Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Good work. I like this and where it is heading.

Some feedback on the Project "Global variables" tab GUI:
1. The stored column is not intuitive as to what it means.  When I first opened the GUI I thought it was that the global variables is not stored in the C::B default.config file.     After looking at the code it is for saving the info into the project file if it is ticked.
2. It may be an idea to include the currently selected global config set name some where. This will allow users to find where  the value is from.
3. The columns do not automatically expand to use up the full width of the dialog. Attached is a dialog capture showing the default loading.
      3a) The Used and stores columns could be made smaller in width
      3b) Tee Name column needs to be expanded to show/fit the text.
      3c) The Description could be swapped with the Default value so that it would make comparing the values easier.
      3d) The values and description should be expanded to fill the rest of the dialog width.
4. If there is a missing global variable (in the project file, but not in the config) then the GUI does not let you know this has happened.
    This is for trouble shooting.
5. I am confident that this is NOT part of this change, but conversely what about the other case where there a global variables defined in the default.confg, but not used.
6. I saved two variables and then modified the project file to add text for the descriptions and default values. I also added a non existent variable.
    I modified the project file while C::B was closed.
    On opening the C::B workspace the project file only showed the first variable changes..
    The info in the project file is:
        <GlobalVariables>
            <Variable name="#BOOST.INCLUDE" description="Boost include" default="1111.boost" />
            <Variable name="#CB_BUILD.CFLAGS" description="CodeBlocks build cflags" default="not here" />
            <Variable name="#ZZZ_FAIL" description="Fail desc" default="failing more" />
        </GlobalVariables>
7. In item 6) above the #ZZZ_FAIL variable is not in the project file and I was trying to see what was going to be shown in the GUI so the end user could see that there is a variable configured, but not used.

Some thoughts about the future use of global variables:

a) When you get to loading the default values into the default.config file then what happens when in one project file
the default is different to the default in another project file for the same global variable?

b) For workspace files that are made up of multiple project files (like the C::B workspace) then it would be nice
to have a similar GUI that shows all of the global variables used in all of the projects loaded so you can see all of them in one GUI.

I have also attached the global variables I use for my local builds.
Nightly builds / Re: The 19June 2022 build (12839) is out.
« Last post by Pecan on June 20, 2022, 01:26:44 am »
The Clangd_Client for this nightly can be downloaded at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cb-clangd-client/files/Plugin_Install_Package/Windows_x64/

Filename: ClangdClientForCBNightly_20220619_rev12839_win64.zip (Direct download link)

Copy the included clangd_client.zip to  <YourCodeBlocksNightlyFolder>\share\CodeBlocks\clangd_client.zip
Do not unzip this file.

Copy the included clangd_client.dll to <YourCodeBlocksNightlyFolder>\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\clangd_client.dll

Restart your CodeBlocks Nightly.

Install instructions for LLVM/clangd are included within the downloaded .zip file.
Modify message
Corresponding forum theard for ticket: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/1277/
Nightly builds / The 19June 2022 build (12839) is out.
« Last post by killerbot on June 19, 2022, 03:50:35 pm »
We switched to wx 3.1.5 --> download the new wx dll's see link below

If you tested the 22 january nightly you may find your compiler executable has changed from gcc.exe to mingw32-gcc.exe and g++.exe to mingw32-g++.exe. Please correct this, you won't be asked again.

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx315_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 19 June 2022 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2022/CB_20220619_rev12839_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.19.0

Resolved Fixed:

• src: Add function to check if log pane is visible to the user. Increment SDK minor version because we add a new public function
  • find replace: Display message box only if the log pane is not visible.
  • Project Tree: Add menu entry to open folder of selected file in system file browser
  • Project Tree: Add menu entry to open folder of selected file in system file browser
  • debugger: Add context menu to watches for copy value, row and tree to clipboard (fix [#654] with some modifications, thanks to Andrew Cottrell)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: C++ IDE Code::Blocks Query
    « Last post by shinelee on June 19, 2022, 08:19:29 am »
    I've confounded between C++ ide like Code:: Blocks, Dev C++, Visual Studio Code, and Qt Creator. The primary C++ IDE I utilized was Visual C++ Express Edition. I utilized it to compose my first "Hi, World!" program,
    Development / Re: Code::Blocks projects and wx-3.1.7 with Leap-15.4 (Linux)
    « Last post by AndrewCot on June 17, 2022, 12:11:14 am »
    IMHO the number of CBP files is way too much and the maintenance of the files is an issue.
    I would suggest as per already seen in other threads that the project files transition to use global variables in order to do the following:1) Support different versions of wxWidgets without requiring a set of files for a specific wxWidget version2) Support for Windows 32 and 64 bit in the one cbp set of files
    3) Reduce the number of CBP sets to one per OS, so three Windows, Linux/Unix and one for MacOS
    I have the MacOS project files working, but I have not created a ticket as I have too many patches banked up in the ticket system.
    Development / Code::Blocks projects and wx-3.1.7 with Leap-15.4 (Linux)
    « Last post by LETARTARE on June 16, 2022, 07:25:15 pm »
    I just compiled 'CB-12838' under 'Leap15.4' with 'wx3.1.7'.
    So I propose you a patch for the compilation, including the '*-3.1.x-Unix.cbp' and '*-3.1.x-Unix.workspace' and all 'update31' ( I hope I didn't forget anything !).
    https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/1265/
    General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Code Blocks bundled with LLVM
    « Last post by AndrewCot on June 15, 2022, 03:36:46 am »
    Patches for adding LLDB debugging support are welcome for any OS.
    General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Code Blocks bundled with LLVM
    « Last post by everSome on June 14, 2022, 04:07:55 pm »
    On the LLDB Status page:

"LLDB on Windows is still under development, but already useful for i386 programs (x86_64 untested) built with DWARF debug information, including postmortem analysis of minidumps. For more details, see the Features by OS section below."

In that section one finds:
    Feature   ...   Windows
    C++11   ...   Unknown

Oops! How many trails do you want to blaze at once?

On the other hand, GDB most likely can handle the dwarf information in whatever Windows appropriate object files LLVM has otherwise created (certainly the program executable).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10