Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Embedded development / error: -mmcu
« Last post by Nayani on June 12, 2024, 10:17:24 am »
Hello all,
I am trying to compile code for MSP430 but getting errors. I have a folder which contains the binaries for MSP430 (in folder c:\ti\msp430-gcc). I have added the path. In CB, under settings -> compiler (heading "global compiler settings"), under compiler flags, I set (ticked) some options (optimization not set to any, I guess this will be treated as -O0), specially under MSP430 MCU derivatives (-mmcu option to CC430 5125, my controller (MSP430F67791) is not listed). When I compile a simple 'C' code without any reference controller specific instructions (just a main and a forever loop), I am getting the error "missing argument to -mmcu=". I have also set this compiler as default compiler (though I use generic GCC for Windows). Here are my questions
1. How can I rectify this error?
2. Is there a way I can provide the specific controller part which is missing in the list? If not, what is the workaround?
3. Is there any clear/elaborate tutorial on setting up embedded MCU projects and building?

I await your guidance. Thank you for your time.

Help / Re: High CPU usage during build operation when verbose is enabled
« Last post by christo on June 12, 2024, 05:11:25 am »
Attaching perf output with and without ctre
Help / Re: High CPU usage during build operation when verbose is enabled
« Last post by christo on June 12, 2024, 05:10:26 am »
Integrated ctre which is mentioned in the links provided by @blauzahn and tested, performance is much better.
With ctre, we can't use xml for storing the regex, it should be added to the code. I've done the changes such that if there is any regex in the xml file, it would be used by old method, and if not matched, ctre match is used. This way,   regex can be tested using the xml, once finalized, add it to the code. Please note, this change requires c++20.
Attaching patch
Nightly builds / Re: The 28 January 2024 build (13434) is out.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on June 11, 2024, 05:30:33 pm »
This was fixed shortly after in r13438
Nightly builds / Re: The 28 January 2024 build (13434) is out.
« Last post by HuskyDucky on June 11, 2024, 04:54:52 pm »
Code::blocks build 13434 is included in the Discovery repository of Fedora 40.
I am using the Fedora 40 spin KDE.
Every time I try to close the Code::blocks with the project's workspace open it stucks.
This issue is fixed in the latest version?
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Code::Blocks don't finds my SDL2 libs
« Last post by sodev on June 10, 2024, 02:04:23 pm »
The value $(#sdl2) is a reference to a CodeBlocks Global Variable, it is intended to specify the installation location of the SDL2 library so that you don't have to mess up your compiler installation by copying the files into compiler system directories. You can define this variable with the Global Variable Editor.

General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: C++ Code::Blocks Linking Issues
« Last post by alonzomint on June 09, 2024, 05:34:10 pm »
Thanks for your answer. I got it ;D
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Strange crash
« Last post by nenin on June 09, 2024, 12:37:13 pm »
I will try other mingw-w64 versions; I've used winlibs' and nixman's build of version 13 before, they also  have the similar problems and, even other problems like -pipe errors. Maybe I should change the compiler's version.
I suggest to control Mingw-w64 version as well.  Mingw-w64 interact with OS, and may call inappropriate system functions. Typically gcc and Mingw-w64 are from the same generation, but at least at Winlibs sometimes older  Mingw-w64  may be coupled with more fresh gcc.
« Last post by Grit Clef on June 09, 2024, 11:07:19 am »
I will try other mingw-w64 versions; I've used winlibs' and nixman's build of version 13 before, they also  have the similar problems and, even other problems like -pipe errors. Maybe I should change the compiler's version.
« Last post by nenin on June 09, 2024, 10:33:21 am »
stahta01: GCC 13.2.0 from MSYS2,
I suggest to try i686 builds from WinLibs or niXman. Also you probably need to care about Mingw-w64 version. I have some fresh experience with WinXP, key issues was to find relatively fresh compiler with XP-compatible  Mingw-w64. The same story may be with Win7 32b. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10