Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Help / Re: Error after Installation of Code::Blocks 20.03
« Last post by GShauffenburg on Today at 07:58:51 pm »
Thank you for the help.

Somehow there was a setting added to the Other Compiler Options tab that was causing my issue.

Everything is working again.
« Last post by gd_on on Today at 06:27:32 pm »
If you installed C::B 20.03 with the official installer, you have certainly also installed gcc 8.1. This version of compiler was built in 2018. As far as I remember, c++20 or gnu++20 was not still available, but you should have gnu++2a effectively, which should work for you. If you really need gnu++20, you should update the compiler with a more recent version, for example the one provided with Msys2. Have a look in the codeblocks manual where you can eventually find other informations.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Today at 05:26:54 pm »
For compilation errors please always follow this guide:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

The installed compiler does not support this option. Places where this option can be set:

• Project->Build options->Select the project name on the left->Compiler flags
  • Project->Build options->Select the project name on the left->Other compiler options
  • Project->Build options->Select your build target on the left->Compiler flags
  • Project->Build options->Select your build target on the left->Other compiler options
  • Settings->Compiler->Global compiler settings->compiler settings->Compiler flags
  • Settings->Compiler->Global compiler settings->compiler settings->Other compiler options
Help / Error after Installation of Code::Blocks 20.03
« Last post by GShauffenburg on Today at 04:20:20 pm »
Hello group,

I am new to Code::Blocks and have uninstalled and the reinstalled the latest release (20.03) several times, with a reboot each time, but cannot resolve my issue.  I am working through the examples for C++ ALL-IN-ONE for dummies and am getting the following message after installing the latest release:
=== Build: Debug in VariadicTemplate (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===
error: unrecognized command line option '-std=gnu++20'; did you mean '-std=gnu++2a'?
=== Build failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===

Did I miss something when I performed the install or is there something else that I need to install in addition to Code::Blocks?  I have checked and there is no option for a C++20 compiler and the complier selected is C++17 GNU C++ language standard (ISO C++ plus GNU extensions).   So I am not sure where the gnu++ 20 is even coming from.

Any help or suggestions in how to diagnose and resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Graham
Help / Re: SVN 12550 does not compile
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 09:57:58 am »
If you add PCH to the first plugin I can do it to the others (I have never used precompiled headers)

I see AndrewCot already did that, see here: https://github.com/acotty/codeblocks_sf/commit/9fc1965e72e1c4ef96227f8a84f2423563f25f4b

I can download his change/patch from:
https://github.com/acotty/codeblocks_sf/commit/9fc1965e72e1c4ef96227f8a84f2423563f25f4b.patch

Then use the command line "patch -p1 < 9fc1965e72e1c4ef96227f8a84f2423563f25f4b.patch" to apply to my local git repo. (git am does not work, I'm not sure why)
Help / Re: Shift-TAB does not work
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Today at 09:00:24 am »
Can be... This happened after updating c::b but all version should have installed the plugin...
Anyway, my next question is, where is the binding for switch tabs/open documents? i have not found it...
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 08:25:37 am »
What version of  guyu's compiler were you using? 11.2.0 release 0 or release 1 or some other version?
gytx_x86_64-11.2.0-posix-seh_r1, which is released Aug 01, 2021.
I have this compiler in two PCs, and both got the same PCH warning message: "sdk_precomp.h.gch: had text segment at different address".
So, I switch to using Msys2's gcc now.
Help / Re: Shift-TAB does not work
« Last post by Pecan on Today at 07:29:26 am »
I have a other issue with switch tabs:
Normally alt+ arrow key should activate the browsetracker switch editor, but for me it activates the switch tab dialog?

My guess: that these keys are being switched around because different versions of CB are being used with the same personality.

KeyBinder resets a key to the default menu assignment if a  user assigned key is no longer in the menu.

For example, if I've assigned Alt-left to a BrowserTracker menu item, then load a CB that does not enable BrowserTracker, the Alt-left gets lost in the personality=default keybinder .conf file.

If a previous assignment of ctrl-tab was assigned to say HexEditor, then I load a CB which has no HexEditor plugin, then the ctrl-tab will default back to the core CB assignment (switch tabs).

The only way around this is to use personality=<whatever> so key assignments don't get lost.

I have a personality=cb315 and a personality=cb30 etc.
I use a .bat file to set the personality for it's associated CB.

Just my guess.

« Last post by AndrewCot on Today at 07:26:58 am »
What version of  guyu's compiler were you using? 11.2.0 release 0 or release 1 or some other version?

Good to see that your MSYS2 GCC 11.2.0 works.

I did not get as good a drop on my setup, I got a drop of about 35 seconds when building everything. I should do some more tests tomorrow when compiling just the CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp and see how I go and report my findings.
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 07:07:17 am »
I did a build time test using msys2's 64bit gcc 11.2.0 on a win7 system.

When PCH is enabled, the CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp rebuild time is about: 273 seconds
When PCH is not enabled, the CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp rebuild time is about: 440 seconds

So, it is about 38% time reduce if I enable the PCH for CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10