Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / typedef syntax highligting C++
« Last post by Kazbar on June 26, 2022, 03:44:21 am »
Hello, is there a way to change the font of typedef variable names
i.e. typedef std::vector<int> vec; where vec's current default font can be changed in the C::B v20.03 editor?

Thank you.

I now have some rudimentary debugging on an exe in C::B working as follows:
  • The exe is loaded via the DAP dll using the new DAP debugger plugin.
  • The exe can be started and run with a breakpoint set on main() as default in the debugger plugin for the time being (I do not have any persistent breakpoint or watches etc)
  • I can use step to the next line. I have wired up most of the other step features, but have not tested them.
  • I can set one line break point in the file and then run to the break point. The DAP break point API works on a file basis with array of breakpoints for the file, which is different to the GDB/MI code I started with and as such I need to refactor the way the breakpoints are stored in the debugger plugin.
  • I have the call stack partially working in that it shows data and some of it looks right, but some does not.
  • I can stop debugging and start debugging again.
Things not in the list above are not working. 

I will be working on the following in the order listed, unless I hit something or need a break on the work:
  • Add support for multiple line break points in a file
  • Wire up simple watches. Aka add to watch dialog only and update as you step / run the debugee
  • Enable break point and watchs to be persistent from the GDB/MI debugger plugin.
  • Get the call stack working correctly
  • Wire up starting the LLDB debugger exe when you start debugging. (commented out at the moment so I can see what is happening on a command prompt)
  • Migrate/test on Linux
  • Migrate/test on MacOS
  • Use in anger to fix C::B issue(s) on MacOS. In other words use it in the real world.
  • Add features required to make debugging better.
  • Update ticket 1114 to add support for the CLANG compiler to detect debugger and add it as a debugger automatically.
Hello,

So my 17.12 version comes up because it finds it in /usr/local/bin but it appears version 20 binary for buster was installed to /usr/bin which I tried to run directly but get:

/usr/bin/codeblocks: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/codeblocks: undefined symbol: cbEVT_DEBUGGER_UPDATED

How do I get around this problem?
Using Code::Blocks / Re: make: *** No rule to make target `Debug'. Stop.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on June 25, 2022, 12:55:41 pm »
if you are using codeblocks with makefiles, codeblocks uses the below command to run your makefile
Code
$make -f $makefile $target
as you can see at the end of the make call codeblocks adds the target name

In your case in the projct the target is called "Debug" and so codeblocks adds "Debug" at the end of the command line. In your makefile the targets are only "all" and "clean"

So you have to rename your targets in codeblocks:
Project->Properties->Build targets
select "Debug" and rename it to "all".
Then before compiling make sure you have selected the "all" target in the drop dow box near the compile button it the tool bar or go to Build->Select target->All

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/download/v2.8.12/wxGTK-2.8.12.tar.gz

under the extracted folder (wxGTK-2.8.12)
mkdir buildgdk
cd buildgdk
../configure --width-gdk --enable-unicode

Edit Makefile and add the following to the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS

-Wno-narrowing  -D__GXX_ABI_VERSION=1002

make

su

make install
/sbin/ldconfig

Not sure if needed, also added to ~/.bashrc

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

(log out and back in)

code::blocks now runs, but says 17.12, but that's fine.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: How to call win32 APIs in inlined at&t asm?
« Last post by reverser on June 25, 2022, 08:16:32 am »
OK, I just notice that the call convension is different in 64bit and 32bit Windows.

thanks a lot. it executed the call but Args are not passed correctly as message box is titled "Error" and is empty.
can you help me with 32bit version too; in x32, it shows the same error i mentioned. i cant make it work. if you cant (as you said here is not the right forum), please PM me the right place of asking this.

regards.
to resolve this problem:
in x86 mode, win32 APIs must be called by their decorated names, preceded by a under score e.g calll _messageBox@16 (16 is the number of bytes that the functions parameters use on stack)
« Last post by AndrewCot on June 25, 2022, 03:11:47 am »
I would suggest finding a site that has tutorials on makefiles so you can get up to speed with makefiles.
« Last post by Eli_A on June 25, 2022, 02:27:43 am »
include ../mk/PcapPlusPlus.mk

# All Target
all:
   g++.exe $(PCAPPP_INCLUDES) -c -o main.o main.cpp
   g++.exe $(PCAPPP_LIBS_DIR) -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -o dRDI.exe main.o $(PCAPPP_LIBS)

# Clean Target
clean:
   del main.o
   del dRDI.exe
Hi!
this looks really nice, great work.
Also thank you for sharing here in the forum!

« Last post by BlueHazzard on June 25, 2022, 12:02:55 am »
What are the rules of your makefile?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10