Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Codeblocks on OSX 10.4 PowerPC
« Last post by guts2 on Today at 12:06:41 am »
I downloaded codeblocks for powerpc on osx 10.4 its working fine as it should but most of the templates don't work for example the opengl template doesnt work cause it cant find the gl header but when i go to the settings to put the folder where they are it still doesny work also when i pick the PowerPC template and where it tells me to pick the compiler it doesnt see that i have gcc 4.0 downloaded even though almost every other template sees it
Nightly builds / Re: The 16 Januari 2022 build (12655) is out.
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 10:04:04 pm »
    tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
    tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work

***** i knew it......

And dragging files from outside to:
1) An open editor
2) The project Tree
3) To a specific project in the project tree
4) To a virtual folder in a project tree

thank you for testing
« Last post by Xaviou on Yesterday at 10:00:33 pm »
Can you test drag and drop for me if the build works? I have no mac to test this, and i have the worry that DnD does not work on wxCocca

Buid of rev 16672 is ok if adding the 2 includes specified above.
But DnD doesn't work :
  • tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
  • tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work

Regards
Xav'
Using Code::Blocks / Re: will CodeBlocks do reverse compiling?
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm »
It is not possible to "reverse" compile c++ binaries to c++ because of non loose less optimization of the compiler. You can disassemble it from byte code (binary) to assembler and then to some sort of c++ code, but it never gets to the code you compiled.
There are tools that help you by drawing call graphs and recognise some compiler optimisations and decompile some things (for example IDA Pro https://hex-rays.com/ida-pro/ ) but they are expensive.

Codeblocks can display disassembled code during debugging. This is useful when you work with embedded systems but less useful for x86 or AMD64 code.

In short: If you are a nooby and want to decompile and understand binary executables where you do not have the code, then you will have no luck, with no tool. Understanding decompiled code is difficult.

You can read code from open source projects and other tutorials to learn c++

You can debug code to understand what it is doing but you will need the source code of the application: for ex.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_RTt_5cf0

Using Code::Blocks / will CodeBlocks do reverse compiling?
« Last post by MrCrashTestDummy on Yesterday at 08:44:24 pm »
So the question (for now anyway) seems a pretty simple yes or no type of question...

Will CodeBlocks do reverse compiling?

The reason I ask isnt really to hack or rip anyone off...  It's more like I just dont know what I am doing (as a C++ newbie)...  when I learned HTML - it was largely because I could look at the source code through the browser...   so I thought reverse compiling, if possible, might provide a similar way to get some ideas on how to use C++...
« Last post by Xaviou on Yesterday at 04:20:18 pm »
Thank you for testing...

Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>
#include <wx/dnd.h>
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

what about this in src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?
It seems to work (even with only one #include <wx/dataobj.h>  ;D )

I've re-launched a full rebuild on the last revision (12672) with these modifs to see.
But I won't be able to see the result before a few hours : sorry.

i looked into it and it seems that building for macos without buying an mac is impossible...
what a shame waled garden...
Even with a real mac, it's not easy  :-\

Regards
Xav'
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 03:43:07 pm »
Thank you for testing...

Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>
#include <wx/dnd.h>
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

what about this in src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?

i looked into it and it seems that building for macos without buying an mac is impossible...
what a shame waled garden...
« Last post by Xaviou on Yesterday at 03:13:44 pm »
@Xaviou
Can you add
Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

to src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?

That should clear most error messages?
I compiled this on linux and windows and did not get any error message...
Tested : it is not enough.
Errors have decreased from 18 to 11 but build is still broken.
I've attached the last build log

Regards
Xav'
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 02:28:50 pm »
@Xaviou
Can you add
Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

to src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?

That should clear most error messages?
I compiled this on linux and windows and did not get any error message...
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 02:08:40 pm »
Hi

I attached only the relevant part of the patch, the complete version changes m_Menu from private member to local variable and deletes it when not needed.

Thank you for testing.

BTW, there was an issue with some wxChoice not showing on toolbars on MAC (the target selection choice, for example). I made a commit fixing this on Ubuntu, can you check if it fixes the problem on MAC?

Can't build the last revision : rev 12660 broke the build process.
I've attached the output (and errors) to this post.

Regards
Xav'
O s**t... i will look into it...
Is this on OSX?

Can you test drag and drop for me if the build works? I have no mac to test this, and i have the worry that DnD does not work on wxCocca
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10