Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Help / Is there a way of automatically configuring debugger on initial install?
« Last post by AndrewCot on July 12, 2021, 12:19:05 pm »
I have looked and cannot find any auto detect or code that tries to do any configuration of a debugger on initial install so that the end user does not have to configure the debugger manually.

If I have missed something can you please point me to where I have missed it. I also if this has been discussed before can someone please let me know the thread link or what to search for in the forum so I can see what was attempted and why it failed or in the more likely case was rejected.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: 20.3 Slow to launch on SSD Laptop
« Last post by cpcfreak on July 12, 2021, 08:24:34 am »
OK, so I've tried the Nightlies with no success.

Renaming %APPDATA%/CodeBlocks, and replacing the share\CodeBlocks\compilers folder from the nightly made no difference.

Interestingly, removing MS Mouse and Keyboard Center has made a large difference, launch time has halved, the Code::BLocks no longer sits Not Rsponding for long if at all during launch. It's still quite a bit slower than the desktop which is weird for an SSD, but it's signifcantly better than it was.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: debug issue in Codeblock
« Last post by behC on July 12, 2021, 05:02:16 am »
below is the log. Pls help me. I cant understand fully yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\
Adding source dir: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\
Adding file: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\bin\Debug\test.exe
Changing directory to: F:/Code-Blocks-Project/test/.
Set variable: PATH=.;D:\MinGW\bin;D:\MinGW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;D:\winAVR\bin;D:\winAVR\utils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;c:\Users\ASUS\Downloads\avrdude-win-64bit;c:\Users\ASUS\Downloads\avr-gcc-10.1.0-x64-windows;c:\program files(x86)\GnuWin32;C:\Program Files\LLVM\bin;F:\GNU-Global\bin;C;C:\mingw-w64\i686-8.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v6-rev0\mingw32\bin;C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;D:\cygwin64\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\bin
Starting debugger: F:\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet -g -args F:/Code-Blocks-Project/test/bin/Debug/test.exe
done
Setting breakpoints
Debugger finished with status 1
Will go with the first line of your response as it contradicts the rest of the post and as such I will go with the first line it as it makes the easiest way forward.
Do you think the concept of checking the compiler path at the point of entry like I am proposing above is a good idea or not?
Nope, these are done on EndModal or tab switch as a minimum.
Something like the check in the debugger settings for the debugger executables are better IMO.
But here I think we support expansion of variables, which are context dependent, so I don't think any checking is good idea.
Checking for empty is probably fine, but checking for direxists is questionable given the support for variable expansion.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: debug issue in Codeblock
« Last post by oBFusCATed on July 11, 2021, 05:37:15 pm »
Go to debugger settings and inspect the full log? If you cannot find anything interesting there post the log here.
Also make sure you're debugging a 32bit application with 32 gdb and 64bit app with 64bit gdb.
Other combinations doesn't seem to work.
Development / Re: Query on fixing compiler rename bug(s)
« Last post by oBFusCATed on July 11, 2021, 05:32:45 pm »
FYI: "Something - Number of bugs " has lower chances of getting adopted compared to "Fixing bug X"...
Development / Re: Query on fixing compiler rename bug(s)
« Last post by AndrewCot on July 11, 2021, 11:54:47 am »
Patch will be in ticket 1111 once I finish with the testing and the last bug/issue as per forum post https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24567.0.html
Using Code::Blocks / debug issue in Codeblock
« Last post by behC on July 11, 2021, 11:37:05 am »
I am very new in Codeblock, I just downloaded and try the IDE. I try to use the debug. The debug does not work and the small triangle does not appear. Everytime I press debug it will show debug finish with status 1.

My debugger Setting, executable path is F:\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe
and the argument is -g
At the debug menu, active debugger : GDB set as default.

Kindly help and advice.
If the dev enters an invalid path for the compiler manually or by selecting a wrong directory the current code allows the user to do this and on the next CB start shows the auto-detection dialog because the compiler is configured incorrectly.

I can add the following for when the masterpath focus is lost, which works correctly w.r.t calling the CompilerOptionsDlg::OnMasterPathKillFocus function.
Code
    // Setup on focus kill on masterpath to validate manual updates.
    XRCCTRL(*this, "txtMasterPath", wxTextCtrl)->Connect(wxEVT_KILL_FOCUS, wxFocusEventHandler(CompilerOptionsDlg::OnMasterPathKillFocus), NULL, this);

The OnMasterPathKillFocus could look like the following with more checking added like in the auto detection code as this is a P.O.C. for adding in the kill focus and a pop up, but it currently has an issue where the focus is left on the control you clicked on, but it is like the left mouse button is selected and there is no flashing icon in the text controls if you selected one. 
Code
void CompilerOptionsDlg::OnMasterPathKillFocus(wxFocusEvent& event)
{
    wxTextCtrl *wtcMasterPath  = wxDynamicCast(event.GetEventObject(), wxTextCtrl);
    wxString path = wtcMasterPath->GetValue();
    if (path.IsEmpty() || !wxDirExists(path)) // NEED TO ADD CHECK FOR BIN/{compiler file} LIKE auto detect code!!!!
    {
        switch(cbMessageBox(_("You have entered an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] path. Do you want use this path?\n\n"
                                "Yes    : will save the invalid path\n"
                                "No     : will not save and allow you to change the path\n"),
                            _("invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] path detected"),
                            wxICON_EXCLAMATION|wxYES|wxNO))
        {
            case wxID_YES :
                DoSaveCompilerPrograms();
                break;
            case wxID_NO :
            default:
                break;
        } // end switch
    }
    // THE FOLLOWING BLOCK DOES NOT WORK!!!!
    XRCCTRL(*this, "tabPrograms", wxPanel)->SetFocus();
    //XRCCTRL(*this, "tabPrograms", wxPanel)->Update();
    XRCCTRL(*this, "tabPrograms", wxPanel)->Update();

event.Skip();
}

Do you think the concept of checking the compiler path at the point of entry like I am proposing above is a good idea or not?
If you think this is a good idea, but do not like the yes option then let me know or if there are any other changes you can think of let me know.
If you think this is a good idea then do you have any pointers or ideas on how or where I can look to fix the focus issue I would be very geatfull as I am not a wxwidget guru and have only done a simple simulation GUI in wxwidgets (a single dialog with may bee 30 controls) to simulate some poker machine peripherals like a ticket printer, bill acceptor and coin mechanism.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10