Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / Re: gdb of better compiler not working
« Last post by mckl on Today at 12:05:49 am »
Yeah it is already in full
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on Yesterday at 11:16:15 pm »
hey @Pecan
sorry to bother you again but I have encounter an unusual behavior.
I was trying to use a large single file libraryhttps://github.com/mackron/miniaudio.
It has a single headerfile: miniaudio.h <--- 62k lines

when I try to open the header file or search for declaration through the main.c, whole code blocks freezes for solid 1-2 mins, weanwhile the mouse gradually becomes unresponsive until it's completely frozen and the screen turns black. Throws an error that Clangd_Cliet has stopped at the end.

I not sure if it's because my laptop isn't powerful enough. because the plugin usually worked smooth with other large libraries.

Apart from this single instance the plugin works fine and it has been very helpful.

I'll have a look at it.
Please attach your .cbp file for the project and your main.c  to a forum reply, so I can mirror what's happening.
Thanks for the report.

After testing and tracing clangd_client and the miniAudio source I believe it will not be possible to pass that 4meg miniAudio.h file to clangd.

I have a relatively fast system, but clangd never finished parsing the header file before it crashed attempting to create a response file which would have been many times the size of the source file (about 24meg or more) after it formatted a response containing line/posn/symbol/diagnostics/fix suggestions, etc.
If it didn't give out of memory, it sure would have caused Clangd_client to.

That header file will have to be broken up into multiple headers in order for clangd to handle it.
« Last post by Pecan on Yesterday at 06:21:12 pm »
hey @Pecan
I was trying to use a large single file libraryhttps://github.com/mackron/miniaudio.

when I try to open the header file or search for declaration through the main.c, whole code blocks freezes for solid 1-2 mins, weanwhile the mouse gradually becomes unresponsive until it's completely frozen and the screen turns black. Throws an error that Clangd_Cliet has stopped at the end.

I not sure if it's because my laptop isn't powerful enough. because the plugin usually worked smooth with other large libraries.

Apart from this single instance the plugin works fine and it has been very helpful.

I'll have a look at it.
Please attach your .cbp file for the project and your main.c  to a forum reply, so I can mirror what's happening.
Thanks for the report.

« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 03:33:59 pm »
Activate "Full debug log" in Settings->Debugger->Common and attach the log here.
« Last post by mckl on Yesterday at 02:28:25 pm »
Yeah I just installed Last nightly with dll flies and put them into folder and still the same issue.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 12:49:02 pm »
Recent GDB introduced some changes in the output so parsing failed. This was fixed in r13162 a year ago, try the last nightly.
« Last post by mckl on Yesterday at 11:20:26 am »
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 11:17:24 am »
Are you using a recent nightly or the 20.03 release?
Using Code::Blocks / gdb of better compiler not working
« Last post by mckl on Yesterday at 11:03:38 am »
Ok so i ve set up new mingw64 compiler 13.2 so c++ 20 is working. But debugger is not functioning completely. I ve tried to put older version 8.1 back so it fixed it. But how to adjust debugger for newer compiler. It does not read breakpoints at all and I am getting:

[debug]terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
[debug]  what():  terminate called recursively
[debug]Invalid argument
[debug]> set prompt >>>>>>cb_gdb:

Setting breakpoints
Debugger finished with status 1

« Last post by kakas on Yesterday at 08:17:02 am »
hey @Pecan

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10