Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / How to configure Vulkan SPIR-V compiler in Code::Blocks
« Last post by cdavalillo on July 14, 2024, 02:49:04 am »
I want to compile GLSL shader files with the Vulkan SPIR-V compiler as we do with the c/c++ source files. I read some time ago in the Nvidia support pages how to set the CUDA compiler in Code::Blocks (https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/how-to-setup-cuda-compiler-on-code-blocks-author-not-me/11760), so I have some idea how to do it. But after putting in the path to the linker and compiler it don't work, so I want to know what I'm missing. I'm on Debian 12 64 bits, after list the files installed for the package spirv-tools I have the following output

Code
/.
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/spirv-as
/usr/bin/spirv-cfg
/usr/bin/spirv-dis
/usr/bin/spirv-lesspipe.sh
/usr/bin/spirv-link
/usr/bin/spirv-lint
/usr/bin/spirv-opt
/usr/bin/spirv-reduce
/usr/bin/spirv-val
/usr/include
/usr/include/spirv-tools
/usr/include/spirv-tools/instrument.hpp
/usr/include/spirv-tools/libspirv.h
/usr/include/spirv-tools/libspirv.hpp
/usr/include/spirv-tools/linker.hpp
/usr/include/spirv-tools/optimizer.hpp
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools/SPIRV-ToolsConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools/SPIRV-ToolsTarget-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools/SPIRV-ToolsTarget.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-diff
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-diff/SPIRV-Tools-diffConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-diff/SPIRV-Tools-diffTargets-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-diff/SPIRV-Tools-diffTargets.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-link
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-link/SPIRV-Tools-linkConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-link/SPIRV-Tools-linkTargets-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-link/SPIRV-Tools-linkTargets.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-lint
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-lint/SPIRV-Tools-lintConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-lint/SPIRV-Tools-lintTargets-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-lint/SPIRV-Tools-lintTargets.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-opt
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-opt/SPIRV-Tools-optConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-opt/SPIRV-Tools-optTargets-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-opt/SPIRV-Tools-optTargets.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-reduce
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-reduce/SPIRV-Tools-reduceConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-reduce/SPIRV-Tools-reduceTarget-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-reduce/SPIRV-Tools-reduceTarget.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-tools
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-tools/SPIRV-Tools-toolsConfig.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-tools/SPIRV-Tools-toolsTargets-release.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/SPIRV-Tools-tools/SPIRV-Tools-toolsTargets.cmake
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools-diff.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools-link.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools-lint.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools-opt.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools-reduce.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSPIRV-Tools.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/SPIRV-Tools.pc
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/spirv-tools
/usr/share/doc/spirv-tools/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/spirv-tools/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/spirv-tools/copyright
/usr/share/lintian
/usr/share/lintian/overrides
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/spirv-tools

So I know that the linker is /usr/bin/spirv-link but not know what to put in the other tool chain executable textboxes. This is what I have so far
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Trying to understand how code::blocks does things
« Last post by vulpes_vulpes on July 13, 2024, 08:40:21 pm »
OK. Thanks for the reply.

Well I got some arduino code to compile, link, upload and run, and then discovered the CPU frequency was wrong. I'm guessing that this is another "feature" of the broken arduino project wizard. I edited the project .cbp to put it right, and everything is fine now.

Thanks for the help and pointers on this.
« Last post by stahta01 on July 13, 2024, 04:43:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Yes the compiler is installed and running OK.

I am just curious what is adding all the "-I /usr/bin/arduino..." stuff to the compile command, and in doing so, trying to understand how code::blocks works.

That came from the Wizard you used.

See project part of https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_I_would_like_to_compile_a_project_using_some_non-standard_libraries._How_can_I_indicate_to_CodeBlocks_that_these_libraries_and_include_files_exist.3F

Tim S.
« Last post by vulpes_vulpes on July 13, 2024, 02:42:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Yes the compiler is installed and running OK.

I am just curious what is adding all the "-I /usr/bin/arduino..." stuff to the compile command, and in doing so, trying to understand how code::blocks works.
Help / Re: Libcurl permission denied
« Last post by stahta01 on July 12, 2024, 08:44:37 pm »
I really do not have the knowledge to help you remoting; it is likely under advanced.

You might try moving the folders to be under another sub-folder; I never tried to build or use files on the Desktop; there might be some weird permission issue to that location.

Edit: Link to FAQs https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ maybe one of them will help.

Tim S.
« Last post by stahta01 on July 12, 2024, 08:38:19 pm »
Did you install the Compiler needed for ARDUINO?
If yes, where is it installed?
If no, then you need to install the Compiler.

Web searches implies below installs the AVR compiler likely needed for ARDUINO.
Code
yum install avr-gcc-c++

Edit: Looks like more ARDUINO stuff is needed and I forgot where I found the files several years back for an Debian based Linux distro.

Tim S.
« Last post by algo_trader_newb on July 12, 2024, 08:12:23 pm »
Files under "C:\Users\kylem" is owned by kylem not by administrator.

