Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Help / Re: Cannot Build wxWidgets Libraries Anymore With GCC
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 04:33:33 am »
My guess is your PATH is polluted. You may have to clean your PATH first. Maybe, you have to reinstall a new GCC compiler suite.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 04:07:54 am »
My thought, which may be wrong or off topic or just plain not feasible/workable follows:

Instead of getting the users to build a monolithic wxWidgets on Windows would it not be easier to use the MSYS2 wxWidgets 3.2.0 package? This would then mean that the C::B project files would use the wx-config and therefore the resulting files would be very similar on Windows & Linux & Mac. It wouild also hopefully make it less confusing for the newbies as Linux and MAC use the wxWidgets packages instead of having to build wxWidgets. The resulting project file(s) should in theory be easy to make cross platform once you get it working on one OS.
You can have one project file work on Linux and MAC if you use a global variable to configure the call to wx-config as it is different for them, but the way wx-config works is the same for what I have done so far (I have a common set of project files that build C::B on Linux and MAC by changing a global variable.)

I agree with you. Using the prebuild wxWidgets library supplied by MSYS2 is better than selfbuild wx library.

But how can we use wx-config under Windows(MSYS2)?

You mean under C::B, we have to use the sh.exe to call the wx-config script under msys2?
Or, we can use "wx-config-msys2.exe" which is designed by eranif, this executable can directly be called without the sh.exe.

Which method do you suggest?

I don't know how easy to create such sample cbp files for each wx samples.
« Last post by Frank_CB on September 15, 2022, 01:46:25 am »
@ollydbg: Thanks for your comment.

It appears that either mingw32-make.exe or makefile.gcc is exiting prematurely without any error message.

I've used the following command:  mingw32-make.exe -f makefile.gcc CFG=64 BUILD=Release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 >out10 2>err10 at a command prompt for awhile (years) without any problems.

Now I would end-up with approximately 15 subroutines and wxmsw32u_gcc_custom.dll.rsp in the gcc_dll64 library. This last file is usually a dll of approx.27,000+Kb is size, but now is only 25+Kb. There also is usually a second dll file.

Regards
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by AndrewCot on September 15, 2022, 01:38:04 am »
My thought, which may be wrong or off topic or just plain not feasible/workable follows:

Instead of getting the users to build a monolithic wxWidgets on Windows would it not be easier to use the MSYS2 wxWidgets 3.2.0 package? This would then mean that the C::B project files would use the wx-config and therefore the resulting files would be very similar on Windows & Linux & Mac. It wouild also hopefully make it less confusing for the newbies as Linux and MAC use the wxWidgets packages instead of having to build wxWidgets. The resulting project file(s) should in theory be easy to make cross platform once you get it working on one OS.
You can have one project file work on Linux and MAC if you use a global variable to configure the call to wx-config as it is different for them, but the way wx-config works is the same for what I have done so far (I have a common set of project files that build C::B on Linux and MAC by changing a global variable.)
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 12:23:48 am »
Now, I am unable to build any GNU/GCC libraries on a 64-bit Windows 10 platform.

I don't know what are the steps you tried, and please show more details.
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 12:21:29 am »
I think creating makefile based cbp is simple. but there is one drawback when using makefile based cbps.  :(

That is: code completion plugin/clangd_client plugin doesn't know the include search paths, so no code navigation/code completion.

Help / [Resolved] Cannot Build wxWidgets Libraries Anymore With GCC
« Last post by Frank_CB on September 14, 2022, 10:00:17 pm »
A couple weeks ago, I realized that all my wxWidgets libraries for GNU/GCC up to that point were 64-bit I believe that was causing any attempts to build 32-bit C::Bs to be failures.

Now, I am unable to build any GNU/GCC libraries on a 64-bit Windows 10 platform. I get RSP files rather than DLL files. This happens for wxWidgets-3.2.1 also. Any ideas why?

Regards  :)
« Last post by ollydbg on September 14, 2022, 03:19:03 pm »
Hi, thanks for the time and help.

