Author Topic: Code Blocks v10.05 is not building or running my program  (Read 54059 times)

Offline emark.mark20

• Single posting newcomer
Code Blocks v10.05 is not building or running my program
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:46:21 am »
Hi guys, im having trouble using my c++ program and i was wondering if anyone could help

you see, i just installed code block to my laptop and my pc. the problem is that after i typed in a program, i tried to build and run but nothing happens. no black window, no message on the build log, nothing.

Im not sure if i have installed it incorrectly, if something is wrong with the compiler, or if my computer systems is inadequate, my c++ class at colege showed us the program and it worked fine, i dont get why it wont build programs on my computer

any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code Blocks v10.05 is not building or running my program
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 02:58:37 am »
Without very many details (OS, compiler, etc.), it is difficult to say what the problem is; however, one of the following wiki-pages may have the section of setup you missed (it is most likely a setup problem, not a hardware issue).
* Installing Code::Blocks
* Installing a supported compiler
* Creating a new project

Offline emark.mark20

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:25 pm »
im using a windows 7 system.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:55:05 pm »
Did you use installer with MinGW bundled (codeblocks-10.05mingw-setup.exe)?

If not, did you install MinGW (or TDM-GCC) to the default path of C:\MinGW?
 * If you did not install it, Code::Blocks will not be able to do anything because it needs a compiler.
 * If it was not installed to C:\MinGW, Code::Blocks will need to be told where to find it.
    -Open Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Toolchain executables (tab) and select the location of the MinGW folder for the Compiler's installation directory box.