Author Topic: The 17 August 2009 build (5731) is out.  (Read 60350 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 17 August 2009 build (5731) is out.
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:51 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 17 August 2009 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20090817_rev5731_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• compiler: fixed crash with SDCC compiler, thanks stahta01
  • fix an issue in ThreadSearchView, slipped in with the encoding detection changes, that can lead to increasing textbuffers
  • added parameter to disable DebugLog output of encoding-detector, otherwise it can lead to a crash, if used from inside a thread (like ThreadSearch does); fix ThreadSearch accordingly
  • fixed certain bugs in compiler version detection (user defined compilers did not work at all)
  • make detection of latin-2 encoding optional, because it can break latin-1 detection due to their similarity; update mozilla-based encoding-detection, comment out some code not needed by C::B
  • wx-2.9 migration: Removed deprecated function calls from src/switcherdlg.cpp

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
    Re: The 17 August 2009 build (5731) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:20:37 am »
    another problem when creating a DLL...
    let's say I'm compiling a DLL called "Irrlicht.dll", now the lib file is named "libIrrlicht.dll.a"...
    but I don't want the ".dll" between "libIrrlicht" and ".a" !!!
    now I either need to rename the lib manually or change the project settings for all my projects... 

is there a way to disable the ".dll" for the lib name ???

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10912.msg75078.html#msg75078

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
      • My Best Post
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:05 am »
    let's say I'm compiling a DLL called "Irrlicht.dll", now the lib file is named "libIrrlicht.dll.a"...
    now I either need to rename the lib manually or change the project settings for all my projects...  

Please stop filling up the nightly build thread with this topic.
    Start a new thread and/or submit it as a bug.
    Submit patch if you have a fix.

Tim S.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:33:31 am by stahta01 »
    C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
    On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
    --
    When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:57 am »
    Just uploaded the debian packages (binaries and sources) to my server.

Offline Kalith

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:58:10 pm »
    There's something I don't understand. You write :
    wx-2.9 migration
    ... yet the wx dll you provided is still the 2.8 version (wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:53 pm »
    There's something I don't understand. You write :
    wx-2.9 migration
    ... yet the wx dll you provided is still the 2.8 version (wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll).

That means that to compile with wx2.9 the code needs several changes to compile cleanly.
    These are things that have to be done step by step and carefully.

Even if they do not change anything when compiled with wx2.8 they are listed in the changelog.
    wx2.9 is not actually used for the nightlies, but the code gets prepared for it.

Offline Kalith

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »
    Understood!

Offline ahui886

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:18:16 am »
    good  job,thanks

Offline Acki

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 04:08:27 pm »

yup, and also still the Ctrl-Tab / Ctrl-Shift-Tab problem presists !!!  :?
    I'll stick with rev5678 - the last rev where both worked right... ;)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:59 pm »
    yup, and also still the Ctrl-Tab / Ctrl-Shift-Tab problem presists !!!  :?
    I'll stick with rev5678 - the last rev where both worked right... ;)

You can change the keyboard-shortcut for the switcherdialog with the keybinder-plugin, and/or use "Ctrl+left/right arrow" instead.
    The problem, that Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+arrow does no longer wrap the selected tabs will remain.
    It's a wxAui-issue and can not be changed without patching wxAuiNotebook or deriving an own class from it.
    I did the second, and wrapping, stepping through tabs (even if they are reordered) and saving them in the reorderd sequence if project is closed works more or less.
    The problem with the patch is, that every place where wxAuiNotebook occurs has to be patched and that it might break again, with newer wxWidgets versions.

It was not so easy to make it work, because some of the wxAuiNotebook class-members (especially the control that contains the tabframes) are declared inside the cpp and not the header-file.

I can create and a patch if anyone is interested in testing and/or improving it.
    But be aware that it might never make it into trunk, even if I think we should do so.

Offline nix_BB

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 09:06:19 am »
    This Ctrl-Tab thing is a pain, but I'm experiencing another anomaly that no one else has mentioned yet, so I might be alone here.

A single Ctrl-Tab doesn't switch tabs it only shows the tab dialog. Once the dialog is displayed subsequent commands switches documents forward or backward.