I would like to find a simple way, here is my try steps:

I try to create a cbp file which use the makefile.gcc under the sample/minimal folder.

I add the line

Code
makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb

Because I built wx library with the command:

Code
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb

Now, I have a "all" build target of the cbp file.

When I click the "build" button, I got this:

Code
-------------- Build: all in minimal (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

[100.0%] Checking if target is up-to-date: mingw32-make.exe -q -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb all
Running command: mingw32-make.exe -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb all
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, F:/msys2/mingw64/bin/ -c "if not exist gcc_mswudll mkdir gcc_mswudll", ...) failed.
make (e=5): 拒绝访问。
mingw32-make: [makefile.gcc:206: gcc_mswudll] Error 5 (ignored)
if not exist gcc_mswudll mkdir gcc_mswudll
windres -i../../samples/sample.rc -ogcc_mswudll\minimal_sample_rc.o    --define __WXMSW__   --define NDEBUG    --define _UNICODE --include-dir .\..\..\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-dir ./../../include  --include-dir . --define WXUSINGDLL --define wxUSE_DPI_AWARE_MANIFEST=2 --include-dir ./../../samples --define NOPCH
windres: gcc_mswudll\minimal_sample_rc.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [makefile.gcc:224: gcc_mswudll\minimal_sample_rc.o] Error 1
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
3 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

The Chinese text means "access deny".

When I look at the makefile.gcc, I see this line:

Code
$(OBJS):
   -if not exist $(OBJS) mkdir $(OBJS)

This means the makefile does not work correctly under C::B, while I see it works correctly under Windows cmd.
Here is the log under Windows CMD
Code
F:\code\wxWidgets-3.2.1\samples\minimal>mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 VENDOR=cb all
if not exist gcc_mswudll mkdir gcc_mswudll
windres -i../../samples/sample.rc -ogcc_mswudll\minimal_sample_rc.o    --define __WXMSW__   --define NDEBUG    --define _UNICODE --include-dir .\..\..\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-di
r ./../../include  --include-dir . --define WXUSINGDLL --define wxUSE_DPI_AWARE_MANIFEST=2 --include-dir ./../../samples --define NOPCH
g++ -c -o gcc_mswudll\minimal_minimal.o  -O2 -mthreads -D__WXMSW__   -DNDEBUG    -D_UNICODE -I.\..\..\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -I.\..\..\include  -W -Wall -I. -DWXUSINGDLL -I.\..\..\sample
s -DNOPCH   -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy   -MTgcc_mswudll\minimal_minimal.o -MFgcc_mswudll\minimal_minimal.o.d -MD -MP minimal.cpp
g++ -o gcc_mswudll\minimal.exe @gcc_mswudll\minimal.exe.rsp   -mthreads -L.\..\..\lib\gcc_dll  -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows        -lwxmsw32u -lwxscintilla -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -
lwxpng   -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat   -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lshlwapi -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lve
rsion -lws2_32 -lwininet -loleacc -luxtheme

So, it looks like a wrong shell is called? or any solutions?

Thanks.

EDIT: problem solved!

The problem is that I have a path:

Code
$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)../usr/bin

In the compiler's extra path. I just remove this line, and restart C::B, and it is OK now.

EDIT2:

I think this issue has already mentioned by AndrewCot, because I have put the msys' shell path usr/bin to the mingw64/bin path. Though I can use the sh.exe to call the wx-config script, but this also cause this issue.

Using Code::Blocks / Re: problem compile auto operator<=>
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on September 14, 2022, 11:23:35 am »
Code::Blocks is an IDE, not a compiler, so compilation problems are OT here.
Development / Re: New projects for wxWidgets 3.2
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on September 14, 2022, 11:19:10 am »
Do we still need the wx 3.1 workspace/project files as wx 3.2.1 is released?

IMHO we must keep them for a couple of 3.2.1 nightlies, just in case we find major problems and must go back to wx3.1.5.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]