Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Nightly builds / Re: The 13 August 2022 build (12864) is out.
« Last post by AndrewCot on September 14, 2022, 02:26:56 am »
I would like to switch soon to wx 3.2 (again with the 2 patches we have applied to 3.1.7), does anyone has any objections, or reasons not to step-up (yet) ?

I think wx 3.2.1 is good to switch to now as it does not require any patches and is being used by allot of the C::B devs now.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on September 13, 2022, 09:30:43 pm »
@ MaxGaspa

Until I can find the cause of the crash, you can disable Settings/Editor/GeneralSetting/Documentation popup.

This should eliminate the stall/crash. If It does not, let me know.

Thanks
Using Code::Blocks / problem compile auto operator<=>
« Last post by dkaip on September 13, 2022, 09:23:39 pm »
I have problem with auto operator<=>(const Fraction& f) const;.
Compiler settings -std=gnu++2a but nothing.

compiler says error: declaration of 'operator<=' as non-function

I ma working at Linux Mint.
Thank you

Jim.

General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by sodev on September 13, 2022, 08:51:44 pm »
Last time i checked (2 or 3 months ago) the CMake way produced a quite ugly result regarding the samples, at least using Visual Studio and Ninja, every sample got placed into one common directory.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by stahta01 on September 13, 2022, 06:20:38 pm »

EDIT2

It looks like wx has cmake support, see this document: wxWidgets: CMake Overview
So, maybe we can use official cmake to generate the codeblocks cbp for each samples?

I spent about one hour trying that; but, I gave up the cmake support files needed was too old in the MSys2 cmake I had.
I might try again; but, right now I am working on building MINGW64 GCC variants and failing.

I do think it is a best long term way to proceed; but, I need to learn the new wxWidgets cmake way and find the correct cmake support files.

From https://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.2.0/overview_cmake.html
Recommendations
While CMake in wxWidgets aims to support most generators available in CMake the following generators are recommended:

Windows: Visual Studio (any supported version)
macOS: Xcode
Linux: Ninja or Makefiles
CMake 3.10 or newer is recommended. The minimum version required is 2.8.12.

I was not using one of the recommended way; I might try Ninja on my next attempt.

Tim S.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by ollydbg on September 13, 2022, 03:38:59 am »
Hi, I have some friends who are willing to learn wx by wxWidgets' samples.

I can ask them to use Code::Blocks, while, I think the best way to learn is using wx samples from the official wx git repo (This is not only for beginner, also for testing some wx features):

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/tree/master/samples

My idea is we can supply some C::B cbp files for the samples, I see tim has some contribution:

stahta01/msys2_wxwidgets_cb_projects: CB wxWidgets projects using msys2
This repo contains about 10 samples, but not the full wx samples.

I think either using msys2's pre-build library or self build wx library is OK, so are there any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT

I found an old reop which is also by tim
stahta01/cb_projects_for_wxWidgets: Code::Blocks projects for building wxWidgets sample code
It was several years ago, and it use the wx-config.exe.

EDIT2

It looks like wx has cmake support, see this document: wxWidgets: CMake Overview
So, maybe we can use official cmake to generate the codeblocks cbp for each samples?

EDIT3
As 2022-09-17, I create a git repo: asmwarrior/cb_projects_for_wxWidgets: Code::Blocks projects for building wxWidgets sample code, which supples Code::Blocks project files(cbp) for each wx sample (wxWidgets 3.2.1), and with the help of wx-config-msys2.exe (from eranif/wx-config-msys2: wx-config tool for MSYS2 based installation of wxWidgets using the mingw64 repository), it can build wx samples under Code::Blocks and link to the prebuild wx library(wxWidgets 3.2) in msys2.

« Last post by ollydbg on September 13, 2022, 03:32:51 am »
Hi, Miguel Gimenez, Thanks for the fix.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on September 12, 2022, 09:54:47 pm »
Bug fixed in r12891.

To fix the plugin replace (in client.cpp:3664) this
Code
        const int uiSize = Manager::Get()->GetImageSize(Manager::UIComponent::InfoPaneNotebooks);
        const int uiScaleFactor = Manager::Get()->GetUIScaleFactor(Manager::UIComponent::InfoPaneNotebooks);
        const wxString imgFile = ConfigManager::GetDataFolder()
                              + wxString::Format(_T("/resources.zip#zip:/images/%dx%d/filefind.png"),
                                                 uiSize, uiSize);
        wxBitmap* logbmp = new wxBitmap(cbLoadBitmapScaled(imgFile, wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG, uiScaleFactor));
with this
Code
        const int uiSize = Manager::Get()->GetImageSize(Manager::UIComponent::InfoPaneNotebooks);
        wxString prefix(ConfigManager::GetDataFolder()+"/resources.zip#zip:/images/");
#if wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 6)
        const double uiScaleFactor = Manager::Get()->GetUIScaleFactor(Manager::UIComponent::InfoPaneNotebooks);
        wxBitmapBundle* logbmp = new wxBitmapBundle(cbLoadBitmapBundle(prefix, "filefind.png", wxRound(uiSize/uiScaleFactor), wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG));
#else
        prefix << wxString::Format("%dx%d/", uiSize, uiSize);
        wxBitmap* logbmp = new wxBitmap(cbLoadBitmap(prefix+"filefind.png", wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG));
#endif
Using Code::Blocks / to join several programs
« Last post by lfjil on September 12, 2022, 08:20:39 pm »
Dear gurus
I'm facing to join C language programs for diferent apliances connected to a cypress microcontroller, as display, 2 I2C sensors, 2 ADC, and 3 PWM out, so each program has its headers or includes, its definitions, functions and program.  So when I have to join all that, it seems more as an spaghethi, and have to verify that the variables names match, and the general algorithm stay working as planned. 
Which would be the best utilities or tools to make this as easy as possible in Code blocks?
I know some of C language but I'm no proficient yet.  I preffer to avoid tricks as supercharged operators and rare things
I thought about the folding characterstic of F12, but maybe there is something better to mix programs.

Sincerly
Luis
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on September 12, 2022, 05:18:05 pm »
Starting with r12887, if you are compiling with wxWidgets >= 3.1.6 the last parameter of CodeBlocksLogEvent must be a pointer to wxBitmapBundle.

The change is straightforward, I will publish a patch in this thread tomorrow (I have detected an error in the original notebook HiDPI code that must be fixed beforehand).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]