Author Topic: The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.  (Read 102439 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:34:01 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 13 April 2009 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20090413_rev5535_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• readded include-path for tinyxml for byogames and codesnippets on windows , otherwise build is broken with MinGW 3.4.5 shipped with 8.02 release
  • fix a bug in codecompletion, that leads to a crash in some cases
  • make the rebuild workspace-behaviour configurable: default is to clean the entire workspace, before building the projects/targets; alternatively the projects/targets will be cleaned and buildone by one; see Compiler settings -> Other settings
  • make dist fixes
  • added the option to determine the width of horizontal scrollbar automatically (see "Settings -> Editor -> Margin and caret"), needed to scroll in very long lines
  • added the possibility to specify the execution directory for custom makefiles, based on a patch of gryphon
  • Applied: Xaviou's patch for better translation of C::B
  • Modified: Code::Blocks configuration directory retrieval code to make it portable on Windows

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:23 pm »
    I just uploaded the debian binaries and sources to my server, or better I just added them to the archive, I uploaded them yesterday and so the revision is 5532.

The only missing commit is
    • Modified: Code::Blocks configuration directory retrieval code to make it portable on Windows

So the difference doesn't mtter on non windows systems (except for user who want to use the sources on windows).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:51:16 am »
    Thanks for all the devs' hard working.
    Download and test it! :D

By the way, to run CB in portable mode. Do I need to copy the "CbLauncher.exe" to the installed folder?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:28:47 am by ollydbg »
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:55:01 am »
    Hi!
    Maybe nobody read my message about using C::B with Qt (it was the last in "Re: The 28 March 2009 build (5489) is out, Reply #41")
    Please, say what you think about it.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 10:03:43 am »
    Hi!
    Maybe nobody read my message about using C::B with Qt (it was the last in "Re: The 28 March 2009 build (5489) is out, Reply #41")
    Please, say what you think about it.

It would be better to provide a link to your post, because finding it as Reply #41 is not really easy: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10311.msg71617.html#msg71617

I will answer there.

Offline incorrect user

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:00 am »
    So when you at least realize the "Export Makefile" feature? It'd be REALLY useful. Especially with automatic configure script generation.
    Take quality as a rule!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Biplab's Blog
    « Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:11:13 am »
    By the way, to run CB in portable mode. Do I need to copy the "CbLauncher.exe" to the installed folder?

Yes. Otherwise C::B will behave as installed app.
    Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline critic

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 11:52:25 am »
    OK! Criticism about using links was applyed.

How can I change default C::B behaviour of project building feature with C::B plugin to build Qt project without using custom makefile feature of c::B?
    Maybe some howto exists or someone can answer here (if it simple) or has any ideas?
    I'm in desperate situation!!!

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:21:02 pm »
    Ubuntu 7.04 to 8.10 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx289) can be found  here (direct link).
    « Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:18:44 pm by Xaviou »
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
      • LGP
    « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 11:13:06 pm »
    Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

kolku

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 04:27:32 pm »
    I use C::B with a "custom makefile".  Actually I use SCons rather than make, however in this version of C::B it seems to completely ignore the "Make" commands that I have specified.  In other words it always gives me grief about their not being a Makefile, or there is nothing to do in the Makefile.  I noticed there was some changes related to this area in this release, so I was wondering if something got broke somehow.  An easy way to test would be to simply setup a project as a custom makefile project and change your build lines to execute a helloworld script or something and see that output come out in the BuildLog tab.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:04 pm »
    I use C::B with a "custom makefile".  Actually I use SCons rather than make, however in this version of C::B it seems to completely ignore the "Make" commands that I have specified.  In other words it always gives me grief about their not being a Makefile, or there is nothing to do in the Makefile.  I noticed there was some changes related to this area in this release, so I was wondering if something got broke somehow.  An easy way to test would be to simply setup a project as a custom makefile project and change your build lines to execute a helloworld script or something and see that output come out in the BuildLog tab.

It still works for me.

One change that might have break your project, is that project-wide make command is only used if no target specific make commmand exists.
    I'm not sure if the change came with this or the previous nightly.
    You are now also able to specify the directory where the makefile is located (there is no need to have it in the projects base-path since the previous nightly).

Offline critic

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:03 am »

Offline wagb278

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 03:58:38 am »
    Not sure this is the correct place for this message - so move it if appropriate

Since updating to SVN 5534 none of my projects will open on Code::Blocks.  Was there a change that requires me to do something to the project files?

I get the SVN updates via Ubuntu package manager updates as third party updates which has always worked before. I notice the build number is one less than this message thread title. Does that have something to do with my issue?

The About dialog says I am running: svn build rev 5534 (2009-04-13 14:47:54) gcc 3.1.2 Linux/unicode

I get a dialog saying - "Can't open file. Do you want to remove if from the recent file list?"

I am running on Ubuntu 64-bit.  It is not a file permission access problem (they are under my home directory).

Offline dk

• Code::Blocks for ALT Linux Sisyphus
    « Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 09:00:01 am »
    Hello,

I've got a crash of Code::Blocks last nightly , when moving toolbars or other windows.

Example of the error:
    Code
    (codeblocks:10588): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_layout_set_preedit_string: assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
    The program 'codeblocks' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
      (Details: serial 50258 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0)

Code::Blocks svn 5535
    wxGTK 2.8.9
    ALT Linux Sisyphus distribution.

Updated:

Hm, I see the same problems with the older nightly builds, but the older nightly looks more stable.
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:08:36 am by dk »
    Denis Kirienko
    C::B maintainer for ALT Linux distribution (http://www.sisyphus.ru/srpm/codeblocks)