The browse tracker plugin works nicely but it's not a solution to this problem. Ctrl-Tab is an expected navigation standard so this bug is easily noticed and creates the perception that C::B is broken (not wxAUI where the problem lies). Therefore I believe the patch jens is suggesting should be applied to the trunk, even if it's only applied to the main document notebook.

@jens I'll be happy to test your patch and help were I can, as long as I can work under your supervision and bug you for some guidance of course :P

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:03 am »
    A single Ctrl-Tab doesn't switch tabs it only shows the tab dialog. Once the dialog is displayed subsequent commands switches documents forward or backward.
    You can change the keyboard-shortcut for the switcherdialog with the keybinder-plugin, and/or use "Ctrl+left/right arrow" instead.

To make it clear, after changing (or removing) the keyboard-shortcut for the switcher-dialog (Switch Tabs in the View menu) you can use Ctrl-Tab in both directions, but without wrapping and without respecting the tab-order if changed with drag'n'drop.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 01:42:59 pm »
    I can create and a patch if anyone is interested in testing and/or improving it.
    But be aware that it might never make it into trunk, even if I think we should do so.
    I uploaded the patch to my server: http://apt.jenslody.de/patches/cbAuiBook_20090728-1.patch.
    It should apply clean to linux and windows.
    You should use a fresh svn source-tree, or clean the sources and delete the devel and output subdirs to make absolutely sure nothing old remains there.

wxAuiNotebook seems to be under heavy development (again) at the moment.
    So I think we (the devs) should discuss if such a change (that breaks the sdk-api, even if it's broken at all after change to wxAuiNotebook) can ever be applied to trunk.
    Because reverting (or even fixing) it if the behaviour in wxWidgets changes, will break api again.

But it seems that the wxWidgets api has changed, so that we need many fixes, before we can use a newer wxWidgets, and that changes will most likely break parts of the api, too.

Offline daniloz

• Regular
    « Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 09:35:52 am »
    Hi,

I have a problem with my custom toolchain with this nightly build.

I have wrote an interface in C# to run VisualDSP++ from C::B. This interface runs whatever has to be run to build the project and write the messages back to the console using "Console.Write()".

Then, in C::B, I've set  "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> Other settings(rightmost tab)" "Compiler logging" to "Full commandline", as usual. However, this time, I don't get anything in the "Build Log".

This was fully working with v8.02, though.

Any clue?
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:39:11 am by daniloz »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 09:52:25 am »
    How do you run your program ?
    As pre- or post-build step ?
    Are you sure it gets started and has output ?

I just tested it with a simple "Hello world"-program, that writes to the console (c++ not c#), and that works without problems.

Offline daniloz

• Regular
    « Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 10:58:16 am »
    Thank you for the quick reply jens.

Actually, I'm running my program as a makefile. I defined it as a makefile (in toolchain) for a new (custom) compiler in the "Compiler and Debugger" settings.

Then, in "build options", I just use "$make". And yes, it's running and it has output, but not showing in the "Build log" tab.

Btw, now I set it as a pre-build step (and took out the $make), and it's working perfect.

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 02:21:01 pm »
    Ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx2810) can be found  here (direct link).
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

stefanos_

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 08:45:50 am »
    Xaviou, wouldn't be nice if your version or any other GNU/Linux Distro edition could be displayed to killerbot's Build announcement listed in Linux section?

It would be really appreciated by people like me, because I mainly use Fedora and nowadays I [kind of] support SliTaz and I am willing to add to their tazpkg list Code::Blocks' nightly builds.

Don't you think that GNU/Linux deserves to be on the same announcement window rather than below to it? After all, we do the same things like dominating operating system named Windows!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:38:39 am »
    Xaviou, wouldn't be nice if your version or any other GNU/Linux Distro edition could be displayed to killerbot's Build announcement listed in Linux section?

It would be really appreciated by people like me, because I mainly use Fedora and nowadays I [kind of] support SliTaz and I am willing to add to their tazpkg list Code::Blocks' nightly builds.

