Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by AndrewCot on September 16, 2022, 12:19:59 am »
I use a #WXWIDGETS.WX_CONFIG global variable that I change to build Linux or Mac for the one set of project files. Once I get the wx-config-msys2.exe building and runnign in the one project file I will have a look at the wx-config.exe as it will simplify the project files and allow me to merge my current two sets of Windows project files back into one set, which is allot more manageable and makes updates/changes allot easier.In the long run I hope (I can wish) that only one set of project files will be needed, but there are issues with the <ExtraCommands> , <Compiler> and <Linker> which have different options for the Windows compared to Linux/Mac.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on September 15, 2022, 11:06:06 pm »
@ MaxGaspa
Until I can find the cause of the crash, you can disable Settings/Editor/GeneralSetting/Documentation popup.
This should eliminate the stall/crash. If It does not, let me know.
Thanks

RFC: patch for ticket 1168.
This is a Request For Comment for the attached patch.
I have posted a patch on the second page of ticket #1168:
Direct link to Patch

The attached patch (ccManagerMouseTrap220915-1.patch) resolves the following described conditions for both CodeCompletion and Clangd_client. The patch has been tested on both MSW and Linux.

1) The HtmlDocumentationPopup gets stuck showing and cannot be closed.
2) The user did a double-click to select from the AutocompPopup, the HtmlDocumentationPopup got left showing and CB is frozen (and may crash).
3) The AutocompPopup and the HtmlPopup are showing, the user unfocused CB then re-focused CB and CB is frozen and must be killed.
4) The user has unChecked Documentation popup in options and now AutocompPopups cannot be scrolled.
5) The AutocompPopup only is stuck showing and cannot be closed.

What is actually happening? (tldr version)
CB is getting stuck in function OnPopScroll statement:
Code
else if (m_pAutocompPopup && m_pAutocompPopup->GetScreenRect().Contains(pos))
in the GetScreenRect() function because the AutocompPopup window has been hidden and the HtmlDocumentationPopup may or may not be hidden, but a wxEVT_MOUSEWHEEL connection is owned by the html popup.

It seems that wxWidgets does not like this condition.
The debugger cannot even step out of this condition.

The problem usually arises from a slower double-mouse-click on an AutocompPopup item such that the double click gets interpreted as two single-clicks.
The AutocompPopup will get closed leaving the HtmlDocumentationPopup out to dry.
Now the conditions on which ccManager depended to remove the event connection will never be met.
We than have a happy deadly embrace.

Other sequences of action also cause the deadly embrace including (occasionally) un-focusing and re-focusing CB while both popups are showing.

I didn't trace through all the conditions causing the deadly embrace since the fix to avoid connecting wxEVT_MOUSEWHEEL to HtmlPopup when AutocompPopup was hidden fixed most of the other conditions also. (ie. the first fix eliminated the possibility of the others).
I did, however, trace through all listed conditions once the fix was applied locally.

I would like to apply the patch before the next nightly.
Comments please....
Nightly builds / Re: The 13 August 2022 build (12864) is out.
« Last post by baloghi on September 15, 2022, 08:48:11 pm »
I am not sure is there database explorer plugin support in this version?

Thank you for your answer.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: codeblocks cbp projects for wx samples
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 03:37:48 pm »
Hi, AndrewCot, nice work!

I think using the global compiler variable is better and more flexible than putting the wx-config-msys2.exe directly in the linker or compiler options.

Maybe it can have cross-platform support.

If you look at the generated exe file of eranif's project, it has a wx-config.exe which supports local(self built) wx library, and wx-config-msys2.exe support msys2's prebuild wx library. So, just change the #WXWIDGETS.WX_CONFIG setting in different cases.
« Last post by AndrewCot on September 15, 2022, 02:57:37 pm »
I have been playing with wx-config-msys2 source and have got it sort of working in building C::B. I have created a C::B project for it and added it to my msys C::B workspace.

I need to first build the wx-config-msys.exe before I can then use it via a global variable. Once wx-config-msys.exe exists I then need to reload the workspace before I can then build C::B.

I need to look at the backticks expansion and see where the project file backtick expansion occurs as the expansion needs to occur at project compile time rather than at project load time. My guess is that currently the expansion occurs when the project is loaded loaded and as the  wx-config-msys.exe file does not exist then the expansion does not work or is an empty string. I need to investigate this as it is not currently working properly IMHO.

This is an example of my usage and variable setup:
Example project settings:
Code
        <Compiler>
            <Add option="`$(#WXWIDGETS.WX_CONFIG) --cflags`" />
        </Compiler>
        <Linker>
            <Add option="`$(#WXWIDGETS.WX_CONFIG) --libs std,aui,propgrid`" />
        </Linker>

#WXWIDGETS.WX_CONFIG setting:
Code
D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental_GCC\src\devel32_64\wx-config-msys2.exe --prefix=$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 01:30:42 pm »
Today, I see someone post a wx-config.bat script in the wxWidgets forum, see here:
MSYS2 wx-config from command prompt (CMD) workaround / fix

If we don't need to put the "usr/bin" to the PATH, this may be a good method. I will try it.

EDIT:

It looks this method works, but not under Win7, see my reply here: Post
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 05:50:58 am »
I have created some MSYS2 specific project files that use the wx-config and found it's not easy in that like you found out if you forget to remove the additional path it causes problems.

I did not think of eranif's wx-config-msys2.exe. If it works then it would remove the need for the additional path and would probably the best solution if it works. I should try it with the MSYS2 C::B project files I created for some testing I did.
eranif's wx-config-msys2.exe works correctly. I use it for some of my personal wx based projects.
What you need to do is adding something like:
Code
`wx-config-msys2 --libs all --prefix=$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)`
or
`wx-config-msys2 --cflags --prefix=$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)`
In the compiler or linker options.

I have created a bunch of project files for plugins that do not have any for Linux. I pick an existing one and remove the file list and save it as a "template" and then copy it into the directory I want it in. I add the files and update it  via Notepad++ as it is quicker than using C::B. Once I have it done I then open it in C::B and fix the build issues due to missing stuff or changes for the new directory, which I then feed into the template for the next project.

Yes, this is a workaround. I also did the similar things, especially I would like to test some wx sample code. I'm not satisfied with this method. Especially for wx and C::B beginner.
Help / Re: Cannot Build wxWidgets Libraries Anymore With GCC
« Last post by Frank_CB on September 15, 2022, 05:10:03 am »
@ollydbg:
WHERE says mingw32-make.exe is where it's suppose to be, and that it is the only one.  I'll reinstall  the GCC suite and try again.

Regards
« Last post by AndrewCot on September 15, 2022, 04:51:24 am »
I have created some MSYS2 specific project files that use the wx-config and found it's not easy in that like you found out if you forget to remove the additional path it causes problems.

I did not think of eranif's wx-config-msys2.exe. If it works then it would remove the need for the additional path and would probably the best solution if it works. I should try it with the MSYS2 C::B project files I created for some testing I did.

I have created a bunch of project files for plugins that do not have any for Linux. I pick an existing one and remove the file list and save it as a "template" and then copy it into the directory I want it in. I add the files and update it  via Notepad++ as it is quicker than using C::B. Once I have it done I then open it in C::B and fix the build issues due to missing stuff or changes for the new directory, which I then feed into the template for the next project.
Help / Re: Cannot Build wxWidgets Libraries Anymore With GCC
« Last post by ollydbg on September 15, 2022, 04:33:33 am »
My guess is your PATH is polluted. You may have to clean your PATH first. Maybe, you have to reinstall a new GCC compiler suite.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10