Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
1 is highly unlikely to happen. For me TDM is dead for example (it cannot compile C::B in its last version).
Also I'm not sure we want to have 10 different but kind of the same compilers in the list.
I suppose the code should do a copy when it auto-detects multiple compilers of the same kind, but then it gets really complex about the order and naming.

I see a patch about 3, isn't this the latest version?
I don't see why 4 is a dependency on this one.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: 20.3 Slow to launch on SSD Laptop
« Last post by oBFusCATed on July 16, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »
fwiw, I've given VTune a initial run and it's shown some anolmaly, in that when the C::B compiler plugin is enabled the CPU is idle for 70% of the time between launch and the GUI opening, so I'm not sure what that means if the problem is CPU bound.
You need to do a system wide profile. C::B is starting many processes to do some stuff with them at startup (mainly compilers).
« Last post by cacb on July 16, 2021, 10:13:59 am »
There are two oddities in CPU usage during Code::Blocks launch as it is parsing the lexers, during that moment you see the program icon flashing on the taskbar.

Fwiw, I have a 4-5 year old laptop with Win10 and I just installed  codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe on it. Once installed, it didn't detect the MinGW compiler, but it was easy to tell it to auto detect it.

Then, when starting Code::Blocks I observe the same icon flashing on the taskbar as you describe, however the process does not take much more than ~10 seconds. If I disable the compiler plugin, the icon flashing on the taskbar goes away, and the startup process is quicker. Once the compiler plugin is re-enabled, the icon-flashing returns, but it doesn't last very long. 

I have the code changes done, tested and ready to submit to resolve ticket 114 once the following has been done:
1) Ticket 374 patch lands in the truck.
2) Cygwin code changes lands in the trunk
3) Submit patch for ticket 1117 once 1 & 2 are done
4) Submit patch for ticket 1111 once 3 lands in the trunk
Help / Re: Can't move logs windows
« Last post by BlueHazzard on July 16, 2021, 08:02:34 am »
Can you try a other wxWidgets application, that uses the wxAUI library, or compile the wxWidgets samples and check if they work?
« Last post by cpcfreak on July 16, 2021, 01:42:11 am »
Yes, thanks for the advice.

fwiw, I've given VTune a initial run and it's shown some anolmaly, in that when the C::B compiler plugin is enabled the CPU is idle for 70% of the time between launch and the GUI opening, so I'm not sure what that means if the problem is CPU bound.

I'll need a run quite a few variants on C::B launch to see if I can make sense of this, and if I find anything solid I'll report.
Help / Can't move logs windows
« Last post by cdavalillo on July 16, 2021, 12:30:07 am »
Hi, I'm using Code::Blocks 20.03 on Fedora 34 Gnome 40 Wayland and when I undock the logs window I simply can't move it, I can resize it and close it but can't move it. After check the configuration in Fedora I realize that it is not a problem of my desktop environment. Before that I was setting a feature in the tweaks tool to don't move child windows but after restore to the default configuration (to move the windows) the logs windows still don't move.

So any help on that would be appreciated.
Plugins development / Re: Execute plugin after saving C:B workspace?
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on July 15, 2021, 10:41:46 pm »
I see it under Settings -> Editor -> tidycmt. The panel you supply will be shown inside the Settings window.
Plugins development / Re: Execute plugin after saving C:B workspace?
« Last post by cacb on July 15, 2021, 09:20:22 pm »
Thank you, that is useful. However, on Windows I have tidycmt enabled but I can't find where its show/save settings is displayed in the C::B gui. It does not show in the Plugins menu and I can't find it anywhere else either (settings). To be usable as a reference I need to see it working.

What I hope to do is
1. Make my plugin be listed in the Plugins Menu and when I select it, a settings dialog show up (similar to Symbols Table Plugin maybe).
2. Make it add a menu entry in the File menu (e.g. File -> Export ) where it would perform the same operation without requiring a Compilation

So far I have figured out that only plugins of type "ptTool" show up in the Plugins menu, but I can't make it a cbToolPlugin because I think that hides things I need to do for # 2 (I could be wrong). I tried to make my plugin return type "pTool" and that made it show up in the Plugins Menu, but it crashed when I clicked it since it doesn't return a dialog at present.

Would implementing ConfigurePlugin using a wrapper like TidyCmt::GetConfigurationPanel solve that? I can't figure this bit out since I never saw the tidycmt gui, and I think I need a dialog, not a panel.

EDIT: I finally found that the tidycmt panel GUI is very well hidden in Project -> Properties  as "EditorConfig options" tab far to the right. So now I know where it is.  But this is not the kind of feature I want to duplicate.  I think I want the same as a cbToolPlugin but where the BuildMenu function is not hidden as it is in cbToolPlugin
The page does not mentoin highlighting at all, so IMHO if you want to say that you should first say something like "The whole block is hilghlighted differently to remark it must not be modified. You can change...".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10