Author Topic: Any plugin for help shortcut  (Read 13493 times)

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
Any plugin for help shortcut
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:20:25 am »
Hello World :)
This is my first thread here.
I am moving to code::blocks from turbo c++ and i am still learning c programming.
There is a feature in turbo c++ where suppose if i stop my cursor on (say) stdlib.h and press ctrl+f1 then a window pops up showing all functions defined in stdlib.h.
My question is that is there any similar feature in code::blocks.
Thank you !

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Any plugin for help shortcut
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:13:41 am »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline neo1691

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:46:15 am »
Have you tried the help plugin?
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Help_plugin

Thank you. That was exactly what i was looking for. I am sorry but i am going a little off topic here..
My college uses Turbo C compiler and i am supposed to give my practical examination on turbo C only.

So before installing C::B i installed Borland Compiler and then installed C::B so that it detected Borland compiler at startup.
So in compiler settings Borland is my default compiler.
But when i write a c program (viz:Matrix addition etc) i get many errors in code::blocks.
But when i run the same .c file in Turbo C it gets compiled easily without any errors.

I understand that i am making some mistake with setting up C::B with borland compiler.
Please help me as i unable to make it run.
I googled 20 hours on the same yesterday.

(PS: i am not using TC as it cannot be viewed in full screen in Vista 32 bit. I tried dosbox but the keyboard layout of dosbox is different. I also tried installing XP on virtual machine but dos programs on virtual machine run in low resolution (small screen).)

Again i am sorry if i have broken any forum rules, but please do help me. thank you!!

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:29:49 pm »
Does this help?
Also, did you select the compiler from the drop-down list?

Offline neo1691

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 06:41:21 pm »
Does this help?
Also, did you select the compiler from the drop-down list?
I had tried the link before that you gave me. The borland compiler isnt available on the official website.
Apart from that the compiler is already selected from the drop down list.
Here are the set of error that i get:

Code
Compiling: H:\Programming\Codeblocks tests\Matrix Operations\addition of matrices.c
h:\programming\codeblocks tests\matrix operations\addition of matrices.c:
Linking console executable: H:\Programming\Codeblocks tests\Matrix Operations\addition of matrices.exe
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_VCL_Init' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_MEM_UseBorMM' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_VCLLIB_Linkage' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__ExceptInit' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external 'GetModuleHandleA' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__startup' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__GetExceptDLLinfoInternal' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external 'HeapAlloc' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_SetValue' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_InitThread' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_Alloc' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_GetValue' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external 'GetProcessHeap' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external 'HeapFree' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_ExitThread' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '___CRTL_TLS_Free' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_scanf' referenced from H:\PROGRAMMING\CODEBLOCKS TESTS\MATRIX OPERATIONS\ADDITION OF MATRICES.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_printf' referenced from H:\PROGRAMMING\CODEBLOCKS TESTS\MATRIX OPERATIONS\ADDITION OF MATRICES.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_getch' referenced from H:\PROGRAMMING\CODEBLOCKS TESTS\MATRIX OPERATIONS\ADDITION OF MATRICES.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__matherr' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__matherrl' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__fmode' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__argv_expand_ptr' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__wargv_expand_ptr' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__handle_setargv' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__handle_exitargv' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__handle_wsetargv' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__handle_wexitargv' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__fileinfo' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__setargv__' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__setenvp__' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '__turboFloat' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Checking for existence: H:\Programming\Codeblocks tests\Matrix Operations\addition of matrices.exe
Executing: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/cb_console_runner.exe "H:\Programming\Codeblocks tests\Matrix Operations\addition of matrices.exe" (in H:\Programming\Codeblocks tests\Matrix Operations)
Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minutes, 8 seconds)

C;\BORLAND|BCC55 is the path where i have installed the borland 5.5 compiler.( I got this from google)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »
Could you look at your full compiler log?

But when i run the same .c file in Turbo C it gets compiled easily without any errors.
I am not very familiar with this compiler, so does that mean the program successfully compiles command line, or inside a different IDE?
  • If it is command line, could you post the command you type (and any output it generates) in addition to Code::Blocks' full log?

From within Code::Blocks, does compiling something such as a simple Hello world project succeed?

Edit: Do any of the functions you are using require linking to a library?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:29:43 pm by Alpha »

Offline neo1691

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:40 pm »

I am not very familiar with this compiler, so does that mean the program successfully compiles command line, or inside a different IDE?
  • If it is command line, could you post the command you type (and any output it generates) in addition to Code::Blocks' full log?

From within Code::Blocks, does compiling something such as a simple Hello world project succeed?

Edit: Do any of the functions you are using require linking to a library?

1.I enabled the full compiler log from settings. where can i see it?
2. It does not produce any output. just those messages i posted in the earlier post. The same result happens while typing a simple hello world program.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »
Fulllog is seen in the "Messages" pane -> http://www.codeblocks.org/images/stories/imagebrowser/scr1.png
In the build log tab.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline neo1691

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »
Fulllog is seen in the "Messages" pane -> http://www.codeblocks.org/images/stories/imagebrowser/scr1.png
In the build log tab.

In that case maybe post #4 contains all the messages that i get in build log pane

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »
No, it doesn't, there are no commands in the log.

Offline neo1691

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:31:56 pm »
No, it doesn't, there are no commands in the log.
Then i am unable to find them, can you please elaborate on where to find them?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »
Have you check if the toolchain executables listed in Code::Blocks all match the existing ones on your hard-drive?

Open Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Build options (tab) and check Save build log and Always output the full command line (see screenshot).  When you compile, Code::Blocks will generate an html log in the same directory as your project.
(If you followed this link, you would have found the same instructions.)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:43 pm »
Have you check if the toolchain executables listed in Code::Blocks all match the existing ones on your hard-drive?

Open Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Build options (tab) and check Save build log and Always output the full command line (see screenshot).  When you compile, Code::Blocks will generate an html log in the same directory as your project.
Creating a HTML-log is not necessary, and for a quick look while developping software it's more easy to do the changes as mentioned in the FAQ's, as you (Alpha) posted before:

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 01:31:07 am »
Creating a HTML-log is not necessary, and for a quick look while developping software it's more easy to do the changes as mentioned in the FAQ's, as you (Alpha) posted before...
Right.  (Sorry, I am so used to looking back at my build logs, it did not occur to me.)

Offline neo1691

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:30 pm »

Creating a HTML-log is not necessary, and for a quick look while developping software it's more easy to do the changes as mentioned in the FAQ's, as you (Alpha) posted before:

1.Yes all the tool chain executables match with the ones one hard disk

2.I did tried to read all the faqs and according to that i am supposed to install Borland compiler from the official site, which is unavailable.
I googled about the compiler and i found one thats what i am using!