Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on January 15, 2022, 06:53:26 am »
I see your latest commit here in rev 27

* clangd_client - Code to remove invalid utf8 chars from clangd responses; cf., client.cpp/h DoValidateUTF8data()

I will test it, thanks!

EDIT updated:

The illegal utf8 problem still exits in rev 27.   :(

Can you give me some guidance as to how you created the problem. I can't make it happen here.

What source are you using that got a utf8 invalid char?

What symbol were you trying to code complete.

What indication are you getting that there was an invalid utf8 char. A wxMessageBox or an error shown in the cb debug log?

If a message was in the CB debug log, what did it say?

Did you use the repo source or the download file ?
In plugin management, what is the version you see for clangd_client?

I don't think the download files have been updated yet.

Thanks for testing.
@Xaviou
I have installed a new virtualbox guest LM 20.3 from the linuxmint-20.3-xfce-64bit.iso and have found the following after narrowing the C::B install problem that I have been having with this new LM 20.03 install as follows:

1) If I try to install the Xaviou's Debian bullseye nightly 20.03svn12639 release I cannot due to dependency issues. Attahed is the install log showing the dependency issues.
2) If I install the following two deb's before trying to install Xaviou's debian bullseye then the install works and I can start C::B (have not tested it as this has taken a while to get to this stage):
     http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wxwidgets3.0/libwxbase3.0-0v5_3.0.5.1+dfsg-2_amd64.deb
     http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/w/wxwidgets3.0/libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5_3.0.5.1+dfsg-2_amd64.deb

Sorry, but I have no idea what the real problem is as I am not a hard core Linux developer and do not have the skills to figure out what is going on.

I have attached is the script I used to install codeblocks (appended .txt to be able to add it). It does not install the debs above. For Linux I try to create install scripts so the base install can be re-created and this script is a snippet taken from a larger script that installs a number of utilities (Meld, Git, PeaZip & & &....).

Let me know if you want me to try anything or if you need more info.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by ollydbg on January 15, 2022, 04:08:33 am »
I see your latest commit here in rev 27

* clangd_client - Code to remove invalid utf8 chars from clangd responses; cf., client.cpp/h DoValidateUTF8data()

I will test it, thanks!

EDIT updated:

The illegal utf8 problem still exits in rev 27.   :(
Development / Re: event sequence question?
« Last post by ollydbg on January 15, 2022, 03:10:49 am »
I think it should be a core plugin.

But this plugin should be excluded from the normal C::B user.  It's mainly for developers.
« Last post by AndrewCot on January 14, 2022, 09:36:57 pm »
It would be very useful. IMHO Worst case add it as a contrib plugin, but I agree is would be better as a core plugin.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on January 14, 2022, 07:19:50 pm »
Should this plugin be added to the core plugins?. I think it can be very useful, not only for plugin developers but for core developers.

It might also be added to the plugins (not contrib), just like the headerguard-plugin for example, without being included in automake-system and contrib-plugins workspace.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Can't add X11 to search directory
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 14, 2022, 06:46:24 pm »
dl.flathub.org.
Is this a flatpak installation? So this could  be IS the reason... Flatpack and codeblocks do not like each other, because flatpack applications run in a sandbox and do not have access to system resources, where libraries and header are... This is the reason for your problems...

« Last post by AzureZero on January 14, 2022, 05:48:31 pm »
I've run those commands (sudo) when setting up codeblocks and even used Synaptic package manager to re-install them encase something was corrupted.

And I can't run CodeBlocks as sudo in the terminal
Code
ryos@ZorinVM:~$ sudo codeblocks
sudo: codeblocks: command not found

Seems I must have a different version of code-blocks installed.

I'll try using the one from the Zorin repo using
Code
sudo apt-get install codeblocks
and the console project works now.

So their is an Issue with one from the software centre, Version: 20.03, Updated: 2021-12-06,  sourced from dl.flathub.org.
While the apt-get one works.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on January 14, 2022, 04:56:07 pm »
Is there a way to get the IDE to run as Root, to test if it is a permission issue of some sort, or some other issue?

simply run codeblocks with "sudo codeblocks".

but then all created files will be owned by root.

Have you tried the commands i wrote? you can try them with root too.
« Last post by AzureZero on January 14, 2022, 04:51:44 pm »
I tested with a NEW console project (Hello world) on my ZorinOS 16 Core Virtual Machine

only adding /usr/include in the search directories for Code::Blocks

and it fails on X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h

it sees other directories in the X11, but not the Xmu directory.
As I decided to manually re-type the include statement and the auto-fill did not list X11/Xmu
as I did not find it between Xmd.h and Xos.h

Yeah, this is a rare head scratcher of a problem.

--

Is there a way to get the IDE to run as Root, to test if it is a permission issue of some sort, or some other issue?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]