Author Topic: MSP430 linux toolchain with C::B  (Read 26369 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: MSP430 linux toolchain with C::B
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 10:43:57 pm »
No, but you can load a file.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ywi

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 05:06:47 pm »
I found a solution using just the watch mechanism of C::B. Actually gdb will execute
Code: [Select]
output ...where "..." is the content of a line of the watch file. For example when variables toto, blabla, ole are watched, the content of the watch file is
toto
blabla
ole
Now, it is possible to add more arguments in the watch file, or read absolute addresses instead of symbols. For example output /x (my_type)*0x1234 will read at address 0x1234 and interpret it as a variable of type my_type in hexadecimal. Subsequently it is possible to read remote content by 1) defining a structure containing the remote registry (let say msp430_regs_t in my case) 2) adding in a default watch file
/x  (msp430_regs_t)*0xXXXXwhere 0xXXXX is the registry base. I checked that this is correctly interpreted by C::B.

Regards, Yordan

Offline ywi

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »
One (probably) last question : is it possible to automatically load a watch file at the beginning of a debug session (or project open) ?

tux-tor

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 12:33:18 pm »
Are you aware of the .gdbinit and .mspdebug files where some presets can be made? regards, Kees