Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this message is posted to the wrong forum, or if it has been asked before.

My searching of this site turned up nothing concerning Windows 11, console apps, and CodeBlocks 20.03

I'm doing tiny, little, console apps for an EDX course I want to complete. Like really, really small, nothing bigger than a couple of functions, no big numbers or huge files or anything big.

Code compiles with no complaints.

When I run the program the Windows console pops up but my program does not appear sometimes for seconds but increasingly its more like minutes. One app (about 16 calculations) tooks 3 seconds to run one time and 720 seconds to run the next time.

When I browse into the debug folder and try to run the app from there I get mostly similiar results. Or worse, Windows tells me it doesn't trust my program.

Obviously the solution to my problem would be a nice, neat, compact Linux Distro that is familliar with a newish notebook that has AMD chips. But its not my computer so I can't go changing things like that.

Any help, advice?

If I am being fantastically stupid, please let me know.

regards
Frank Scrooby
Hi All,
I am pretty new to CodeBlocks and Atmega 328P programming.
I have a simple code that blinks and LED and uses the default fuse settings for the 3 fuses in fuse.c. I would like to change the lfuse setting from 0x62 to 0xFF so I can use a crystal. How would I change ".low=LFUSE_DEFAULT" to use 0xFF? I have tried multiple things; .low=0xFF, etc. and I keep getting errors for the setting. I can change the lfuse setting in AVRDUDESS and AVRDude and the crystal setting works. I just cannot figure out the syntax for CodeBlocks.
By the way this is an awesome program for a non-programmer to learn on!
Thanks and regards.
mikejp56
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by kakas on April 10, 2024, 10:24:19 am »
SOLVEDDD

I had to set the default compiler to *No-compiler*
before enabling or disabling any plugin.

this time(having no-compiler as default) it didn't gave the error pop-up on the bottom right when enabling the Clangd_Client plugin, but said CB needs to restart for the plugin to function properly.

After setting up the clangd.exe path in the editor settings and restarting again, the plugin works. And it's awesome  ;D ;D ;D
« Last post by kakas on April 10, 2024, 09:40:46 am »
Your compiler is just fine where it is.
But for the time being lets use the one in the April 1 nightly so we both are in sync with each other.
You can change it later if you wish.

???
wait a minute. the zip file of the nightly build(from 1st April) that I downloaded didn't had any compiler in it, just a folder named "shared"
« Last post by kakas on April 10, 2024, 09:28:47 am »
ran the other command from the guide "pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-clang-tools-extra" which downloaded the executables to mingw64 folder instead of clang64.
sorry I got mixed up by the commands in the guide at first (attached screenshot of command prompt showing version details of clangd.exe and c++.exe)

Went through the enabling plugin procedure again to see if it fixed the issue. But no pogress.

Despite the "To run Clangd_Client, restart CodeBlocks after setting up a compiler...." error,
Code blocks seems to compile files just fine. Compiler installation directory(contains clangd.exe and clang.exe) C:\msys64\mingw64.
So I am not sure if the problem comes from CB not finding a default compiler.
« Last post by kakas on April 10, 2024, 08:11:43 am »
Important:
You have to use the clangd.exe under the mingw64 folder. Not the clang64 folder.
Using the wrong clangd.exe is what was causing all the diagnostic errors.

oh I think this is causing the problem. I have no clangd.exe or clang.exe in my mingw64 folder. It's only present in clang64 folder.
Is there another command that I should be running from the msys terminal to download the correct clangd.exe? because I remember running only a single command from the guide.
« Last post by Pecan on April 10, 2024, 07:26:23 am »
hmm. I haven't actually moved the compiler inside the code blocks folder(the one that I made for nightly build). will it have any effect?
(my compile is in, C:\msys64\mingw64\bin)

I Installed the April 1st build.
I disabled "Code_Completion" and than enabled "Clangd_Client".
closed Code Blocks. restarted it again.
open up plugin manager.
And see "Clangd_Client" is disabled.
Basically no difference

Your compiler is just fine where it is.
But for the time being lets use the one in the April 1 nightly so we both are in sync with each other.
You can change it later if you wish.

The Clangd_client is not enabling itself because CB did not find a default compiler. Go to mainMenu/Setting/Compiler/Toolchain executable and set the compiler location as show in the second image below but using your compiler location of course.

Restart CB and you'll see that Clangd_client is now enabled.

