Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / Re: gdb of better compiler not working
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 03:33:59 pm »
Activate "Full debug log" in Settings->Debugger->Common and attach the log here.
« Last post by mckl on Today at 02:28:25 pm »
Yeah I just installed Last nightly with dll flies and put them into folder and still the same issue.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 12:49:02 pm »
Recent GDB introduced some changes in the output so parsing failed. This was fixed in r13162 a year ago, try the last nightly.
« Last post by mckl on Today at 11:20:26 am »
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 11:17:24 am »
Are you using a recent nightly or the 20.03 release?
Using Code::Blocks / gdb of better compiler not working
« Last post by mckl on Today at 11:03:38 am »
Ok so i ve set up new mingw64 compiler 13.2 so c++ 20 is working. But debugger is not functioning completely. I ve tried to put older version 8.1 back so it fixed it. But how to adjust debugger for newer compiler. It does not read breakpoints at all and I am getting:

[debug]terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
[debug]  what():  terminate called recursively
[debug]Invalid argument
[debug]> set prompt >>>>>>cb_gdb:

Setting breakpoints
Debugger finished with status 1

Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by kakas on Today at 08:17:02 am »
hey @Pecan
sorry to bother you again but I have encounter an unusual behavior.
I was trying to use a large single file libraryhttps://github.com/mackron/miniaudio.
It has a single headerfile: miniaudio.h <--- 62k lines

when I try to open the header file or search for declaration through the main.c, whole code blocks freezes for solid 1-2 mins, weanwhile the mouse gradually becomes unresponsive until it's completely frozen and the screen turns black. Throws an error that Clangd_Cliet has stopped at the end.

I not sure if it's because my laptop isn't powerful enough. because the plugin usually worked smooth with other large libraries.

Apart from this single instance the plugin works fine and it has been very helpful.
Hi.
Alternatively, you can manually copy libstdc++-6.dll, libgcc_s_seh-1.dll and libwinpthread-1.dll to your application's directory.
I located these 3 files in the MinGW compiler set and added them alongside the WX dll(s) in the application's directory.  This works fine (giving standalone operation), thank you.

As for the former approach of using envvars, I have already a DevC++ ide utilising the envvars.  So I am trusting that CB (and WX widgets) is atleast self containing in its operation ( after installation ).

With respect to understanding the operation of these libraries, I am correct with saying they are dynamic (due to the need to be available) as opposed to static (where I expect the library to be read and embedded in the application).

Regards JC.......

« Last post by Pecan on Today at 01:18:54 am »

It is only active when an editor has been activated. It shows the classes and the functions that the editors cursor is positioned within. I.e., the cursor must have clicked in an
editor at least once (activate) to fill in the choice boxes.

What's happening in your video is that you never activated the editor by clicking into it. So the choice boxes were never populated.

Thank you for your answer but....

...it seems that the issue is still the same even if I'm clicking the editor.

Hereafter another video in which it should be very clear that I'm activating (clicking) the editor but the "left choice" still disapperar.

If I'm so quick (very quick) to select something in the "right choice" before the "left choice" is blanked .... then the "left choice" is no longer disappearing. But it's difficult...I need to be very quick. Basically I need to wait for the parsing completion before using the plugin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntVkrxRg9YccNJBByNuHaBKE-SgX3Xwn/view?usp=sharing

I just watched the video again.
I see that you're not clicking either inside a class or a function.
Do this, after the clicked file has parsed, click inside a function, not at the top of an editor file.
Tell me if you still get the bug.

If you get the bug, send me the Code::Blocks Debug log as specified in the previous messgage.

Thanks
« Last post by Pecan on Today at 01:03:08 am »

It is only active when an editor has been activated. It shows the classes and the functions that the editors cursor is positioned within. I.e., the cursor must have clicked in an
editor at least once (activate) to fill in the choice boxes.

What's happening in your video is that you never activated the editor by clicking into it. So the choice boxes were never populated.

Thank you for your answer but....

...it seems that the issue is still the same even if I'm clicking the editor.

Hereafter another video in which it should be very clear that I'm activating (clicking) the editor but the "left choice" still disapperar.

If I'm so quick (very quick) to select something in the "right choice" before the "left choice" is blanked .... then the "left choice" is no longer disappearing. But it's difficult...I need to be very quick. Basically I need to wait for the parsing completion before using the plugin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntVkrxRg9YccNJBByNuHaBKE-SgX3Xwn/view?usp=sharing

I cannot reproduce this. So would you start CB with the -d or /d parameter so that the Code::Blocks Debug log is produced.

Before you load your project be sure that the "CodeBlocks Debut" log tab is focused.

Do as you have done to cause the bug, then right-click the Code::Blocks Debug tab and choose copy "contents to clipboard", Paste it into a message here between code tags (the # icon above a forum reply box).

Thanks for your patience with this.
It's really peculiar.

BTW: after the new file is parsed and clicked into, can you even perform a Mainmenu/Search/goto function, (Ctrl-Shift-G for me.)
It tells me if if the bug is in the plugin interface to the editor code or the toobar code.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10