Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Underlining Errors in editor before compilation/building
« Last post by kakas on April 08, 2024, 08:41:39 pm »
Is there anyway to get code blocks to highlight/underline specific errors in editor before compiling?
Contributions to C::B / Re: Code::Blocks' translation to german language
« Last post by gd_on on April 08, 2024, 12:35:30 pm »
Hello everyone, over time I have made a very extensive translation into German and can make it available (mo/po files). The latest version is also in Launchpad.
Regards
Michael
I suggest you to update the translation on launchpad. See for example https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1022.msg159075.html#msg159075 and following posts (or directly on  https://launchpad.net/codeblocks-gd). All you need, it's a launchpad account to be able to submit new translated files.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Underlining Errors in editor before compilation/building
« Last post by nenin on April 08, 2024, 11:05:58 am »
Hate to say that, but highlighting is not a spellchecking. It is just enhance readability of the code, nothing more.
You can detect errors in C/C++ only by compiler or tools like lint.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by kakas on April 08, 2024, 08:29:18 am »
I am new. I am here  :D
Using Code::Blocks / Underlining Errors in editor before compilation/building
« Last post by kakas on April 08, 2024, 08:26:56 am »
When I write gibberish in the editor and save the file. Code Blocks doesn't seem to be aware of the error.
It's only when I try to build the project it gives an error. That too just a mark on the corresponding line in the editor and not the specific word.

I don't know if I am supposed to install some external extension or simple turn on something in the settings.
I searched up this problem and visited multiple issues, but they were all about syntax highlighting issues.
(Idk how attaching images to post works, I tried)
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by tomay3000 on April 08, 2024, 06:55:47 am »
- "Find declaration of: ..." does not work for me.
- "Reparse this project" has become a must so that the menu entry "Find declaration of: ..." appears.

What is going wrong ?

C::B : Nightly build 13496
clangd : 18.1.2

Not enough info.
Can you give us a simple example (code) to recreate the problem?
What steps can we perform to recreate the problem?

Here is my C::B project
Note that if I revert to using Code Completion back, then "Find declaration of: ..." starts working as expected.

@tomay3000
Thanks for providing the source.

Responses from Clangd are dependent on the symbols produced by the compiler being used.

Your project is using what looks like a 32 bit mingw compiler.
Where did you obtain that compiler so I can mirror your environment.

Using my default gcc 64 bit compiler gets a slew of compiler errors which means I won't get the same errors you do.

Also, what declaration are you trying to display so I can attempt to mimic the error.
The compiler I am using is: https://github.com/tomay3000/mingw-builds-binaries/releases/download/13.2.0-rt_v11-rev1/i686-13.2.0-release-posix-sjlj-ucrt-rt_v11-rev1.7z

Any declaration gives an error.
« Last post by Pecan on April 07, 2024, 06:18:16 pm »
- "Reparse this project" has become a must so that the menu entry "Find declaration of: ..." appears.

What is going wrong ?

Not enough info.

Note that if I revert to using Code Completion back, then "Find declaration of: ..." starts working as expected.

@tomay3000
Thanks for providing the source.

Responses from Clangd are dependent on the symbols produced by the compiler being used.

Your project is using what looks like a 32 bit mingw compiler.
Where did you obtain that compiler so I can mirror your environment.

Using my default gcc 64 bit compiler gets a slew of compiler errors which means I won't get the same errors you do.

Also, what declaration are you trying to display so I can attempt to mimic the error.
« Last post by tomay3000 on April 07, 2024, 01:16:05 pm »

What is going wrong ?

Not enough info.

Contributions to C::B / Re: Wiki login
« Last post by tigerbeard on April 06, 2024, 08:47:11 pm »
Thanks it works now.
I had the no-logout problem, too. Seems that is by design: I was logged out as soon as I logged out from the forum. Actually a nice feature.

Contributions to C::B / Re: Code::Blocks' translation to german language
« Last post by rechtsanwaltsteyer on April 06, 2024, 03:29:08 pm »
Hello everyone, over time I have made a very extensive translation into German and can make it available (mo/po files). The latest version is also in Launchpad.
Regards
Michael
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10