Thanks for all of the discussion and feedback, much appreciated. Thanks, Morten, for the detailed response. I'll respond to that separately.
I have just uploaded V0.2.178. Changes since 172:
-Fixed: Prefs dlg order and improved the layout slightly.
-Added: Warning checkbox toggles other warnings which I forgot to add before.
-Updated: The entire project to run from \src\plugins\contrib\. Hopefully that will solve some problems.
Note in particular that last, which speaks to one of Morten's comments.
Now then, I spent, or rather lost, an entire day (more like 16 hrs than 8!) trying to get the thing to run under Ubuntu and have ended up very frustrated. Firstly, the SVN version I built just won't run. It just hangs without output, even on the command line. I then spent hoooooooooooooours chasing down the solution to this error:
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
I have tried every solution that I could find, every package, repository, custom build, you name it. Nothing works and it then took me more hours to recover to 8.02. The only good that came from it is that I seem to have acquired a later version of wxSmith in the process which now has the Extra Code field that was stopping me before.
OK, so now I can build DoxyBlocks but will it run? No way. Not for anything. More wasted hours. It seems, from a comment of Jens', that there is an inherent problem with third-party plug-ins that causes the correct paths to be lost during start-up and therefore the thing fails looking for plug-in zip files. To say that I'm not impressed is an understatement. :?
Result: I give up. I can build it and will post a version for others to try shortly but it seems that it won't run properly until such time as it's pre-built and supplied with C::B. That's just terrible. If anyone that knows more about this can help, that'd be great but it seems terminal thus far.
On to the good news. It installs and behaves as expected for me. There's a .cbplugin available now that was built from the C::B \src\ tree. I hope that that will remove some issues experienced by others. I have replaced the $(#CB) env. var., which I'm sure was provided by the project wizard, and used relative paths to be consistent with other plug-ins. It now only uses $(#WX), which should be standard with one exception. I have been unable to find any way to build wx with the "$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll$" style path. After much searching, the only method I could get to work was creating my own dirs within the wx tree for each build, so I have this style of thing:
so the one path that I think you'll have to change is this one:
to this, I think:
Again, if anyone would care to educate me on how to achieve the paths that C::B expects by default, that wold be good as I currently have to edit every instance which, you might say, is sub-optimal.
Here's a new snapshot:
and, finally, the docs are now online at:http://doxyblocks.sourceforge.net/