Author Topic: GCC 4.4.1-tdm-2 for MinGW (with installer)  (Read 53465 times)

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
Re: GCC 4.4.1-tdm-2 for MinGW (with installer)
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »
Nenin wrote,,
>Could you please read more carefully what I wrote?

Yes I did. Unfortunately (please don't get me wrong)  <***>
I got you right. Could you please read more carefully  my previous posts?

There are issues with complier flags, not with code. This code works fine on previous MinGW versions, bite to bite without any correlation with optimization flags (at least safe-optimization, I do not use dangerous). Errors does not occur on 4.4.* while real optimization flags used (see gcc 4.4.1 man). It occurs  when amalgamation optimization flags "-O1" ..."-O3" applied  It is problem with compiler or ...  little homework.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:18:16 pm by nenin »

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 10:17:12 pm »
Have you observed similar problems in the official MinGW release(s)?
So, bad news. I reproduced problem on official MinGW 4.4.0, on 4.4.0-tdm-1-dw2 and on 4.4.1-tdm-2-dw2.
It's very interesting what about Linux version of gcc...
I do not separate source of errors yet. And I can not port whole project to Lin for reasonable time (and I have not Lin32 boxes, though).

stefanos_

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »
TDragon, still I'm facing the same issue I have once reported to you.

The issue I'm facing is while running "mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1" command and waiting for it to finish, it leaves the linking process in the middle while displaying these lines and immediately stops:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: <unknown-file>:0: syntax error
Warning: .drectve `-export:T.848 ' unrecognized
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: <unknown-file>:0: syntax error
Warning: .drectve `-export:T.566 ' unrecognized

The weird part through this process is that "mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=debug UNICODE=1" compiles just fine!

Based on this link http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55801&start=0, this guy's issue looks similar to mine. I have tried to ignore my 2 errors as this guy was suggested by others and currently I cannot run Code::Blocks. I was able to compile my svn code with the half-linked wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll but now I get "The procedure entry point _ZTV17wxMemoryFSHandler could not be located in the dynamic link memory wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll."

My Operating System is Windows XP Pro SP3 and I have installed TDM's GCC / MinGW: 4.4.1-tdm-2, bundled version. The wxWidgets version I'm using is wxMSW-2.8.10.

Please advice.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:20:56 pm by stefanos_ »

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 06:14:08 am »
Its not a TDM-GCC only error. I compiled wxWidgets with GCC4.4.0 (the one that is officially released by the MinGW project) and the same error exists.
Note that the produced import library+DLL  are very much usable and I did not notice any errors while using them (for 6 months at least)

Eran

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 06:19:19 am »
@stefanos_:
I missed your other part of the post :)
I was able to compile my svn code with the half-linked wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll
Its fully linked, those errors can be ignored
"The procedure entry point _ZTV17"The procedure entry point _ZTV17wxMemoryFSHandler could not be located in the dynamic link memory wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll." could not be located in the dynamic link memory wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll."
Change your code to use wxMemoryFSHandlerBase and it will work (the class wxMemoryFSHandler inherits directly from wxMemoryFSHandlerBase and adds *nothing* to it)

You might also encounter the same issue with wxStringClientData

Eran

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 06:21:07 am »
Its not a TDM-GCC only error. I compiled wxWidgets with GCC4.4.0 (the one that is officially released by the MinGW project) and the same error exists.
Note that the produced import library+DLL  are very much usable and I did not notice any errors while using them (for 6 months at least)

Eran

I use tdm gcc for nearlly one year, and each time I build wxWdiget library, I have noticed this kind of warning. But these warning never hurt the usage of wxWidget library. :D

So, it seems the problem is in the wxWidgets source itself.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:14 am »
not quite its a bug with the ld in binutils-0.20 it seems upgrading to binutils-0.20.1 fixed it for me atleast.

tor lilquist noticed the same with his crosscompiler suite for suse.

stefanos_

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 12:34:45 pm »
@reckless: Even though I have followed your recommendation and have replaced binutils from MinGW's official website, the warning(s) / error(s) remain the same; BUT, I have also replaced mingw32-make as well some other tools and now Code::Blocks load just fine.

@erafin: It was unnecessary to do such thing because the problem probably was with mingw32-make.

The tools I have replaced are these:

TDM's GCC
========

binutils (2.19.1)                                 ------> Have been replaced with MinGW's binutils (2.20.1-2)
gdb (6.8.3)                                       ------> Has been replaced with MinGW's gdb (7.1-1)
mingw-runtime (3.16)                         ------> Has been replaced with mingwrt (dev / dll 3.18)
mingw32-make (3.81 - 20080326-3)     ------> Has been replaced with mingw32-make (3.81 - 20090914)

And w32api which was the same I have replaced it just for fun.

Now everything seems to work OK. If I have any other issues I will surely let you know.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »
glad it worked out  :) i allready had the other updated packages but recieved the same error untill i got latest ld,
 i guess some of it actually depended on it hence why i got the error untill i updated my binutils.