Author Topic: Need Help, compiler doesnt work!  (Read 5337 times)

juano

Need Help, compiler doesnt work!
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:16:13 pm »
Hi everybody, my name is JUAN and i am a codeblocks user from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I've been having some trouble with the program and i need some help to reach a solution for this problem.(sorry for my english)

I've recently installed codeblocks on windows vista 64 bits and i generally work with C language. This are the steps i use to create my projects:

1)Create a new project
2)category: console application
3)select the language yo wat to use:  C
4)i put a name to my project, example: hello
5)compiler:GNU GCC Compiler (everything else is checked, im mean, the create debug and create release configuration are both checked)
6)i press finish
7)I build and run the default program, the one taht says "hello world", and nothing happens

Ok here comes the problem, my compiler doesnt work at all. On the "build log" tab i can read the following message:"hello - debug " uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping...

And under that message: nothing to be done

I need help, i usually use codeblocks on my other computer with windows xp service pack 3 and it works perfectly, i dont know what can be the problem here, if anybody can help me please!

mariocup

Re: Need Help, compiler doesnt work!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:36:51 pm »
Hi,

if CB tells you that you use an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!], this mean that you have to specify the correct path for the installed compiler. Choose the menu settings->compiler and debugger. Then select your compiler from the drop downlist and enter the correct path in the tab toolchain executables. If you use search directories you will have to adapt them too.

juano

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:53:42 am »
Thank you very much, I have my CB working now! hope someday i can help somebody having trouble!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:10:12 am »
Thank you very much, I have my CB working now! hope someday i can help somebody having trouble!
Next time please search the forums before you post. This question has been answered a million times. You are lucky, that somebody took the time to answer you again. Probably this won't happen in the future if you don't do a search before.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