Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Hi,

I'm very surprize by these strange behavior of CB with two similar configurations of compiler : OW 2.0 version 32 and 64 bits

Explain : I want generate one version of my program with 32 bits version of OW 2.0 and with 64 bits version.
I configured normally directories of binaries and search include + lib for 32 bits version of OW2.0, and all is OK for compil + link.
I "copied" the configuration of OW 32 bits in CB and renamed it for 64 bits (only the directory ot binary change : C:\WATCOM\binnt64) : the new name of compiler is OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler.
When I want compil + link version 64 bits, the syntax for the linker is incorrect :
-------------- Clean: Release OW 64 in Lesson01 (compiler: OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler)---------------

Cleaned "Lesson01 - Release OW 64"

-------------- Build: Release OW 64 in Lesson01 (compiler: OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler)---------------

wcl386.exe -q -c  -dNDEBUG  -bcl=nt   -iC:\WATCOM\h\nt -iC:\WATCOM\h -fo=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj Lesson01.c
wrc.exe -q -r -fo=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res -iC:\WATCOM\h\nt -iC:\WATCOM\h Lesson01.rc
wlink.exe option quiet system nt_win  LIBP  C:\WATCOM\lib386\nt;C:\WATCOM\lib386 objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj name binOW64\Release\Lesson01.exe library glu32,opengl32,advapi32,comdlg32,gdi32,winmm  objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res
Error! E3033: directive error near 'objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))

For generate my program with 64 bits version of OW, the real syntax fot linker is :
wlink.exe option quiet debug all system nt_win  LIBP  C:\WATCOM\lib386\nt;C:\WATCOM\lib386 file objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj name binOW64\Release\Lesson01.exe library glu32,opengl32,advapi32,comdlg32,gdi32,winmm  option resource=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res.

Thank'you for your help, I don't understand why, therefore with 32 bits version of OW 2.0 it's OK.

Thierry D.

PS : You can test my configuration of CB here : https://github.com/tdechaize/Lesson01    (Lesson02, Lesson03 .... )

I am here
There is a detailed setup procedure in the wiki, you can skip the installation of  clangd_client as it is now integrated in C::B.
Not quite a beginner but one is not supposed to know everything lol
Recently I opened ticket #1350 complaining of a bug with namespaces (an *actual* bug) with the default code completion plugin - which for me was widely enough if it weren't buggy.

I was pretty dismissed with the point that the stock CC is old, surpassed or kind of, that it's known to be buggy etc. and I was suggested to use the clangd CC plugin instead.
But I can't manage to enable it !

I am using latest NB (windows with mingw) but there I was said not to use the NB version of the plugin (?)

If I enable it, I see a sliding popup complaing that clangd client is inactive and to restart CB after setting the compiler and disabling the default CC plugin (which I have disabled already).
I tried every way without luck.

Perhaps I need the whole clang package installed for it to work ? What else ? Sorry I know I may sound stupid but I can't afford to spend hours googling around and trying to figure out how to enable it ! I know nothing of clang btw. Thx
Help / Re: Codebroks closes after pasting content
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 01:24:39 pm »
Go to Project -> Properties -> Targets tab, select your target in the left box and check "Pause when execution ends".
« Last post by DanielQuevedo on Today at 12:30:54 pm »
Hello!

The console closes!
This are warnings. The program should work?
Are the warnings what annoys you?

For this kind of errors a full build log would be helpful:
https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F
Help / Re: Symbol Lookup Error
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Today at 12:49:21 am »
How have you installed codeblocks?
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 06:31:25 pm »
What is closed, the IDE or the console?.

Please, next time use code tags (the # above the compositing window) to insert code.
Help / Codebroks closes after pasting content
« Last post by DanielQuevedo on Yesterday at 06:13:21 pm »
I'm currently programming c++ in codeblocks but I cannot paste content in a string.
When I use the command "cin", the prompt screen appears, but when I paste the content or even right click on the screen, the IDE Closes:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;
int main()
{

string frase =
"TransacaoCartaoMODALIDADE-E"
"TransacaoCartaoMODALIDADE-S"
"ObtemLogUltimaTransacao-E"
"ObtemLogUltimaTransacao-S"
"ConfirmaCartao-E"
"ConfirmaCartao-S"