Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on March 12, 2024, 12:01:05 am »
@garwin

For my clarity, and some things I don't understand.
note: I am using directly codeblocks.exe through a problem to setup color schemes using CbLauncher
I don't understand what "problem to setup color schemes" means.

I have installed the 4 files specified in wiki manually in Clangd folder under Codeblocks and set the path in C/C++ parser tab.

What four files did you install and where did you install them?

Have you disabled CodeCompletion plugin first, then enabled Clangd_Clinet plugin second. from MainMenu/plugins/ManagePlugin. CodeCompletion plugin and Clangd_client plungin cannot run together.

After doing the above enable/disable of plugin, you must then restart CodeBlocks.

Again, very important that CodeCompletion be disabled and Clangd_client be enabled and CodeBlocks restarted. See the image below. CodeCompletion must show as greyed out.

Then, using MainMenu/Settings/Editor/Clangd_client/C++Parser (tab) set the full path location of clangd.exe.
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by garwin on March 11, 2024, 09:48:15 pm »
I have tried this new plugin which seems quite interesting and much better replacement for code completion plugin but I am struggling to set up everything correctly.
Win11 Codeblocks svn 13485, compiler MinGW-W64 x86_64-msvcrt-posix-seh, built by Brecht Sanders) 13.1.0

There are several interesting things I will try to describe.

1. run Codeblock through CbLauncher.exe vs. directly codeblocks.exe
note: I am using directly codeblocks.exe through a problem to setup color schemes using CbLauncher

In this case, after enable plugin, the plugin is inactive (using directly codeblocks.exe) with information that CB need to be restarted and compiler set. After restart plugin is inactive and there is no access to setting for plugin.
note: In case using CBLauncher, it does work.

2. LSP messages (using through CBLauncher)
I got really big bunch of errors, it seems that there is no recognition of templates, std namespace, includes headers etc.
Point2.hpp|126|error:Unknown type name 'T'
TestPoint2.hpp|14|error:Use of undeclared identifier 'std'
TestPoint2.hpp|3|error:In included file: 'concepts' file not found 
- this is linked to #include <concepts>

This is probably problem with settings but what can be done?
I have installed the 4 files specified in wiki manually in Clangd folder under Codeblocks and set the path in C/C++ parser tab.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Strange crash
« Last post by Pecan on March 11, 2024, 06:05:07 am »
Oh, I seemed to do something stupid when building CB. I had set a wrong compiler setting and linked a library that isn't needed, and that error was in that module. After I removed it, CB can start correctly.

Thanks for reporting that. I'm relieved it's not a hidden error somewhere.
We all make these little mistakes. God knows I've made my share.
« Last post by Grit Clef on March 11, 2024, 05:31:45 am »
Oh, I seemed to do something stupid when building CB. I had set a wrong compiler setting and linked a library that isn't needed, and that error was in that module. After I removed it, CB can start correctly.
« Last post by Pecan on March 10, 2024, 04:19:43 pm »
I just built and tested rev 13490 (cb 32_64, Win 11) but could not reproduce the problem.

I have no way of testing win 7 (cb 32).

Help / Re: codeblocks randomly crashes when writing
« Last post by BomberKing on March 10, 2024, 04:08:15 pm »
i think my issue is closed at this point ,
thank you all for helping ! ;D
Nightly builds / Re: The 06 March 2024 build (13485) is out.
« Last post by DigitalSpaceDotName on March 10, 2024, 02:49:12 pm »
Hi.

If you will want to prepare main trunk for new wx-3.3 you can use my patch files and safe some time. ;-)
https://github.com/tomasmark79/codeblocks-dark
Greetings.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: CB C++ Issue with GNU C++ 17 (ISO)
« Last post by Grit Clef on March 10, 2024, 09:13:09 am »
Also, what is the difference between Project ->Build Options    and   Setting->Compiler->Global Compiler Settings.
The descriptions seem to be seemly the same.
Just as the "Global" means, Global Compiler Settings will make effects on every project in your CodeBlocks, every source file. Instead, Build Options will only influence that  project, each project can have different options.
I suggest you updating your compiler, not using MinGW 8.1.0!
Help / Re: standalone linux executable
« Last post by stormfinger on March 10, 2024, 08:42:50 am »
thank you
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / CB C++ Issue with GNU C++ 17 (ISO)
« Last post by jmClifford on March 10, 2024, 08:34:58 am »
Hi. I have a "to-do list" projects (compliments of OttoBotCode on the web).  It works fine when I have no Project->Build Options->Compiler setting Flags select.  However when I select say GNU C++ 17 ISO, the compiler errors.

A part of the build messages;
wx_pch_h_gch: not used because `__cpp_static_assert' defined as ` 201411' not ` 200410' [-Winvalid-pch]|

C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\8.1.0\include\c++\bits\fs_path.h||In member function 'std::filesystem::__cxx11::path& std::filesystem::__cxx11::path::operator/=(const std::filesystem::__cxx11::path&)':|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\8.1.0\include\c++\bits\fs_path.h|237| error:      no match for 'operator!=      (operand types are 'std::filesystem::__cxx11::path' and 'std::filesystem::__cxx11::path')|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\8.1.0\include\c++\bits\stl_pair.h|456|note: candidate: 'template<class _T1, class _T2> constexpr bool std::operator!=(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&)'|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinG

Also, what is the difference between Project ->Build Options    and   Setting->Compiler->Global Compiler Settings.
The descriptions seem to be seemly the same.

Regards JC.......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10