Don't you think that GNU/Linux deserves to be on the same announcement window rather than below to it? After all, we do the same things like dominating operating system named Windows!
    absolutely yes.

stefanos_

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 12:32:28 am »
    KillerBot,

I have been following the svn updates on a weekly (not to mention daily) basis, and right now I have compiled the latest available svn version, named rev5754. Everything went OK. I used the default settings which Code::Blocks' Wiki pages shows.

After fooling around, I have decided to apply "self-host" method and everything again built OK. I ran ./update as well, compiled files have been generated in output directory. I haven't found though any other script that could copy the generated files from output directory to the installed directory, either that is a default prefix or custom.

Is it necessary every time I run "svn update" to bootstrap it and then make, make install it? All I need are the generated files to get upgraded to the latest compiled version and not to run the above commands which more or less is time consuming.

I would like your feedback please.

stefanos_
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:34:26 am by stefanos_ »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 12:54:57 am »
    You only need to run bootstrap if files belonging to the automake-system have changed (acinclude.m4, Makefile.am, configure.in). Compiling and installing the changed files should not take very long, if no essential (sdk-)files have changed, that are used by many others.

If you use ./configure [--parameters here]; make; make install, you do not need to run ./update.

If you want to compile C::B with itself you need the update-script. In this case you can start C::B with the run.sh-script that is generated in the output-directory.

stefanos_

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »
    Thanks jens, really appreciated. I will test it with the first chance. Cheers mate ;)

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
    « Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 04:25:00 am »
    SVN5754 problem: About AStyle
    This code:
    Code
    if (1) 2; 
    With AStyle formatting, will "if" and "(" remove the spaces between, and becomes:
    Code
    if(1) 2; 
    SVN5731 not have this problem.

stefanos_

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 08:38:22 pm »
    You didn't mentioned the name of file, header or source file? I have compiled it without any problem on my system.

I exclusively use Fedora 10, gcc version 4.3.2 20081105, wxWidgets 2.8.10 and didn't faced any issue up to now.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
      • My Best Post
    « Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 07:41:06 pm »
    Patch needed to compile trunk under Windows not using PCH.
    Second patch replaces tab with 4 spaces in addition.

Tim S.

Code
    Index: src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/token.cpp
    ===================================================================
    --- src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/token.cpp (revision 5810)
    +++ src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/token.cpp (working copy)
    @@ -9,6 +9,8 @@

#include <sdk.h>
     #include <globals.h>
    +#include <logmanager.h>
    +#include <manager.h>
     #include "token.h"
     #include <wx/intl.h>
     #include <wx/tokenzr.h>

Code
    Index: src/plugins/contrib/ThreadSearch/SearchInPanel.cpp
    --- src/plugins/contrib/ThreadSearch/SearchInPanel.cpp (revision 5810)
    +++ src/plugins/contrib/ThreadSearch/SearchInPanel.cpp (working copy)
    @@ -17,8 +17,12 @@

#include "sdk.h"
     #ifndef CB_PRECOMP
    - #include <wx/checkbox.h>
    - #include <wx/sizer.h>
    +    #include <wx/bmpbuttn.h>
    +    #include <wx/checkbox.h>
    +    #include <wx/imaglist.h>
    +    #include <wx/sizer.h>
    +
    +    #include <configmanager.h>
     #endif

#include "SearchInPanel.h"
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:51:53 pm by stahta01 »
    C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
    On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
    --
    When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
    « Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 11:33:00 am »
    This apply to svn 5811.
    The new Start Here page with trash can icons is nice. But for translating some items (in French for me), I think that some strings contains non useful things, for example formatting strings, and two strings are missing.