You need to use web search tools to find out how edit the folder permissions.

NOTE: Running as administrator can cause weird problems under Linux.

Edit2: I would stop running Code::Blocks as Administrator; and give ownership and right to  "C:\Users\kylem" and sub-folders back to kylem most likely you have some things owned by one or the other and this is the cause of the problem.

Tim S.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.

I am almost certain that i have my permissions set to read and writing ability for kylem. I have since then stopped running CB as admin. Right now i am unsure if kylem is the woner of both folders for SFML and curl. Below is a screenshot i took for visual reference.   :)

https://postimg.cc/kB94Pwkw

Please let me know any next steps needed to take, it feels trivial to solve but not sure why I cant figure it out or why ChatGBT does not know either.
Using Code::Blocks / Trying to understand how code::blocks does things
« Last post by vulpes_vulpes on July 12, 2024, 08:09:15 pm »
I am trying to understand where/how code::blocks does things. I have used it for simple C based projects in the past, but now I'm trying to use it for Arduino stuff. Yeah I know the wizard is broken, but a wizard only does stuff than can be done manually.

So I have done some compilations one of which looks like this...

Code
avr-g++ -Os -mmcu=atmega328p -I /home/mike/work/arduino-1.8.19/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino -I /home/mike/work/arduino-1.8.19/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/standard -D__AVR_ATmega328P__ -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -x c++ -s -I /home/mike/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.19/libraries/HID/src -I /home/mike/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.19/cores/arduino -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=103 -DUSE_EEPROM=0 -DUSE_ETHERNET=0 -DUSE_FIRMATA=0 -DUSE_LCD=0 -DUSE_LCD4884=0 -DUSE_OBD=0 -DUSE_SD=0 -DUSE_SERVO=0 -DUSE_SOFTSERIAL=0 -DUSE_SPI=0 -DUSE_STEPPER=0 -DUSE_TINYGPS=0 -DUSE_WIRE=0 -mmcu=atmega328p -I. -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/EEPROM -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Ethernet -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Firmata -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Flash -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/LCD4884 -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/LCD4Bit_mod -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/LiquidCrystal -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/OBD -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/SD -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/SD/utility -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Servo -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/SevenSegment -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/SoftwareSerial -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/SPI -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Stepper -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/TinyGPS -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Wire -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries/Wire/utility -I/usr/bin/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino -I/usr/bin/arduino/libraries -I/usr/bin/arduino/hardware/arduino/variants/standard -I/home/mike/.arduino15/libraries -c cores/CDC.cpp -o .objs/cores/CDC.o

So looking at the end of this command, we have lots of '-I/usr/bin/arduino...' stuff.

Where does that come from ? Is there a Makefile or something that code::blocks uses ?

I had a hunt about and could not find anything. It is not causing me a problem, I don't have /usr/bin/arduino/<anything> so the lookups fail, and the software compiles OK. I am just curious about how code::blocks works.

For the record this is code::blocks 20.03 on Fedora 39.
« Last post by stahta01 on July 12, 2024, 07:42:25 pm »
Files under "C:\Users\kylem" is owned by kylem not by administrator.

You need to use web search tools to find out how edit the folder permissions.

NOTE: Running as administrator can cause weird problems under Linux.

Edit2: I would stop running Code::Blocks as Administrator; and give ownership and right to  "C:\Users\kylem" and sub-folders back to kylem most likely you have some things owned by one or the other and this is the cause of the problem.

Tim S.

Help / Libcurl permission denied
« Last post by algo_trader_newb on July 12, 2024, 06:49:13 pm »
Im new to Code::Blocks but have been using it for sometime learning through learncpp.com. Wonderful website.

Ive decided now that i want to create a project scrapping data from kitco and updating the price of gold every 30 seconds. I am using

#include <curl/curl.h>
#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>
#include <SFML/Window.hpp>
#include <thread>
#include <chrono>
#include <Python.h>
#include "matplotlibcpp.h"

Here is my problem... I keep getting denied permission to access curl library.

Things i have done to solve issue --

1. turned off windows defender firewall for private and public networks
2. checked both libcurl and sfml properies to make sure i have full control
3. ensured i have proper executables inside my toolchain executables
4. updated my Settings -> compiler -> linker settings -> link libraries
to make sure i have all proper folders and files needed to execute
5. updated my Settings -> compiler -> Search directories
to make sure i have all proper folders and files, includes needed to execute
6. updated my Project -> build options -> linker settings -> link libraries
to make sure i have all proper folders and files needed to execute 
7. updated my Project -> build options -> Search directories
to make sure i have all proper folders and files, includes  needed to execute 
8. ensured my enviroment variables -> system variables
include all proper paths to curl library folders of
bin, lib and include
9. ran code block properties to set to always run as administrator

and yet i keep getting permission denied. Can anyone tell me why or how i can go about solving this issue? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone and happy coding on CodeBlocks!  ;D

ld.exe||cannot find C:\Users\kylem\Desktop\C++_Project_Libraries_Downloads\curl-8.8.0_3-win64-mingw\lib: Permission denied|

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10