Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Nightly builds / Re: The 16 Januari 2022 build (12655) is out.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 02:28:50 pm »
@Xaviou
Can you add
Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

to src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?

That should clear most error messages?
I compiled this on linux and windows and did not get any error message...
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 02:08:40 pm »
Hi

I attached only the relevant part of the patch, the complete version changes m_Menu from private member to local variable and deletes it when not needed.

Thank you for testing.

BTW, there was an issue with some wxChoice not showing on toolbars on MAC (the target selection choice, for example). I made a commit fixing this on Ubuntu, can you check if it fixes the problem on MAC?

Can't build the last revision : rev 12660 broke the build process.
I've attached the output (and errors) to this post.

Regards
Xav'
O s**t... i will look into it...
Is this on OSX?

Can you test drag and drop for me if the build works? I have no mac to test this, and i have the worry that DnD does not work on wxCocca
Using Code::Blocks / Re: newbie starter questions
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 02:07:41 pm »
Codeblocks supports wxWidgets with wxSmith
So to start install wxWidgets and then create a wxWidgets project in codeblocks
Here is an example how to install wxWidgets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3xijpOeLm8

In the video the tutor uses a generic c++ project, i would use a wxWidgets project...
Here is a video how to use wxSmith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxG4nygQOM

Codeblocks is a generic IDE, so you can basically use any c++ GUI toolkit out there...
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Using CodeBlocks to debug itself.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 02:02:15 pm »
The most important thing to debug codeblocks with codeblocks is to add the -g in the global variable as AndrewCot pointed out,
then it should simply work by hitting the debug button for the src target

One thing is also to build wxWidgets with debug symbols, this helps a lot by finding problems.

Also look at the gdb version 8.x has some problems
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on January 21, 2022, 01:50:59 pm »
@andrewcot, thank you for pointing this out. This is one of the reasons I dislike multiple return points.
« Last post by Xaviou on January 21, 2022, 12:41:03 pm »
Hi

I attached only the relevant part of the patch, the complete version changes m_Menu from private member to local variable and deletes it when not needed.

Thank you for testing.

BTW, there was an issue with some wxChoice not showing on toolbars on MAC (the target selection choice, for example). I made a commit fixing this on Ubuntu, can you check if it fixes the problem on MAC?

Can't build the last revision : rev 12660 broke the build process.
I've attached the output (and errors) to this post.

Regards
Xav'
« Last post by AndrewCot on January 21, 2022, 12:35:13 pm »
@Miguel The SVN https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/12666/ changes do not "delete menu;" on any of the returns between the menu create and the delete you added. More changes are required.

@ALL
I suggest creating tickets and getting the patches reviewed before being applied so the changes can be tracked and reviews done to stop code going onto the trunk that has at least been code reviewed (or had a chance of being reviewed in that if it does not get reviewed with X days then it probably should be deemed to be okay. X IMHO X should be a between 2 and 4 inclusive, but varies around Chrissy and Easter as these are usually holiday periods in large parts of the world with the other holiday periods dependent on the country).
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on January 21, 2022, 10:12:48 am »

Thank you for testing.

« Last post by Xaviou on January 21, 2022, 07:29:55 am »
Hi
Can you check if this works?
Code
    for (wxMenuItemList::iterator it = m_List.begin(); it != m_List.end(); ++it)
        importSubMenu->Append(m_Menu->Remove(*it));
TIA
It does : Nice.
Don't forget to destroy the menu itself (m_Menu) because it is never done.

Thank you.

Regards
Xav'
Using Code::Blocks / newbie starter questions
« Last post by MrCrashTestDummy on January 21, 2022, 05:00:46 am »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to C++ and CodeBlocks, and I am wondering if anyone has some starter code for a basic GUI interface?

When I learned python, I got really interested in it because I accidentally found python's tkinter gui module, and it was easy to program.  Consequently, when it comes to C++, I know if I can find a good GUI module and some basic demo scripts with all the widgets to compile, learning C++ will go much more smoothly.   

It's just with python I lucked out when I took to tkinter.  I am not sure of what is best to study for C++.  Can anyone make some good recommendations.

Also, if it helps, long term I would like to try writing vst synthesizer plugins for fruity loops.  But right now I'm just looking for a beginning "hello world" kind of GUI script to compile and start tweaking.

Ty!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10