I propose the following patch :

Code
    Index: main.cpp
    --- main.cpp (révision 5811)
    +++ main.cpp (copie de travail)
    @@ -1932,7 +1932,9 @@
         wxString buf = event.GetString();
         wxString links;

-    links << _("<table>\n<tr><td colspan=\"2\"><b>Recent projects</b></td></tr>\n");
    +    links << _T("<table>\n<tr><td colspan=\"2\"><b>") ;
    + links << _("Recent projects") ;
    + links << _T("</b></td></tr>\n");
         if (m_pProjectsHistory->GetCount())
         {
             for (int i = 0; i < 9; ++i)
    @@ -1948,10 +1950,14 @@
                 links << _T("</td></tr>\n");
             }
         }
    -    else
    -        links << _T("<tr><td style=\"width:2em;\"></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No recent projects</td></tr>\n");
    -
    -    links << _("</table>\n<table>\n<tr><td colspan=\"2\"><b>Recent files</b></td></tr>\n");
    +    else {
    +        links << _T("<tr><td style=\"width:2em;\"></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;") ;
    + links << _("No recent projects") ;
    + links << _T("</td></tr>\n");
    + }
    +    links << _T("</table>\n<table>\n<tr><td colspan=\"2\"><b>") ;
    + links << _("Recent files") ;
    + links << _T("</b></td></tr>\n");
         if (m_pFilesHistory->GetCount())
         {
             for (int i = 0; i < 9; ++i)
    @@ -1967,12 +1973,14 @@
                 links << _T("</td></tr>\n");
             }
         }
    -    else
    -        links << _T("<tr><td style=\"width:2em;\"></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No recent files</td></tr>\n");
    +    else {
    +        links << _T("<tr><td style=\"width:2em;\"></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;") ;
    + links << _("No recent files") ;
    + links << _T("</td></tr>\n");
    + }
    +    links << _T("</table>\n");

-    links << _("</table>\n");

-
         // update page
         buf.Replace(_T("CB_VAR_RECENT_FILES_AND_PROJECTS"), links);
      buf.Replace(_T("CB_TXT_NEW_PROJECT"), _("Create a new project"));

gd_on
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:48:02 am by gd_on »
    Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 11:49:34 am »
    This apply to svn 5811.
    The new Start Here page with trash can icons is nice. But for translating some items (in French for me), I think that some strings contains non useful things, for example formatting strings, and two strings are missing.

I propose the following patch :

Slightly modified (coding-style), but committed as svn r5813.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
    « Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:41 pm »
    Thanks jens.
    I hope you caught the very last version of the patch, because I made a small error the first time I sent it (some {} missing!).

gd_on
    Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 12:13:10 pm »
    Thanks jens.
    I hope you caught the very last version of the patch, because I made a small error the first time I sent it (some {} missing!).

gd_on
    I applied it manually (you forgot the braces for the else-clause if I remember right).

Offline squalyl

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 10:44:36 am »
    I get a crash with the latest svn revision (5825)
    I have a console application project with RHEL 5 and wx 2.8.10

Right click on my project
    select build options...
    in left column, choose project (debug target is default selected)
    click the linker settings tab
    click add (a library)
    the input box is empty.
    choose "..."
    click the left icon in the file chooser to get the path input text field
    type a directory, e.g. /opt
    *crash*

I notice that before the crash, the path autocompletion does not work.
    If the completion works, c::b does not crash.
    This does not happen every time.

c::b crashes with the following messages:

(codeblocks:13648): Gtk-WARNING **: idle activate multiple times without clearing the folder object first.
    Gtk-ERROR **: file gtkfilechooserdefault.c: line 8174 (gtk_file_chooser_default_should_respond): assertion failed: (path != NULL)
    aborting...

Offline 80sky

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 05:39:55 am »
    Killer Bot:
                   May I have  a question!
                    I like C:B very much, she 's very nice and cool! now I'm meetting a problem: C:B don't surpport
    chinese language. I'm chinese. make software,I always use chinese,Can you help me?
    Can you tell me how to solve it? do it detail  , thanks! I'm newer.

follow you
                                                                               80sky
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:41:53 am by 80sky »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 06:59:06 am »
    Killer Bot:
                   May I have  a question!
                    I like C:B very much, she 's very nice and cool! now I'm meetting a problem: C:B don't surpport
    chinese language. I'm chinese. make software,I always use chinese,Can you help me?
    Can you tell me how to solve it? do it detail  , thanks! I'm newer.

follow you
                                                                               80sky

Hi, you can download the Chinese Language package for C::B from this website: http://www.d2school.com/

Also, there is another package from this post:
    http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10204.0.html
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline 80sky

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 01:13:08 pm »
       Thanks, the problem is disappear, acordding your suggestting!