Go to mainMenu/Settings/Editor/Clangd_client/C/C++ parser (the second tab) and  put the location of your ...\msys64\mingw64\bin\clangd.exe into the "specify clangd executable to use" search slot. Click ok at bottom.
See the first image below.
Close and restart CB.

Important:
You have to use the clangd.exe under the mingw64 folder. Not the clang64 folder.
Using the wrong clangd.exe is what was causing all the diagnostic errors.

Now do us a favor. Open a cmd window and cd to the folder that contains your ...\msys64\mingw64\bin\clangd.exe and type: (without the quotes)
"clangd.exe --version" and tell us what it printed.
Also type: "c++.exe --version" and tell us what it printed.

Regards
« Last post by kakas on April 09, 2024, 09:14:46 pm »
hmm. I haven't actually moved the compiler inside the code blocks folder(the one that I made for nightly build). will it have any effect?
(my compile is in, C:\msys64\mingw64\bin)

I Installed the April 1st build.
I disabled "Code_Completion" and than enabled "Clangd_Client".
closed Code Blocks. restarted it again.
open up plugin manager.
And see "Clangd_Client" is disabled.
Basically no difference
« Last post by Pecan on April 09, 2024, 08:52:57 pm »
A few questions so I can get a picture of your system setup.
1) Are you actually compiling with Clang.exe or with mingw64 or mingw32.
2) Do you work in 32 bit C++ or 64bit C++ ?
3) After installing the nightly, click on mainmenu/plugins/manage plugins.
Is clangd_client listed. See image below.
Is codecompletion disabled? Is clangd_client enabled?

1) My default compiler is mingw64
2) 64bit C++ (I use 64 bit version of everything whenever possible, just cuz of the paranoia that things might not work)
3) Yes it's same as displayed in the image
(about the nightly build, I haven't tried April 1st built yet.)

Good , then we're both on the same page.
So now, remove the old December CodeBlocks and download the April one as noted in my last post.
We'll start from there to straighten thing out.

Oh, BTW be sure to close and restart CB after disabling CodeCompletion and re-enabling Clangd_client.
Else all sorts of weirdness happens.
« Last post by Pecan on April 09, 2024, 08:49:00 pm »
Something happened and I lost this post.
So I'm reposting.

Hello sir, I tried to install your plugin but the plugin gets disabling upon resart. I am following this https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/CB_Clangd_Client#Windows:_Compiler_Clangd.2FLLVM_Package_Installerguide.

I installed a nightly build of Code blocks, from 16th December 2023.
And downloaded,installed clang.exe with the following command: "pacman -S mingw-w64-clang-x86_64-clang-tools-extra".
And disabled the "code completion" plugin, then enabled "Clangd_Client".
Set my default compiler to clang.exe in code blocks compiler setting.

But after restarting code blocks, clangd_client remains disabled and there is no option of "clangd_client" on the left of editor settings.
I am not sure if following ONLY the "Configuring clangd_client" and "Windows: Compiler Clangd/LLVM Package Installer" section of the guide has led to this error or am I misinterpreting the instruction about setting a compiler before restarting.

I've moved this message here from personal msgs so that we all can proffer from the solution.
 @ kakas

I'd suggest that you uninstall (or remove) that old nightly 16 December 2023 and install this the April 1, 2024 version instead since it has many additions and fixes over last years version.
https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,25755.msg175319.html#msg175319

You don't actually "install" it. You just download and unzip the three zips into a newly made folders.
cbNightly   <-- new main nightly folder
  codeblocks <-- contains all the codeblocks zips except the compiler zip.
  mngw64    <-- contains the compiler contents

Start a command session click the windows key then type "cmd" and enter key.
From with the cmd window "cd cbNightly\codeblocks
Type: codeblocks.exe /d
Question: Does codeblocks show ok?
If so, Check that the compilers tool chain is set to the download mingw64 executables.
Click mainMenu/Settings/Compiler/Toolchain executables
See second image below.

Please excuse me if I insult your intelligents. I just want to get the basics out of the way so we have approximately the same setup to work with.

A few questions so I can get a picture of your system setup.
1) Are you actually compiling with Clang.exe or with mingw64 or mingw32.
2) Do you work in 32 bit C++ or 64bit C++ ?
3) After installing the nightly, click on mainmenu/plugins/manage plugins.
Is clangd_client listed. See image below.
Is codecompletion disabled? Is clangd_client enabled?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10