Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Help / Re: Fresh install of codeblocks seems to have messed up paths in some projects
« Last post by Vigor on March 26, 2024, 11:22:42 pm »
OK, I think I got nightly builds figured out and downloaded.

I think it created a 2nd installation of codeblocks in my downloads folder and I had to move the other files extracted from the 7z files into that folder.

the version of the new installation of codeblocks now shows as
Name                    : Code::Blocks
Version                 : svn-r13493
SDK Version             : 2.25.0
Scintilla Version       : 3.7.5
Author                  : The Code::Blocks Team
E-mail                  : info@codeblocks.org
Website                 : https://www.codeblocks.org
OS                      : Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition
Scaling factor          : 1.000000
Detected scaling factor : 1.000000
Display PPI             : 96x96
Display count           : 1
Display 0 (\\.\DISPLAY1): XY=[0,0]; Size=[1920,1080]; Primary

wxWidgets Library (wxMSW port)
Version 3.2.4 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
compiled at Dec  9 2023 17:38:11

Runtime version of toolkit used is 10.0.

It loads my most recent workspace/project but running the project still has the same path issue so that none of my images or data files are loading.

When I re-downloaded the 20.03, that was not a nightly build right?   So I effectively installed one version of codeblocks on top of an identical version?

I think that is how i got the path problem.   I actually tried to reinstall twice thinking something went wrong the first time.

The bug i was originally trying to fix was not particularly important.  It was more of a nuisance I usually wasn't bothered by.   The path problem is a bigger problem.   I would be happy to uninstall codeblocks and reinstall if I thought that would fix it but I am afraid it won't.  If I did reinstall I'm afraid I might then need to reinstall opengl files or gcc files too.

I could also maybe work around this by moving my data files to the debug folder or maybe the bin folder.
Version          : 20.03-r11983
is 11983 the nightly build?

No, that was the last release and the link you posted was after that release; therefore, it does not have the fix you said you needed.

You need to follow the nightly build directions in link to use the Windows nightly build.

Tim S.
Help / Re: Fresh install of codeblocks seems to have messed up paths in some projects
« Last post by Vigor on March 26, 2024, 09:47:17 pm »
btw thank you for codeblocks and your help fixing this
« Last post by Vigor on March 26, 2024, 09:31:02 pm »
Version          : 20.03-r11983
is 11983 the nightly build?
My previous version was downloaded on Jan 20, 2022 - codeblocks-20.03-setup.exe

I checked the nightly build number before downloading the new version (on march 24, 2024) and I thought it started with a 2, as in 20000.   Would that mean I didn't successfully reinstall?

Does this mean I need to download wxwigits, winwm10.dll, and wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll and other things mentioned in the nightly build?

I also didn't "save" the download I just "opened" it(iirc, + it isn't in my downloads folder).   At that point i just accepted default options.

I got my updated version of codeblocks from this link
https://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/binaries/
and I think i chose the codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe

i'm not positive of that.  I know I have a mingw folder where iirc i put my opengl.a files so it looks like that would be the right download.  c:\program files\codeblocks\mingw\include.   If not it was the codeblocks-20.03-setup.exe.
Which nightly build of Code::Blocks did you install?

https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html

Tim S.
The dll you need is in the bin folder under the MinGW installation folder.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: C++ Compiler Issues on Code::Blocks
« Last post by Grit Clef on March 26, 2024, 11:22:25 am »
How did you install CodeBlocks? Wherever you installed it, you can always set up a correct compiler in Settings->Compiler->Toolchain Executable.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / C++ Compiler Issues on Code::Blocks
« Last post by dorothykeas on March 26, 2024, 08:18:21 am »
Hello,
I'm new to Code::Blocks.
When I tried to launch the exe file in the bin folder it would say "libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found"minecraftle game, so I downloaded the dll from a sketchy site and put it in the same folder as the executable, that did not work. So, then I went in control panel, uninstalled codeblocks from there, and then deleted the files in my programx86 folder, and now with what I think is a new fresh install of codeblocks, I am having new issues. Whenever I try to build and run my code it won't and says in the build log tab "Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\MinGW/bin/gcc.exe' but failed!" I am currently trying to figure out how to fix this problem, but any help would be greatly appreciated, I have to have this turned in in 7 hours from now.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by christo on March 26, 2024, 04:57:47 am »
Fixed Head rev. 13494
Thanks for the reports.
It works now, thank you Pecan for the quick response as always.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on March 26, 2024, 02:01:45 am »
Thanks Pecan.

I face another issue now - regarding errors with fixes in different line, like errors due to missing includes,  fix is not applied. It shows "No available fixes found" on applying. In Parser::OnRequestCodeActionApply() , there is a check if the fix is in same line that of the line causing the error. This might be causing the issue.

Fixed Head rev. 13494
Thanks for the reports.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10