Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Using Code::Blocks / Re: debug issue in Codeblock
« Last post by oBFusCATed on July 13, 2021, 11:51:01 pm »
This is the minimal log. Go to settings ->  debugger and enable full logging.
And use code tags (the # button).
Using Code::Blocks / Re: 20.3 Slow to launch on SSD Laptop
« Last post by oBFusCATed on July 13, 2021, 11:49:50 pm »
C::B load time is CPU bound, not file-read bound.
Actually very few applications are really file-read bound...
There is no such code, nor there are previous attempts to do it after the switch to the debugger config style.
Before that the debugger exe setting was part of the compiler settings.

Not sure it is worth the complications at the moment.
Plugins development / Re: Execute plugin after saving C:B workspace?
« Last post by cacb on July 13, 2021, 11:30:23 pm »
I have played around a bit with this under Kubuntu 20.04, and the plugin events seem to work quite nicely. I found that cbEVT_COMPILER_FINISHED is another good candidate. Thanks for the help.

If I can get the plugin to do something useful I will put it on github and mention it here.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on July 13, 2021, 01:19:51 pm »
The list of events in the wiki is incomplete (cbEVT_PROJECT_FILE_RENAMED is missing), but currently it can't be edited.
« Last post by cacb on July 13, 2021, 12:32:35 pm »
Thank you, that was indeed a useful reply. I can see it is one of the contrib plugins.

Through your reply I also discovered
https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Code::Blocks_SDK_events

I will see what this means. I guess you need to use the same wxWidgets  in plugins that was used for building C::B, and that will be ok for me on Linux, as I build C::B from source there. Under Windows probably not, as I use exclusively Nightly Builds of C::B there, and wxWidgets compiled with MSVC. So most likely such a plugin would be Linux only.

In any case, I might give it a try. Thanks!
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on July 13, 2021, 11:23:09 am »
You can use the rndgen plugin as starting point, changing cbEVT_EDITOR_BEFORE_SAVE to cbEVT_WORKSPACE_CLOSING_BEGIN (or similar, see sdk_events.h)
Plugins development / Execute plugin after saving C:B workspace?
« Last post by cacb on July 13, 2021, 10:32:33 am »
I have lots of Code::Blocks workspaces and I am considering exporting information found in them into "another format" (it doesn't matter what that is at this point).

I could write a completely separate tool to read C::B workspace and project files, but maybe a better idea is to write some form of C::B plugin that would always execute when a workspace is saved. I have been trying to read up on plugins from the Wiki, and there is useful information there, but it isn't clear to me how to make the plugin do its thing after saving a workspace. Is there some list of C::B events that a plugin can react to to achieve that?

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume there is no need for a plugin GUI. All that is needed is access to the workspace & project information + some event to trigger execution after saving the workspace.

Any suggestions?
Help / Is there a way of automatically configuring debugger on initial install?
« Last post by AndrewCot on July 12, 2021, 12:19:05 pm »
I have looked and cannot find any auto detect or code that tries to do any configuration of a debugger on initial install so that the end user does not have to configure the debugger manually.

If I have missed something can you please point me to where I have missed it. I also if this has been discussed before can someone please let me know the thread link or what to search for in the forum so I can see what was attempted and why it failed or in the more likely case was rejected.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: 20.3 Slow to launch on SSD Laptop
« Last post by cpcfreak on July 12, 2021, 08:24:34 am »
OK, so I've tried the Nightlies with no success.

Renaming %APPDATA%/CodeBlocks, and replacing the share\CodeBlocks\compilers folder from the nightly made no difference.

Interestingly, removing MS Mouse and Keyboard Center has made a large difference, launch time has halved, the Code::BLocks no longer sits Not Rsponding for long if at all during launch. It's still quite a bit slower than the desktop which is weird for an SSD, but it's signifcantly better than it was.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]