Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I am really me and I am here ... definitely "slowandsteady"

Give me 18 months, and in return I give you a competent C++ programmer.
Embedded development / Re: C::B for Microchip MCUs?
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 03:28:27 pm »
What support do you need?
It should currently be possible to do this if you do these steps:
1. Install the compiler
2. Set it up inside codeblocks
3. Create empty project which uses this compiler
4. Add files
5. Setup build options for your device
6. Add post build commands to do firmware gathering or/and upload in your environment.
7. enjoy

If you need to do these steps often you can write a wizard template script which automates the stuff above and then provide a patch for inclusion in the C::B releases.
Embedded development / C::B for Microchip MCUs?
« Last post by knivd on Today at 12:12:31 pm »
I quite like the Code Blocks environment and was wondering, is it not possible to include support for the PIC families in it? I can see a lot of other platforms are already there.
Thanks!
Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 05:50:56 am »
You don't need them there. wx-config works fine on linux as it is now.

The good news is that eranif's wx-config-msys2 tool also works well with our C::B's backtick system.

I try to add those lines in the "Other linker options"
Code
`wx-config-msys2 --libs --prefix=$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)`

And I got the final result of the linke command:

Code
-LF:\code\msys2-64\mingw64\\lib -pipe -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -lwx_mswu_xrc-3.1 -lwx_mswu_html-3.1 -lwx_mswu_qa-3.1 -lwx_mswu_core-3.1 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.1 -lwx_baseu_net-3.1 -lwx_baseu-3.1

The only issue is that for C::B, we have $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR) translated to "F:\code\msys2-64\mingw64\", while, wx-config-msys2 expect there is no ending backslash for the path, so you see double backslashes in the generated command line.
Contributions to C::B / Re: Updating wxWidgets project wizard
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 02:41:00 am »
Currently, the wizard presets the wxWidgets location to "$(#wx)". Perhaps it would be better to firstly check if a variable based on selected wxWidgets version (e.g. "$(#wx30)" for 3.0 and "$(#wx31)" for 3.1) exists and if it does use that. If it does not fall back to "$(#wx)". What do you think about this?
This would be useful for people which switch wx versions often or want to test them easily. I'm not sure this is generally useful. And as far as I know it is possible to change it in the wizard if you're in this kind of situation. So for now I think it is better that we don't add this feature.
« Last post by PB on Yesterday at 07:42:36 pm »
Generally I want to finish this pull request and commit what we have at the moment. Additional changes could be committed later as a second step.

I agree with this with perhaps one suggestion based on the discussion here or in the PR.

Currently, the wizard presets the wxWidgets location to "$(#wx)". Perhaps it would be better to firstly check if a variable based on selected wxWidgets version (e.g. "$(#wx30)" for 3.0 and "$(#wx31)" for 3.1) exists and if it does use that. If it does not fall back to "$(#wx)". What do you think about this?
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Yesterday at 07:29:59 pm »
cb_release_type... set it to -O0 -g if you want to save yourself recompiling when you need to debug something.

Generally I want to finish this pull request and commit what we have at the moment. Additional changes could be committed later as a second step.
Are people interested in wx on windows able to test this PR and report if the wizard works for them?
« Last post by PB on Yesterday at 07:27:54 pm »
The wiki is reasonably up to date.

I suppose you already have wxWidgets compiled, but C::B needs a monolithic build with wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D=1 (this is explained in the llink)

IIRC, I failed in C::B when it asked about some folders (or system variables?), something like CB_DEVEL where I had no idea where to set them. But it also may be related to some 3rd party library (tinyXML?).

I will try again and will ask if I run into an issue.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 07:22:37 pm »
The wiki is reasonably up to date.

I suppose you already have wxWidgets compiled, but C::B needs a monolithic build with wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D=1 (this is explained in the llink)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10