicious virus and you need to do something about it.

For start,

• download the Revo Uninstaller (Portable edition) and check which programs you have installed that you don't recognize that look suspicious to you. Please use the advanced way and READ EACH LINE IT SAYS TO YOU! It's important to understand what you will be doing!
  • Clean temporary files, which under Windows 7 are spreaded in 2-3 different directories
  • Your technician most probably just deleted obvious files from desktop to make it look "clean", but still the virus is there damaging your computer.
  • The way I clean the PCs at work (more or less around 80 PCs) is to manually delete temporary files using a Linux LiveCD. That way I know that the virus will not prevent me from deleting it, because under a liveCD won't be able to a) get recognized as a Windows executable, and b) won't get activated at all as a running process.
  • With the same way you should check your USBs / external HDDs, because most probably the virus is there too, well hidden in either recycle bin's hidden folder, or in System Volume Information
  • An antivirus I use and I am very pleased up to now is Avira Antivir, and as I said in your case, what you should do is to download it (see links below) and run it upon boot.
  • In case your issues remain the same, then I would suggest you give a try to nightly builds which are very stable and we know that work just fine.

Useful Links

If you need anything, just ask.

Cheers

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 10:02:14 am »
I agree, your computer is obviously infected. (I think not only yours, in fact... )

I know a website (sadly, or not depending on point of vue, it is a french one, but it seem google translate is able to translate correctly - not perfectly - when going from french to english) where people wrote a procedure to clean computer, it was made for people with no or only a few technical knowledge, but when I discovered it I learn many interesting things (and discovered some useful softwares too).
Oh, and tools they use does not require payments for "home users". This is interesting for some people...
Here is the translated webpage:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fassiste.com.free.fr%2Fla_mini_manip.html

Last time I checked, (there are maybe 2 years, but it was updated since) that procedure helped some friends to clean their computers on themselves.
Hope it will be usable...

Offline epaul

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
Ok well I will look more into if my comp is infect (Also trying to set up a time where I can see my professor to see if he can figure this out as well). I dont see how that is possible though since the issues I am having occur only when I use code blocks. If I dont touch code blocks everything is fast and smooth. But as soon as I open it thats when stuff starts going wack, and even then only with code block .exe files, everything else is peachy king.

O well though, if nothing else works it wont hurt. Just hope I dont have to drop the class because of not getting it to work (a good 6 months of no issues then now this happens >.<)

Thanks all for your help.

Offline epaul

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 04:51:06 am »
Ok this is going to sound really stupid of me.

I found out why my .exe files are disappearing and why code blocks was acting off.

You guys were 1/2 right. My comp was infected....with my files :P

For some reason my AV (Bitdefender) was reading my .exe files as viruses and thus deleting them. And guess what My Laptop, my bros laptop, and our PC all have in common...the same AV (Bitdefender).

I thought I had checked the logs of my AV but I was going through them too fast (in frustration) that I must have missed them or not scrolled down enough to see.

So I went to my AV and excluded the folder I put all my code in.

Reinstalled Codeblocks

Now my .exe files dont vanish....because they dont exist heh. NOW every time I try to build a file it doesnt do anything. I click build but nothing happens. I clicked ctrl-f9 and nothing happens. I click build and run and it says:

"The file has not been built yet would you like to build it now?"

I click yes and nothing happens still.

The build log does not show anything. Just whitespace.

Here is the odd thing. When I close code blocks it gives me the option of saving my file. So I save it as a .cpp file (as if I was building it). I then go back and open this .cpp file to code block and click build and run.

Nothing happens again.

So it seems now when ever I click the build button it just doesnt work. I will continue to investigate but is there a know fix for something like this?

(Yes I triple checked and I DO have the mingw version so I should be able to compile. and GNU GCC Compiler is selected).

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »
Are you sure your AV did not remove mingw?
What happens if you try to compile from command line?

If nothing happens in command line in normal mode, try to boot it in "no fail" mode (not sure of the english sentence...) and try to compile from command line.
If it works, try with C::B.
If it works again, the problem is not related to C::B.

And if problem is not related to C::B, it might be your AV again, for example.
(I really hate antiviruses... they are mostly junk, and they gave me problems more often than viruses on my computers. In fact, I do not remember having infected by so many viruses when I were using windows... )

Offline epaul

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 02:39:45 am »
Are you sure your AV did not remove mingw?
What happens if you try to compile from command line?

If nothing happens in command line in normal mode, try to boot it in "no fail" mode (not sure of the english sentence...) and try to compile from command line.
If it works, try with C::B.
If it works again, the problem is not related to C::B.

And if problem is not related to C::B, it might be your AV again, for example.
(I really hate antiviruses... they are mostly junk, and they gave me problems more often than viruses on my computers. In fact, I do not remember having infected by so many viruses when I were using windows... )

Turns out the pathing was wrong.

I clicked the auto detect path and it found it again.

Everything is up and running now (has been fine for about a week so I didnt want to post until I was sure it was ok).

I will have to pay closer attention to my overactive AV now heh Thanks all.